Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    I agree with the twitter stuff, his tweets and replies are annoying and he needs to delete his account.

I also agree with Arapaho, I don't want him gone but I can live with a trade. I just do not trust Booker.

I do not agree with the thought that he is not worth his contract. He was top 9 last year, but is only the 12th highest paid RB. sounds like a deal to me.

To me CJ's only downside is availability. He finally proved he can play a 16 game season, and on a very bad offense still hit 1k. If he stays healthy its hard for me to say we can do better at rb for 4.5 mill.
    I want him gone...I'm tired of his crap personally. That's just me. I don't trust Booker either, my ideal solution is draft Barkley if he's there at #5.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Is this still an issue since the Broncos do not intend to use the salary “saved” by releasing/ trading Anderson?

Things could change but at this point I seems his job is safe unless they see a FA opportunity or have a 1st or even 2nd round RB upgrade fall into their laps.
    Just because it's money they don't intend to use this year doesn't mean it isn't valuable to save the money. Unused cap rollsover. So while we may have missed out on the big FA spending this year outside of Keenum it doesn't mean it's not still smart to add an extra $4.5 mill rolled over to the 2019 CAP season.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Just because it's money they don't intend to use this year doesn't mean it isn't valuable to save the money. Unused cap rollsover. So while we may have missed out on the big FA spending this year outside of Keenum it doesn't mean it's not still smart to add an extra $4.5 mill rolled over to the 2019 CAP season.
    I must be missing the value of rollover cap in this situation. If they need it next year they can releas him next year.

If the Broncos have no need for the salary this year then I prefer they keep Anderson. If they can upgrade I would thrilled but if not it makes no sense to save some money and let a hard working professional RB go. He adds value to the lockerrom and RB room if nothing else

I don't have video proof though I could probably find it. But I'm not going to. But the game that really rings a bell to me that supports Freyaka's criticism is the Indy game.

There were tons of plays in that game (which was his best game of the season by the way) where he would turn his back and just use his size and strength to push the pile for extra yards. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it could be better. He seems to rely on that a lot more than his field vision and ability to get through holes. Gaining an extra 3-4 yards from brute strength is good and hard work ethic. Except in that game I felt like several times he was taking away ability to get to a hole because he seemed like he didn't think he was quick enough. So he was just going to settle for pushing the pile even if it was behind his own lineman.

So on the one hand I want to praise the workhorse mentality to just plow through people. But at the same time I felt several times in that game he settled for it when he could've made a move to get free.

Again I apologize because I'm not going to take the time to youtube the proof. But I distinctly remember that game wondering why he did that so much. I just didn't complain because the man ran for like 178 so I was ok with it.

In his defense to agree with some of the supporters I agree the oline could be to blame for his tendencies to do this. It may not be lack of vision so much as lost trust in his lineman and doing what he can with the holes he's given. It's not like Booker with his flashiness has ever averaged more ypc. I like CJ I'm just not sure I like him at the price tag. And I agree with Freyaka that he annoys me a bit on social media even though fans also treat him like crap. In my opinion he should just stay off twitter rather than responding so much.
    I don't know about that....it's hard to argue with 150 yards and 5.3 yards/carry. The thing about this whole running into his own linemen or don't see the hole that we all see on tv....all RBs do that from time to time.

CP bet with Freyeka that CJ Anderson is traded during the draft

I must be missing the value of rollover cap in this situation. If they need it next year they can releas him next year.

If the Broncos have no need for the salary this year then I prefer they keep Anderson. If they can upgrade I would thrilled but if not it makes no sense to save some money and let a hard working professional RB go. He adds value to the lockerrom and RB room if nothing else
    Huh? This is the final year of his contract. There would be no cap savings next year. You would have to release him this year to have the savings rollover to next year.

Huh? This is the final year of his contract. There would be no cap savings next year. You would have to release him this year to have the savings rollover to next year.
    Spotrac has him under contract this year and next. Free agent in 2020.

Not a cap guru. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the rollover concept and rules. I am simply thinking a release takes $4.5 m salary off the books this year and is added to the available cap. Anything saved is rolled over to next year.

Am I missing something?

Spotrac has him under contract this year and next. Free agent in 2020.

Not a cap guru. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the rollover concept and rules. I am simply thinking a release takes $4.5 m salary off the books this year and is added to the available cap. Anything saved is rolled over to next year.

Am I missing something?
    Alright my bad. I was thinking this was his final year. So it should save money this year and next year.

You're not misunderstanding the rollover concept. But you're proving my point. Just because we won't use the money this year doesn't mean the money saved can't be used next year. If we keep him on the roster there is no $4.5 mil savings to rollover to next year. He gets the $4.5 mil.

So my point is just because we have no need to use the money this year doesn't mean we won't next year.

So cutting him this year even if we don't use the money would net us an extra $9 Mil in 2019.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 03-29-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    just try putting some substance in there sometime too....
    I simply asked a question, not much else to add to it. Not hard to understand.

Alright my bad. I was thinking this was his final year. So it should save money this year and next year.

You're not misunderstanding the rollover concept. But you're proving my point. Just because we won't use the money this year doesn't mean the money saved can't be used next year. If we keep him on the roster there is no $4.5 mil savings to rollover to next year. He gets the $4.5 mil.

So my point is just because we have no need to use the money this year doesn't mean we won't next year.

So cutting him this year even if we don't use the money would net us an extra $9 Mil in 2019.
    Are you sure that is how the rollover works? Not familiar with the intricacies of the cap. But just clarifying.

Using rough numbers to keep it simple for me. Are you saying that if the cut Anderson, save the $4.5M, then roll it over to next year they can go over the team salary cap? In this case if team salary is $170M next year and they rollover the $4.5 they can spend $174.5M?

If so, had not realized they can go over the team cap in that way.

Still prefer to keep Anderson this year. If there is need or an upgrade then I have no issues with releasing or trading him. But to save his salary for next year...not so keen on that idea.

The Broncos have a pretty tight cap situation next year. Something like $29 million in space, but only 32 players under contract. So being able to roll cap over into next season would probably be welcomed.

But I don't think they should let him go until they have his replacement already lined up. There's no guaranteed money left, so draft an RB and then let things fall in place in camp.

Are you sure that is how the rollover works? Not familiar with the intricacies of the cap. But just clarifying.

Using rough numbers to keep it simple for me. Are you saying that if the cut Anderson, save the $4.5M, then roll it over to next year they can go over the team salary cap? In this case if team salary is $170M next year and they rollover the $4.5 they can spend $174.5M?

Still prefer to keep Anderson this year. If there is need or an upgrade then I have no issues with releasing or trading him. But to save his salary for next year...not so keen on that idea.

It would be $9 million because the $4.5 from this year would be rolled over into next year (in theory) and they wouldn't have to pay him $4.5 million next year.

Just give D.Booker the Start and lets see what he really can do. No more RBBC. Now this would go right out the Window is Denver Drafts S.Barkley.

Henderson needs to be given more snaps if he shows promise in the preseason yet again.

That's exactly how it works. If we have $12M as an example left, we can roll that over to next year and have $12M more in cap than we would have to start.

Cutting CJ now gives us the cap savings this year and if we don't use it, we can roll that forward. We do save more by cutting him a year early, or better yet, trading him.