Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    What if games? I’ll play. What if the 2nd round RB addition thrives in the role and has a much better impact? Provides a big play capability for a fraction of the cost?

I get the concern for the loss of leadership. It is a risk to move him and others. But the Broncos are at a crossroads. Those looking longingly back at the SB50 team need to let them evolve. They were special and it led to SB.

New leaders will need to be found. New direction and personality to the roster. New season. I prefer to embrace it instead of holding on too long to a legacy team. I will miss Anderson but if a game changing RB can be found Ill learn to accept it.
    agreed...but right now we don't have one. My only point is it would be better to wait until after the draft to decide what to do with CJ. They may not draft a RB, and if they don't, is Booker going to be able to carry the load? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed...but right now we don't have one. My only point is it would be better to wait until after the draft to decide what to do with CJ. They may not draft a RB, and if they don't, is Booker going to be able to carry the load? I doubt it.
    Well, they need his money now, not after the draft so...

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    also....

"hope to find a trade partner soon"

Sounds pretty convincing that CJ stays here in '18????!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well, they need his money now, not after the draft so...
    the only reason they need that $ is if they sign Cousins. Without Cousins, what would they need that $ for?

edit...after reading the above post...I guess they don't need that $ afterall... as I have been saying all along....
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-12-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Sweet! i hope he stays.

When is the luxury tax applied? As long as we cut cja before his money is due do we really need it now to sign free agents?

I mean I apologize if Iím mistaken but canít they sign KC to a deal and then cut Anderson after if they need the money? They donít have to cut him to convince Kirk they can pay him right?

And the luxury tax would apply until he is paid and we officially broke the salary cap?

I agree with those saying cutting him isnít even needed if we fail on KC. And Iím not confident in Booker remaining healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    When is the luxury tax applied? As long as we cut cja before his money is due do we really need it now to sign free agents?

I mean I apologize if I’m mistaken but can’t they sign KC to a deal and then cut Anderson after if they need the money? They don’t have to cut him to convince Kirk they can pay him right?

And the luxury tax would apply until he is paid and we officially broke the salary cap?

I agree with those saying cutting him isn’t even needed if we fail on KC. And I’m not confident in Booker remaining healthy.
    This is all I know:

March 14 Top 51 begins. All clubs must be under the 2018 salary cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

I mean I apologize if Iím mistaken but canít they sign KC to a deal and then cut Anderson after if they need the money? They donít have to cut him to convince Kirk they can pay him right?

I agree with those saying cutting him isnít even needed if we fail on KC. And Iím not confident in Booker remaining healthy.
    There is no luxury tax that I m aware of . It is a hard cap

Rumor has it we're interested in RT Ju'Wan James from the Dolphins. I say we trade him there two birds with one stone.

I mean I apologize if I’m mistaken but can’t they sign KC to a deal and then cut Anderson after if they need the money? They don’t have to cut him to convince Kirk they can pay him right?

I agree with those saying cutting him isn’t even needed if we fail on KC. And I’m not confident in Booker remaining healthy.
    There's no luxury tax and no NFL team can go over the salary cap. All trades/contracts must be cleared by the league office before being official and they won't do so if it isn't cap compliant. If somehow a team did get over the cap, the league would give them a deadline to get under, during that time no moves can be made unless it gets them below the cap, and if the team fails to meet that deadline the league starts voiding contracts until the team is under the cap.

As for Anderson, he has no guaranteed money remaining on his contract, the Broncos can release him (or trade him) at anytime and get the full cap savings immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    This is all I know:

March 14 Top 51 begins. All clubs must be under the 2018 salary cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.
    Ok I didnít realize it had to be prior to Wednesday. I thought it had to do with when the money is owed to players. I guess I kind of get how itís the start of the league year. But it seems like if you canít add players till then you should be able to cut players then to stay under. I guess thatís why a lot of players were cut last week though.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    There is no luxury tax that I m aware of . It is a hard cap
    Oh I didnít realize there wasnít a luxury tax anymore. Thought i remembered a team having to pay it not long ago. So the penalty is draft picks then?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Rumor has it we're interested in RT Ju'Wan James from the Dolphins. I say we trade him there two birds with one stone.
    Is James worth $9M? I think he plays pretty well when healthy but he has missed a lot of time. Also, word is, Miami wants to keep him.

CJ ranked #10 by NFL Network for most elusive RBs this past season.

I would love to keep Anderson if we could add Woodhead in the mix. I know he's getting older and just got back from a injury, but he can certainly catch the ball out of the backfield. He's the kind of guy we need with Anderson.