Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

2018 Colorado Rockies thread

Who else is excited for baseball to start?

It's good to see Dahl back in the line up.

Hopefully we can build on a pretty good season last year. I'm excited to see how our young pitchers do with another year under there belts.

Go Rox!
    Last edited by 58_VONDOOM_92; 02-25-2018 at 02:09 PM.

I meant to open this before the first game Friday but was super busy at work and then started moving into a new home after work.

Iím super excited after last season. Just hope we can repeat.

Congratulations on your new closer Get ready for a ton of nail-biters
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Congratulations on your new closer Get ready for a ton of nail-biters
    We wouldnít have it any other way in the Mile High City.

I know spring training means nothing but man this spring isn't giving me good vibes so far on the Rockies chances this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I know spring training means nothing but man this spring isn't giving me good vibes so far on the Rockies chances this year.
    Yea, all these close losses make me think the team won't have a repeat of the success from last season. I haven't seen the games, is it the closer that is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Yea, all these close losses make me think the team won't have a repeat of the success from last season. I haven't seen the games, is it the closer that is the problem?
    I haven't actually seen them either but I do try to track them online when I remember. But no I don't think it's closer problems at all. It seems to be a huge lack of offense and the usual bad pitching overall. I'm pretty sure the spring training team ERA is well over 5. But again I'm not sure how much that matters when you are rotating guys in and out and experimenting daily. I just know the overall record is bad.

It's scary to think much of the success will revolve around Dahl's health. When he hasn't shown he can be healthy regularly. And I am really hoping they are just having these pitchers experiment with placement. They don't look sharp ....at all.

Ok so I went and looked at the 10 game break down. Oddly enough at 3-8 we are scoring more than we are allowing overall at 66 RS versus 56 RA. As I noted that's 5.6 runs allowed but two games went extra so the team ERA is a little lower.

The other thing I noticed is that in the 3 wins we scored no less than 9 runs. 11, 9, and 15 respectively. That's 53% of the overall runs over 10 games. So in the 7 losses we average 4.43 runs per game. Which actually isn't bad except that 5.6 team era I referenced.

Again I don't know that any of this means anything at all right now. But it seems to be the yearly trend we all notice regular season. The above average offense tends to actually be below average most games but break out for a ton every few games. Which makes the average a bit misleading. And the pitching overall isn't good as usual.

I'd have to dig in more to see at what point in the game a majority of runs are being allowed. But I don't really care to dive that much over spring training.

Ok so I went and looked at the 10 game break down. Oddly enough at 3-8 we are scoring more than we are allowing overall at 66 RS versus 56 RA. As I noted that's 5.6 runs allowed but two games went extra so the team ERA is a little lower.

The other thing I noticed is that in the 3 wins we scored no less than 9 runs. 11, 9, and 15 respectively. That's 53% of the overall runs over 10 games. So in the 7 losses we average 4.43 runs per game. Which actually isn't bad except that 5.6 team era I referenced.

Again I don't know that any of this means anything at all right now. But it seems to be the yearly trend we all notice regular season. The above average offense tends to actually be below average most games but break out for a ton every few games. Which makes the average a bit misleading. And the pitching overall isn't good as usual.

I'd have to dig in more to see at what point in the game a majority of runs are being allowed. But I don't really care to dive that much over spring training.
    Great analysis.
    I suppose it's encouraging to see that they can score a lot of runs, but again the Achilles heel will be the pitching. To your point though, it is spring training and a lot of experimentation going on.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Great analysis.
    I suppose it's encouraging to see that they can score a lot of runs, but again the Achilles heel will be the pitching. To your point though, it is spring training and a lot of experimentation going on.
    Yeah that's why I don't want to read too much into it. I just hate seeing the same disturbing trends going on even if it doesn't count.

Looks like cargo will be back for this year
    Last edited by Blondie79; 03-08-2018 at 07:17 PM.

I know it spring training but man Iím worried about our starting pitching

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    I know it spring training but man Iím worried about our starting pitching
    Iím always worried about our starting pitching.

I know these games don't count, but watching Bumgarner homer and shut them out was scary.