Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1354
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,168
    Not going to over react to one game ... but do the Rockies know itís opening day?? Cause no one has shown up...

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,864
    [QUOTE=Blondie79;5693298]Not going to over react to one game ... but do the Rockies know it


    Picking back up right where we left off in Arizona in October.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,240
    [QUOTE=DenverBlood;5693314]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Not going to over react to one game ... but do the Rockies know it


    Picking back up right where we left off in Arizona in October.
    When you donít make any changes, you should expect the same result. Ugh.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,864
    We did make changes. We just didn't make enough of the right ones. Our bullpen now costs $47 mil. Which is probably overpriced for who we have. But I saw last night our starting rotation only cost $5 mil this season. Despite a better manager I wouldn't be one bit shocked to see us regress back to not winning over 75 games this year.

    And our offense still is overrated.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    We did make changes. We just didn't make enough of the right ones. Our bullpen now costs $47 mil. Which is probably overpriced for who we have. But I saw last night our starting rotation only cost $5 mil this season. Despite a better manager I wouldn't be one bit shocked to see us regress back to not winning over 75 games this year.

    And our offense still is overrated.
    Yep. I won't be surprised when they finish in last place......

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,240
    Cargo being the only free agent bat added isnít a change at all. He sucked against the lefty...as usual. Once again theyíre banking on others having career years this season on the cheap. I know itís a marathon and not a sprint, but last night, the same offensive bugaboos showed themselves.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,864
    Was under the impression you were referring to the entire roster. We spent a ton of money on the bullpen. So that's making changes.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,965
    Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Yep. I won't be surprised when they finish in last place......
    Panic button after one game? OK

    Is what happens in the first month considered indicative? I didn't think it was.

    The Dodgers lost at home with Clayton Kershaw on the mound. I guess last place is going to be a crowded place in the NLW.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,864
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Panic button after one game? OK

    Is what happens in the first month considered indicative? I didn't think it was.

    The Dodgers lost at home with Clayton Kershaw on the mound. I guess last place is going to be a crowded place in the NLW.
    I donít think anyone is hitting a true panic button yet.

    More so just still expecting the Rockies born to return to 75 wins. Theyíve never made the postseason two years in a row.

    Itís not that Iím not excited or hopefully for a repeat. Our history just isnít there for us to believe it can happen.

    Iím not bailing on one game though. Arizona will be a contender this year. Itís not a shame to lose to them at all. And not indicative of our entire schedule strength.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,748
    Can't stand Anderson!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,168
    Why is Anderson in the starting rotation? Seen nothing from him since he returned from injury couple seasons ago?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,240
    Wouldn't it be nice if this high price bullpen could ever have a lead to work with?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,168
    Wow game on

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,748
    Crazy. Went in the other room down 7-2 and then came back and we are tied

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Why is Anderson in the starting rotation? Seen nothing from him since he returned from injury couple seasons ago?
    Wasnít Anderson the hot hand the final month of the season last year? I thought we were all saying he shouldíve started the win and in game instead of Gray?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •