Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Not written, they were drawn up by prehistoric cave dwellers. That’s how far back the rules go.
    Petroglyphs? Cave paintings? Oh, yeah! That explains the clubs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I really believe Arenado charging the mound fired this team up

Good grief Blackmon

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Good grief Blackmon
    Dudes a monster

Good win! Ottavino is filthy when has command

Nice road trip so far.

Freeland stinks

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Freeland stinks
    True that....

This offense still stinks too

CP bet on the upcoming series? I need all the CP points that I can get, and thus far we both stink
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    CP bet on the upcoming series? I need all the CP points that I can get, and thus far we both stink
    Speak for yourself. We are 11-9 (after today's inevitable loss). We don't stink. We just aren't as good as we want to be and think we should be. That isn't Red sox good but by Rockies standards it's good for the first 20 games.

I'll take that bet.

Speak for yourself. We are 11-9 (after today's inevitable loss). We don't stink. We just aren't as good as we want to be and think we should be. That isn't Red sox good but by Rockies standards it's good for the first 20 games.

I'll take that bet.
    The way that you guys talk, I figured that you had a worse record
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

The way that you guys talk, I figured that you had a worse record
    That's because this roster has been winning with some actually semi decent pitching so far. Something we Rockies fans are not very accustomed to. So we spend most of our time complaining about the offense that has largely been incompetent this year. For example we won 2-0 yesterday. I've always dreamed of days when the Rockies could win games that way. But since we aren't used to it we tend to dwell a little on how bad the offense was in spite of the win. So when they flop again today for 2 runs but this time lose 10-2 we jump on the consistently bad offense.

We've come to expect a 5 run per game average out of our offense with outburst of 7-10 runs at least twice a week. And it hasn't been happening this year. Today is the first time our pitching has allowed double digits. But our offense has failed to do so in 20 games. So we don't like it.

Fortunately we are still 11-9. And playing well on the road. Something we also aren't used to while playing poorly at home. Maybe our offense will light up and we can take off. But the skepticism around here is knowing our offense will eventually start wetting the bed on the road so we'll flop if we don't start showing up at home.

But for now I'm happy with 11-9.

That's because this roster has been winning with some actually semi decent pitching so far. Something we Rockies fans are not very accustomed to. So we spend most of our time complaining about the offense that has largely been incompetent this year. For example we won 2-0 yesterday. I've always dreamed of days when the Rockies could win games that way. But since we aren't used to it we tend to dwell a little on how bad the offense was in spite of the win. So when they flop again today for 2 runs but this time lose 10-2 we jump on the consistently bad offense.

We've come to expect a 5 run per game average out of our offense with outburst of 7-10 runs at least twice a week. And it hasn't been happening this year. Today is the first time our pitching has allowed double digits. But our offense has failed to do so in 20 games. So we don't like it.

Fortunately we are still 11-9. And playing well on the road. Something we also aren't used to while playing poorly at home. Maybe our offense will light up and we can take off. But the skepticism around here is knowing our offense will eventually start wetting the bed on the road so we'll flop if we don't start showing up at home.

But for now I'm happy with 11-9.
    What he said

I'll take that bet