Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Any One thinking World Series for The ROX ?

CUBS the Only team in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by westside Bronco View Post

I pray for a CHI/COL NLCS
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Are you thinking that? Everyone else in this thread is worried no postseason period.

I think our starting pitching is going to really suck this year, and having a good bp won't make a difference.

David Dahl is being sent to the Minors after going 15 for 42 (0 for 15 to start preseason).

If he started by going 0 for 15, that means that he finished going with going 15 for 27. Carlos Gonzalez, who was terrible last year, got his Avg. up into the .260s by the end of last season. And isn't he making $20 million per year? If I was Dahl, I wouldn't be too happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    David Dahl is being sent to the Minors after going 15 for 42 (0 for 15 to start preseason).

If he started by going 0 for 15, that means that he finished going with going 15 for 27. Carlos Gonzalez, who was terrible last year, got his Avg. up into the .260s by the end of last season. And isn't he making $20 million per year? If I was Dahl, I wouldn't be too happy about that.
    Dahl hasnít earned the right to be upset about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Dahl hasn’t earned the right to be upset about that.
    And after last season, Carlos Gonzalez hasn't "earned the right" to be a member of the Colorado Rockies making the $20,428,571 he made last year with his pathetic play. And thus his 1-year Contract at a quarter of what he was making before with a team that was just fine with letting him go somewhere else.

Not really. I don't think the Rox make the postseason.

Didn't you guys think the same think about the Avalanche?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Didn't you guys think the same think about the Avalanche?
    Some people did. I was optimistic about it. But it's not the same. Starting pitching can completely ruin a team no matter how much star power you have on offense. And I think many of us are skeptical about the pitching being able to repeat last years performance. Which gradually got worse as the season wore on and opponents figured out the rookie pitchers.

Hockey a lot of times relies on good defense and a stud goalie which has been a bit of a surprise this year but there has been the offensive firepower to pull this turnaround off for years. The Avs have just lacked the proper coaching to get it turned around.

Don't tell me you believe in what the BREWERS are doing ?

Is that the right way ?

Thanks HUMCALC for sticking up !

Over/Under is 82.5 wins. Iíll go with the over at 87 wins. I think they stay hungry and want to advance further. Iím a sucker, but I feel that another season with a real manager only makes them better.

Well this is it folks. Season starts tomorrow night in Arizona. Seems like MLB starts us off on the road every single year.

Iím excited but Rockies history still has me skeptical. I still hope for the best. I would love more than a 1 game play in this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well this is it folks. Season starts tomorrow night in Arizona. Seems like MLB starts us off on the road every single year.

Iím excited but Rockies history still has me skeptical. I still hope for the best. I would love more than a 1 game play in this year.
    They spend the 1st week on the road every year because schedule makers feel the weather is better. Dumb logic, especially if you've lived here all your life. You're more likely to get a snowout in May rather than the 1st week of the season.