Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1354
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Mark Reynolds is back on a minor league deal with a spring training invite!!
    Hopefully he learned how to play catcher over the winter.

About 3 1/2 months too late when we needed more offense against the Brewers.

Thomas Harding
    ‏Verified account @harding_at_mlb

#Rockies avoid arbitration with 1-year deal with 3B Nolan Arenado.

Signed for $26M

Hope this is foundation for a long term deal, i really dont wanna see him walk.
    Last edited by Blondie79; 01-31-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Strong rumors they're bringing back Cargo....(ugh). Might as well trade for Tulo too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Strong rumors they're bringing back Cargo....(ugh). Might as well trade for Tulo too.
    What did the Rockies get for Tulo? Wasn't that Jose Reyes, who played in a handful of games, batting around .250, and then we suspended him for his Domestic Violence situation? And then, didn't we have to pay Reyes something like $40 million dollars upon his release? So, in essence, the Rockies ultimately got nothing for Tulo, and actually had to pay $40 million dollars for Toronto to take the most sought after SS in the Major Leagues off the Rockies hands, right?

So, what would Toronto give to the Rockies to take Tulo off their hands? Oh wait, Tulo just signed with the Yankees.

We got some real sharp people in the Rockies FO. Let's see how well they can screw up the Arenado deal.

Cargo had a pretty solid year last year. Sure itís not what his earlier years were but he adds value to this team and is still a strong outfielder. I still donít understand the hate he gets on these boards.

I also donít see how anyone thinks we messed up the Tulo thing. Sure Reyes wasnít worth a damn but Tulo is absolute garbage now anyway since going to the AL. Sure he is still a phenomenal shortstop but be he is an absolutely atrocious hitter in the AL. I say good riddance to him. We are better off with Story.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Cargo had a pretty solid year last year. Sure it’s not what his earlier years were but he adds value to this team and is still a strong outfielder. I still don’t understand the hate he gets on these boards.

I also don’t see how anyone thinks we messed up the Tulo thing. Sure Reyes wasn’t worth a damn but Tulo is absolute garbage now anyway since going to the AL. Sure he is still a phenomenal shortstop but be he is an absolutely atrocious hitter in the AL. I say good riddance to him. We are better off with Story.
    Either Dahl is your starter or he needs to be traded. Cargo is not someone you bring in to sit 100 games. He will take at bats and experience from a young guy who is supposed to be your future. I don't hate Cargo, I just can't stand when Bridich literally says after the Brewers series "We need to get better on offense", then brings back the same offense. You can't honestly think the Rockies were a Daniel Murphy away from being in the World Series.

Either Dahl is your starter or he needs to be traded. Cargo is not someone you bring in to sit 100 games. He will take at bats and experience from a young guy who is supposed to be your future. I don't hate Cargo, I just can't stand when Bridich literally says after the Brewers series "We need to get better on offense", then brings back the same offense. You can't honestly think the Rockies were a Daniel Murphy away from being in the World Series.
    But getting rid of one of the better bats on the team doesnít get us better on offense either. There are far worse bats in the lineup you should be concerned with.

As for Dahl can he even make it through a season healthy?

Cargo isnít going to sit 100 games.

I agree they shouldíve done more to boost the offense but your frustration is misplaced if itís with bringing Cargo back.

Looks like Blackmon is playing Right Field and Dahl was moved to Left Field

Looks like Blackmon is playing Right Field and Dahl was moved to Left Field
    Yeah with Desmond starting in cf.. if he gets full playing time with the same batting stats he had last year I'll be an unhappy girl. He earned no garunteed playing time IMO

Yeah with Desmond starting in cf.. if he gets full playing time with the same batting stats he had last year I'll be an unhappy girl. He earned no garunteed playing time IMO
    And Adam Jones is still unsigned. He would be a much better option than Desmond. That albatross of a contact will kill them this year and next.

And Adam Jones is still unsigned. He would be a much better option than Desmond. That albatross of a contact will kill them this year and next.
    What am I missing? Why would Cargo not start over Desmond?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    What am I missing? Why would Cargo not start over Desmond?
    They might invite Cargo to come back and join the team later in the spring. But they owe Desmond 38 million over the next 3 seasons, so they are forced to put him somewhere due to salary.

They might invite Cargo to come back and join the team later in the spring. But they owe Desmond 38 million over the next 3 seasons, so they are forced to put him somewhere due to salary.
    Thought I read in here Cargo was already given another year?

Welp I scrolled back up and read it was rumors.

I donít care about sunken salary on Desmond. Itís sunk period. That doesnít mean donít pay Cargo who is clearly superior to Desmond at both the plate and center field.

Shaw doing shaw things!! i know i know its spring training