Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1791
  1. #1306
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Former Lions’ TE Eric Ebron is signing a two-year deal worth a maximum value of $15 million with the Indianapolis Colts, per source.
    Rip off - everyone over paying..

  2. #1307
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,936
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Rip off - everyone over paying..
    Overpaying or market value?

    Depends on your point of view and willingness to improve your team.

    Broncos are a 5-11 team. They need talent to improve. So far more role players have left the team then have been brought in the building.

    So far mixed messages IMO. Are they rebuilding or competing? To compete they need to improve in multiple areas. Attempting to improve by the draft and waiting for cheap cast-offs is risky.

    Bottom line. Almost a week into free agency the biggest improvement is a unknown long shot QB that they arguably overpaid. Hopefully it works. But overall the team is even weaker then when the season ended. And no real plan evident. Elway has a lot of work to do.

  3. #1308
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,949
    The Jags are releasing Allen Hurns. He would be a solid pick up.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche



  4. #1309
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    The Jags are releasing Allen Hurns. He would be a solid pick up.
    Would be expensive

  5. #1310
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Overpaying or market value?

    Depends on your point of view and willingness to improve your team.

    Broncos are a 5-11 team. They need talent to improve. So far more role players have left the team then have been brought in the building.

    So far mixed messages IMO. Are they rebuilding or competing? To compete they need to improve in multiple areas. Attempting to improve by the draft and waiting for cheap cast-offs is risky.

    Bottom line. Almost a week into free agency the biggest improvement is a unknown long shot QB that they arguably overpaid. Hopefully it works. But overall the team is even weaker then when the season ended. And no real plan evident. Elway has a lot of work to do.
    Which is part of the reason I still slightly want the Broncos to consider doing what they can to draft Rosen. Because, at some point they're going to have to be either willing to overpay for a guy or two, finally hit on a few extra draft picks, or get a true franchise qb that can make up for some holes in the roster. Preferably a combination of the last two. Then you don't have to overpay for free agents more than once in a blue moon, see Steelers, Packers, Patriots.

  6. #1311
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Which is part of the reason I still slightly want the Broncos to consider doing what they can to draft Rosen. Because, at some point they're going to have to be either willing to overpay for a guy or two, finally hit on a few extra draft picks, or get a true franchise qb that can make up for some holes in the roster. Preferably a combination of the last two. Then you don't have to overpay for free agents more than once in a blue moon, see Steelers, Packers, Patriots.
    I think this is a good point. Denver’s not an attractive destination for FA’s right now. Middling QB, bad oline, coaching uncertainty, lost some defensive pieces, and coming off 5-11. We need some positive momentum to draw FA’s without needing to overpay.

  7. #1312
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Overpaying or market value?

    Depends on your point of view and willingness to improve your team.

    Broncos are a 5-11 team. They need talent to improve. So far more role players have left the team then have been brought in the building.

    So far mixed messages IMO. Are they rebuilding or competing? To compete they need to improve in multiple areas. Attempting to improve by the draft and waiting for cheap cast-offs is risky.

    Bottom line. Almost a week into free agency the biggest improvement is a unknown long shot QB that they arguably overpaid. Hopefully it works. But overall the team is even weaker then when the season ended. And no real plan evident. Elway has a lot of work to do.
    Really? Case was cheap regarding the market and a Day 1 starter. Ebron is not market price; he’s never once blown the doors off like case did at his position.

  8. #1313
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,412
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Really? Case was cheap regarding the market and a Day 1 starter. Ebron is not market price; he’s never once blown the doors off like case did at his position.
    I have to agree that Ebron wouldn't be worth paying that much money. 7.5 million per year is a lot for someone who has only 2070 yards over four seasons. If he couldn't make the numbers with Matthew Stafford, he isn't going to be a difference maker with Case Keenum.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  9. #1314
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I have to agree that Ebron wouldn't be worth paying that much money. 7.5 million per year is a lot for someone who has only 2070 yards over four seasons. If he couldn't make the numbers with Matthew Stafford, he isn't going to be a difference maker with Case Keenum.
    Exactly. Totally agree

  10. #1315
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Cecil is saying we are eyeing Barkley!! And might be looking at trading up to get him. Please be true.
    Link please? I hope we get him.

  11. #1316
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,936
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Really? Case was cheap regarding the market and a Day 1 starter. Ebron is not market price; he’s never once blown the doors off like case did at his position.
    Cheap usually means you get what you pay for. Rarely does cheap turn into value.

    Agree Ebron was expensive. Not my primary point of my comments but I’ll play. He is a reliable receiving threat TE at 50+ catch for 600 yards a season. Do the Broncos have that kind of a TE? Maybe if Butt recovers and can reach expectations. A big maybe though.

    As for Keenum. Cheap is not the word that comes to mind. The signing is growing on me but still is confusing. If he lives up to the high expectations and has similar numbers as last year it could be considered a positive.

    But t my question is what next? If he proves himself as a franchise QB in the next two years are you then willing to give him a $28-30m a year contract at 32 years old that will be the market value at that point?

    If he is simply a 2 year bridge QB then the Broncos overspent for an expendable QB that will be the loser in a QB competition with the heir apparent rookie they might be selecting.

    At the moment, the Broncos have no clue as to the value of Keenum. Can he provide the stability and leadership needed or is he a duct tape and baling wire short term solution? Where is the value?

    And back to my point. Broncos “might” have taken a step forward in free agency with a QB but overall they have lost contributing role players. Until they are replaced the Broncos have taken steps backwards IMO.

    Is it realistic to think all the holes can be filled in the draft and with budget signings? Elway is going to have to hit on nearly every addition at this point. I wish him luck!
    Last edited by FR Tim; 03-20-2018 at 10:03 AM.

  12. #1317
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    11,835
    Jaguars released TE Marcedes Lewis.

    It is a surprise both because he had been with the team for 12 seasons and they picked up his option in February. Lewis became expendable, however, after Jacksonville signed both Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Niles Paul in free agency. The move saves the Jaguars $3.5 million against the cap.

    Related: Jaguars

    Source: Mark Long on Twitter

  13. #1318
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    8,079
    If lewis is super cheap, id look. doesnt seem like a super strong class for te in the draft
    Glen Haven Fire

  14. #1319
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,299
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Because there’s no Andrew luck in this draft
    then why trade up at all?

  15. #1320
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,314
    Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    If lewis is super cheap, id look. doesnt seem like a super strong class for te in the draft

    I just think Jake Butt is going to have a Break Out Year ( I hope ).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •