Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i was generally speaking and i don't know if you broncos fans are aware of this but in today's NFL, a back is more than just running the football. gordon is a weapon in the passing game as well as the running game, all the good backs are. that is why barkley went 2nd overall in the draft because he definitely was not the best pure running talent in the draft.

maybe one day you guys will learn a thing or two and get on my level.

and yet CJ had less total touches running and passing...more total yards, same amount of Tds and less fumbles

I don't know if you realize this...but your opinion isn't fact

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and yet CJ had less total touches running and passing...more total yards, same amount of Tds and less fumbles

I don't know if you realize this...but your opinion isn't fact
    neither is yours and i never said my opinion is fact. even opinions based off statistical facts are still opinions.

if you want facts, here you go.......

gordon has scored as many TD's in 2 years than cj has scored in his entire 5 year career.

gordon has two out of his three seasons in the NFL with more than 1400 yards from scrimmage, both the last two years. Anderson has never done that in 5 years, he's never had more than 1240 yards from scrimmage in a season.

the last two seasons anderson has only been .1 and .2% better per rush than gordon yet has scored 15 TD's less over that span.

now based on those facts, you are claiming because gordon has rushed for ever so slightly less per attempt, that makes him inferior to anderson? you also say an unproven rookie who has never taken an NFL snap is already better than gordon.

you better hope that he does become better because if not, that one will come back to haunt you because i wont be forgetting it.

Thank you #85

neither is yours and i never said my opinion is fact. even opinions based off statistical facts are still opinions.

if you want facts, here you go.......

gordon has scored as many TD's in 2 years than cj has scored in his entire 5 year career.

gordon has two out of his three seasons in the NFL with more than 1400 yards from scrimmage, both the last two years. Anderson has never done that in 5 years, he's never had more than 1240 yards from scrimmage in a season.

the last two seasons anderson has only been .1 and .2% better per rush than gordon yet has scored 15 TD's less over that span.

now based on those facts, you are claiming because gordon has rushed for ever so slightly less per attempt, that makes him inferior to anderson? you also say an unproven rookie who has never taken an NFL snap is already better than gordon.

you better hope that he does become better because if not, that one will come back to haunt you because i wont be forgetting it.
    here's another fact...your cherry picking because overall, as per total carries and total touches

CJ was the better back....got the stats top prove it too

you can list any justification you want, er excuses

but Cj played in a rotational offense with the other backs getting 40% of the carries
    he played behind a terrible oline, with a terrible qb, facing a rush orientated defense

and still has a better ypc than mg

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    here's another fact...your cherry picking because overall, as per total carries and total touches
    if that's a fact you're clearly cherry picking one single stat.

CJ was the better back....got the stats top prove it too
    he's got a slightly better average per rush the last two seasons....ALL OTHER STATS ARE HEAVILY IN GORDON'S FAVOR.

the difference in production is night and day.

you can list any justification you want, er excuses
    LOL i like how you say it's an excuse then you proceed to post the following hypocritical statement......

but Cj played in a rotational offense with the other backs getting 40% of the carries
    he played behind a terrible oline, with a terrible qb, facing a rush orientated defense

and still has a better ypc than mg
    those are not excuses at all i presume?

have you ever asked yourself why CJ was never the guy in Denver? why scrubs were taking touches away from him? why he was never an every down back like gordon is?

you use run blocking as a reason yet i already showed you proof via footballoutsiders that the chargers run blocking has been much worse, but that's just an excuse because we are talking about the chargers and not the broncos

oh and the fact anderson was not used as much allows him to stay fresh as well, but hey that's just aother excuse i guess.....unless it's a broncos running back of course then it may be a valid argument.

just keep cherry picking your ypc stat and ignore everything else, anderson is not the every down back gordon is, he isn't the weapon gordon is.........and the fact you think an unproven rookie is already better than gordon works wonders for your argument and credibility as well. lol

Thank you #85

if that's a fact you're clearly cherry picking one single stat.

he's got a slightly better average per rush the last two seasons....ALL OTHER STATS ARE HEAVILY IN GORDON'S FAVOR.

LOL i like how you say it's an excuse then you proceed to post the following hypocritical statement......

have you ever asked yourself why CJ was never the guy in Denver? why scrubs were taking touches away from him? why he was never an every down back like gordon is?

you use run blocking as a reason yet i already showed you proof via footballoutsiders that the chargers run blocking has been much worse, but that's just an excuse because we are talking about the chargers and not the broncos

oh and the fact anderson was not used as much allows him to stay fresh as well, but hey that's just aother excuse i guess.....unless it's a broncos running back of course then it may be a valid argument.

just keep cherry picking your ypc stat and ignore everything else, anderson is not the every down back gordon is, he isn't the weapon gordon is.........and the fact you think an unproven rookie is already better than gordon works wonders for your argument and credibility as well. lol
    Why canít he use excuses? Your whole argument is Gordon played behind bad Oline.....

if
    that's a fact you're clearly cherry picking one single stat.

I'm cherry picking? I'm using the entire career carries and rec...that is not cherry picking fool

no it isn't I didn't make an excuse I used an example of Cj being better DESPITE

unless your claiming I'm using excuses to show CJ was better

guess I need to be like bap and make excuses of why my back was worse ...bap impersonation : MG was worse in total carries and rec because Arapaho's isn't letting me cherry pick certain seasons instead of overall...and he was worse because he according to one source was behind a bad oline

your oline was worse? yet he played with a guy who can beat a defense that loads the box to stop the run, a offense according to you was greatly better than the broncos, according to you the bolts had better pass blocking, better TEs, better WRs, Better QB,

while Cj ran behind a oline just as bad...yet had to play against a stacked box because the qb could not beat a defense playing run by passing
    that was the known GAME PLAN AGAINST TS WAS IT NOT...STACK THE BOX AND MAKE HIM BEAT YOU PASSING?
    you think MG had to face that?...no

yet in their career totals CJ>mg

did Elway tell you that... isn't the role in a multiback offense to change backs to suite certain plays and situations?

just keep cherry picking your ypc stat and ignore everything else, anderson is not the every down back gordon is, he isn't the weapon gordon is.........and the fact you think an unproven rookie is already better than gordon works wonders for your argument and credibility as well. lo
    l
    actually I didn't use strictly YPC I used total carries, total yards, Tds, YPC, rec yards, rec tds and fumbles
    Last edited by arapaho; Yesterday at 10:01 AM.

Case Keenum ranked by NFL players ahead of Philip Rivers in the Top 100

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I know itís completely off topic but I find this pretty funny considering all the hype leading up to free agency also considering who signed him and where their former is ranked.

BTW hereís the AFC west QBs with Case Keenum leading the pack ahead of Rivers and Carr. Iím sure Mahomes will soon be ahead of Rivers and Carr as well!

Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-21-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I know itís completely off topic but I find this pretty funny considering all the hype leading up to free agency also considering who signed him and where their former is ranked.

BTW hereís the AFC west QBs with Case Keenum leading the pack ahead of Rivers and Carr. Iím sure Mahomes will soon be ahead of Rivers and Carr as well!

5 Quarterbacks and the highest ranked just happened to be the guy who lead his team to the playoffs. Baphs may not think playoffs matter but the players do!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    5 Quarterbacks and the highest ranked just happened to be the guy who lead his team to the playoffs. Baphs may not think playoffs matter but the players do!
    well if case is 51...where is geno smith gonna land

if I recall Bap swore geno was better than CK

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Abracadabra!

Never mind me. Just bookmarking this.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Abracadabra!

Never mind me. Just bookmarking this.
    If Reid leads Mahomes in the right direction and positions him to play through his strengths than I believe he could do very well in the NFL. BTW Hereís a tweet from Ben Albright that I thought was worth posting.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; Yesterday at 09:36 PM.

Hunter Henry torn ACL on Tuesday, that will hurt the Chargers 2018 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Hunter Henry torn ACL on Tuesday, that will hurt the Chargers 2018 season.
    Oh wow, in all seriousness smack aside, I hope he recuperates quickly! Wouldnít wish injury upon anybody.