Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 149
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,216
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    LOL that is an opinion, an opinion based on the fact he was .1% per rush better while ignoring the huge difference in production. nobody outside of this forum agrees with that nonsense.

    again, show me where you have made a prediction and been proven right, like i have countless times. you always want to act like i'm wrong all the time because i do make predictions but i'm right a lot too.

    when have you been right? show me or shut your trap about when ive been wrong.
    he was better based on the facts buddy

    career touches

    MG...854 touches, 3830 total yards, 24 tds, 6 lost fumbles

    CJ....796 touches,(-58) 3880 total yards, 24 tds, 3 lost fumbles

    CJ>MG

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,387
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    he was better based on the facts buddy

    career touches

    MG...854 touches, 3830 total yards, 24 tds, 6 lost fumbles

    CJ....796 touches,(-58) 3880 total yards, 24 tds, 3 lost fumbles

    CJ>MG
    MG has two less seasons played

    lets look at the production of each back the last two years so its more even in terms of playing time.

    CJ......399 touches, 1796 total yards, 9 TD's, 1 fumble

    MG.....637 touches, 2997 total yards, 24 TD's, 3 fumbles

    even if you go back 3 years and include MG's poor rookie season and CJ's last 23 seasons in the league, it still dwarfs CJ's production.....

    CJ......576 touches, 2699 total yards, 14 TD's, 3 funbles

    MG.....854 touches, 3830 total yards, 24 TD's, 9 fumbles

    CJ had one decent and productive season with muck better run blocking than gordon, other than that.....garbage.


    Thank you #85

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,216
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    MG has two less seasons played

    lets look at the production of each back the last two years so its more even in terms of playing time.

    CJ......399 touches, 1796 total yards, 9 TD's, 1 fumble

    MG.....637 touches, 2997 total yards, 24 TD's, 3 fumbles

    even if you go back 3 years and include MG's poor rookie season and CJ's last 23 seasons in the league, it still dwarfs CJ's production.....

    CJ......576 touches, 2699 total yards, 14 TD's, 3 funbles

    MG.....854 touches, 3830 total yards, 24 TD's, 9 fumbles

    CJ had one decent and productive season with muck better run blocking than gordon, other than that.....garbage.
    played two seasons less?...are we comparing years or snaps? so you don't wanna use total touches...because ? don't answer

    and your really making the excuse MG had poorer run blocking...despite a qb that can beat a defense playing the run really?

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,316
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    MG has two less seasons played

    lets look at the production of each back the last two years so its more even in terms of playing time.

    CJ......399 touches, 1796 total yards, 9 TD's, 1 fumble

    MG.....637 touches, 2997 total yards, 24 TD's, 3 fumbles

    even if you go back 3 years and include MG's poor rookie season and CJ's last 23 seasons in the league, it still dwarfs CJ's production.....

    CJ......576 touches, 2699 total yards, 14 TD's, 3 funbles

    MG.....854 touches, 3830 total yards, 24 TD's, 9 fumbles

    CJ had one decent and productive season with muck better run blocking than gordon, other than that.....garbage.
    You must have a thing for cherries...

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,387
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    played two seasons less?...are we comparing years or snaps? so you don't wanna use total touches...because ? don't answer

    and your really making the excuse MG had poorer run blocking...despite a qb that can beat a defense playing the run really?
    there is a reason MG got more touches, great backs get a lot more touches than garbage backs like CJ.

    also, CJ played with peyton manning, did he not benefit from that? i would also argue that some backs do better with less of a load on them, meaning less touches.

    CJ is not the weapon MG is, plain and simple and i don't think anyone would argue against that point beyond these homer forums.


    Thank you #85

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,216
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    there is a reason MG got more touches, great backs get a lot more touches than garbage backs like CJ.

    also, CJ played with peyton manning, did he not benefit from that? i would also argue that some backs do better with less of a load on them, meaning less touches.

    CJ is not the weapon MG is, plain and simple and i don't think anyone would argue against that point beyond these homer forums.

    Stats do not lie as of today

    Cj> mg
    Cj didnt play all the time with manning

    Ill say mg got more touches because your rbs sucked

    Hence drafting him
    Last edited by arapaho; 05-15-2018 at 09:56 PM.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Larned, Kansas
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    there is a reason MG got more touches, great backs get a lot more touches than garbage backs like CJ.

    also, CJ played with peyton manning, did he not benefit from that? i would also argue that some backs do better with less of a load on them, meaning less touches.

    CJ is not the weapon MG is, plain and simple and i don't think anyone would argue against that point beyond these homer forums.
    I would say MG should be a better weapon than CJ given where he was drafted and the plan SD/LA had/has for him..... But...... CJ, as an un-drafted player has performed on par or better, (depending if you want to look at years or touches). You stated the above highlighted.... Don't you think you're arguing with homer glasses on??

    Using the argument that he played with Manning..... In 2014 and 2015 he split carries and only started half the games with Hillman...... So that can be put in the argument.... He has outperformed or performed on par with MG.... MG is the starter and main contributor of carries for the Chargers, RIGHT??? Until last year, CJ was not. 2016 he only played in 7 games which he started and last year he was the main ball carrier....

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I would say MG should be a better weapon than CJ given where he was drafted and the plan SD/LA had/has for him..... But...... CJ, as an un-drafted player has performed on par or better, (depending if you want to look at years or touches). You stated the above highlighted.... Don't you think you're arguing with homer glasses on??

    Using the argument that he played with Manning..... In 2014 and 2015 he split carries and only started half the games with Hillman...... So that can be put in the argument.... He has outperformed or performed on par with MG.... MG is the starter and main contributor of carries for the Chargers, RIGHT??? Until last year, CJ was not. 2016 he only played in 7 games which he started and last year he was the main ball carrier....

    Ohh man now you’re using common sense... the enemy of bap

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    24,934
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    there is a reason MG got more touches, great backs get a lot more touches than garbage backs like CJ.

    also, CJ played with peyton manning, did he not benefit from that? i would also argue that some backs do better with less of a load on them, meaning less touches.

    CJ is not the weapon MG is, plain and simple and i don't think anyone would argue against that point beyond these homer forums.
    That makes zero sense baph...He got more touches but still did less with those touches than CJ, but he's somehow a better weapon.

    Your argument is like saying I get paid $20 an hour review calls and I review 2.5 calls per hour, my co-worker gets paid $25 an hour to review the same calls and he checks 2.0 per hour, but since he came into the job as a more prestigious candidate, he's still the better employee despite less production.

    Because that's basically what this boils down to. You can only claim draft status coming into the league as the thing that separates the two... Nothing on the field makes MG better than Anderson. The only thing you can hang your hat on is that MG was drafted high, that stops mattering once he cannot outperform an undrafted player.


  10. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That makes zero sense baph...He got more touches but still did less with those touches than CJ, but he's somehow a better weapon.

    Your argument is like saying I get paid $20 an hour review calls and I review 2.5 calls per hour, my co-worker gets paid $25 an hour to review the same calls and he checks 2.0 per hour, but since he came into the job as a more prestigious candidate, he's still the better employee despite less production.

    Because that's basically what this boils down to. You can only claim draft status coming into the league as the thing that separates the two... Nothing on the field makes MG better than Anderson. The only thing you can hang your hat on is that MG was drafted high, that stops mattering once he cannot outperform an undrafted player.
    But but MG oline was terrible not good like the unrounded broncos

    And mg didnt have a qb that could beat run defense like siemian

    And his pockets were heavy with 1st round money so thats why undrafted CJ out preformed him

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,216
    Gotta respect the fool that can sit here for years stating how well rounded his team is... how extremely talented they are

    Then say they sucked thats why a undrafted RB out preformed his 1st round back

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    24,934
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Gotta respect the fool that can sit here for years stating how well rounded his team is... how extremely talented they are

    Then say they sucked thats why a undrafted RB out preformed his 1st round back
    He's so good at cherry picking, he can cherry pick which things he has said in the past that do or do not matter.


  13. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,387
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Stats do not lie as of today

    Cj> mg
    Cj didnt play all the time with manning

    Ill say mg got more touches because your rbs sucked

    Hence drafting him
    he got more touches because he's an every down back and a weapon both in the running game and the passing game, unlike CJ.

    he was drafted because ryan mathews was let go.

    again, your argument is CJ's average per rush is .1% better while ignoring the fact that MG has scored as many TD's in two seasons that CJ scored in 5.

    cj anderson has never had more than 1240 yards from scrimmage in a season..........MG has had more than 1400 yards from scrimmage each of the last two seasons.

    literally the only argument you can make is CJ has had .1% better average per rush, ignoring the passing game and ignoring the vast production difference.

    like i said....you homers are the only ones in the world that think CJ anderson is better than MG.....it's not even an argument.


    Thank you #85

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,387
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    But but MG oline was terrible not good like the unrounded broncos

    And mg didnt have a qb that could beat run defense like siemian

    And his pockets were heavy with 1st round money so thats why undrafted CJ out preformed him
    the chargers run blocking is their only weakness currently on offense, never said the team was perfect.

    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol2016

    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

    last two seasons the broncos have had much better run blocking according to footballoutsiders.

    the chargers have not been good at run blocking and they have not been good at stopping the run, they also had the issue with their kicking game. other than that they are about as solid as any team in the league.


    Thank you #85

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He's so good at cherry picking, he can cherry pick which things he has said in the past that do or do not matter.
    oh but ignoring the vast difference in production both in the running game and passing and just formulating your argument based on the fact that CJ was .1% better in average per rushing clearly isn't cherry picking.......

    again, nobody agrees with your outlandish opinion except you homers, you are the the ones cherry picking one stat, the only stat better.

    cant wait until MG dominates and you can tell me how garbage he is


    Thank you #85

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •