Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    yes cause we all know a 5-11 team cannot turn it around the next year or two...right ?...I mean we in the afc west have never seen a ...lets say 5-11 team put it together and improve the next year...right?

well its a good thing we have some recent success like two afc championships and a title, hardly ancient
    oh ya of course teams can turn it around. i'm sorry but the broncos doesn't strike me as a candidate for a huge turn around this year. we will see after the draft though, if the broncos draft a QB 5th overall you are not going to see vast improvement this season.

if they draft Q nelson, hit the jackpot on a RT in the second or third, and maybe draft another RB to support CK, i could possibly see a decent turn around.

i think with what case keenam has around him in Denver currently, it's more likely he struggles than has a season close to what he had last year in Minnesota.
    Last edited by baphamet; 03-19-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    oh ya of course teams can turn it around. i'm sorry but the broncos doesn't strike me as a candidate for a huge turn around this year. we will see after the draft though, if the broncos draft a QB 5th overall you are not going to see vast improvement this season.

if they draft Q nelson, hit the jackpot on a RT in the second or third, and maybe draft another RB to support CK, i could possibly see a decent turn around.

i think with what case keenam has around him in Denver currently, it's more likely he struggles than has a season close to what he had last year in Minnesota.
    They don't strike you as a candidate because you are a hater. Remember Elway took over Denver after they went 4-12 and turned them around. Last time Elway drafted in the top 10 nabbed a future HOF and Super Bowl MVP!!
    You have 0 logic because your hate gets in the way.

already did but here it is again......

https://twitter.com/LesShapiro/statu...02629950390272

in other words, he told elway to kick rocks. i don't think it could be any more clear than that. elway was for sure interested and cousins was not, call it what you want but that is a fact.

Again, Bap is wrong..... Elway never talked to Cousins!!! He didn't see the value in the bidding war and maybe didn't see the value for the quality of the player?? I don't know.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-kirk-cousins

Broncos stars spent the past two months pining over a quarterback who never officially received an offer from their organization.

While Super Bowl 50 MVP Von Miller proclaimed he was "all-in 100 percent" for the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes, general manager John Elway had one foot out of the prospective bidding war by the time free agency's negotiating window opened last Monday.

After interviewing Cousins' agent Mike McCartney for nearly two hours, The MMQB's Peter King revealed that Denver neglected to participate in the "silent auction" involving the Vikings, Jets and Cardinals.

That's not to say Elway didn't share Miller's interest in Cousins. Once he realized the price tag would skyrocket out of a comfortable range, though, Elway didn't want to get left holding the bag in a relatively deep quarterback market. As NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport pointed out, the Broncos decided to pivot toward a full pursuit of former Vikings QB Case Keenum when they realized on the Monday night before free agency they wouldn't get Cousins.

A mere hour after McCartney began fielding each team's allotted best offer, the Broncos landed Keenum on a two-year, $36 million contract.

When Elway stood before the NFL world last Friday and declared we got our guy, he had plausible deniability in his corner.

We may never know how the Broncos' front office graded Cousins' attributes and value relative to Keenum's. But we do know that Elway preferred the option of Keenum-in-the-hand on a $36 million, two-year commitment over the prospect of Cousins-in-the-bush at nearly $90 million in guarantees.

because it's fun and......

that's why.

oh and mainly because of elway your team sucks currently and the chargers don't....maybe that's another reason?
    Don't let one winning season fool you there sunshine, your team still hasn't made the playoffs since 2013, they still suck.

The only “Browns” are in Baltimore. Last I heard they still had a quarterback there.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Don't let one winning season fool you there sunshine, your team still hasn't made the playoffs since 2013, they still suck.
    one season of a team that's full of talent and you know it. their window will not be open long, they have a good 2 maybe 3 years of rivers left including this year.

that's best case scenario for you at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The only “Browns” are in Baltimore. Last I heard they still had a quarterback there.

if that's what you want to call it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Again, Bap is wrong..... Elway never talked to Cousins!!! He didn't see the value in the bidding war and maybe didn't see the value for the quality of the player?? I don't know.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-kirk-cousins

Broncos stars spent the past two months pining over a quarterback who never officially received an offer from their organization.

While Super Bowl 50 MVP Von Miller proclaimed he was "all-in 100 percent" for the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes, general manager John Elway had one foot out of the prospective bidding war by the time free agency's negotiating window opened last Monday.

After interviewing Cousins' agent Mike McCartney for nearly two hours, The MMQB's Peter King revealed that Denver neglected to participate in the "silent auction" involving the Vikings, Jets and Cardinals.

That's not to say Elway didn't share Miller's interest in Cousins. Once he realized the price tag would skyrocket out of a comfortable range, though, Elway didn't want to get left holding the bag in a relatively deep quarterback market. As NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport pointed out, the Broncos decided to pivot toward a full pursuit of former Vikings QB Case Keenum when they realized on the Monday night before free agency they wouldn't get Cousins.

A mere hour after McCartney began fielding each team's allotted best offer, the Broncos landed Keenum on a two-year, $36 million contract.

When Elway stood before the NFL world last Friday and declared we got our guy, he had plausible deniability in his corner.

We may never know how the Broncos' front office graded Cousins' attributes and value relative to Keenum's. But we do know that Elway preferred the option of Keenum-in-the-hand on a $36 million, two-year commitment over the prospect of Cousins-in-the-bush at nearly $90 million in guarantees.
    yeah he never talked to him because he was told that landing cousins would be a long shot.

cousins was never going to come to Denver and it wasn't because elway was not interested.

yeah he never talked to him because he was told that landing cousins would be a long shot.

cousins was never going to come to Denver and it wasn't because elway was not interested.
    Sure.... Whatever it takes to make you feel better. I said it another post, debating with you is like debating with a certain side of the political isle, your opinion, even if unproven fact, is the only one that's right.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Sure.... Whatever it takes to make you feel better. I said it another post, debating with you is like debating with a certain side of the political isle, your opinion, even if unproven fact, is the only one that's right.....
    ummm did you totally disregard the quote i gave saying he was told that? you are acting like i'm making it up lol

les shapiro covers the broncos specifically, that was my source. your source was a column from MMQB and wasn't even a direct quote from elway, it was cousins' agent who said that elway wasn't a part of the silent bidding wars.

DUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH???? that is because he was told landing cousins would be a long shot.

if you don't want to believe it then that's your issue. i'm not saying elway was involved in the bidding wars, why would he? he was told to kick rocks before the bidding wars even took place.

if that's what you want to call it?
    Yes, I would say that Flacco plays the quarterback position. Unless Roger Goodell and the 31 teams voted to eliminate that position like they are kickoffs.

ummm did you totally disregard the quote i gave saying he was told that? you are acting like i'm making it up lol

les shapiro covers the broncos specifically, that was my source. your source was a column from MMQB and wasn't even a direct quote from elway, it was cousins' agent who said that elway wasn't a part of the silent bidding wars.

DUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH???? that is because he was told landing cousins would be a long shot.

if you don't want to believe it then that's your issue. i'm not saying elway was involved in the bidding wars, why would he? he was told to kick rocks before the bidding wars even took place.
    Baphs is right! Cousins made it it clear he wanted a winning organization, with winning leadership, and we all know the Vikings are known for winning........
    Besides a Super Bowl Title, 2 Conference Championships, and 5 division titles what has Elway done that the Vikings haven’t in the last 7 years ....... lol!
    Good for Cousins, him and Minnesota are perfect for each other, combined they have a trophy case just like Phillip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers!
    Empty!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Baphs is right! Cousins made it it clear he wanted a winning organization, with winning leadership, and we all know the Vikings are known for winning........
    Besides a Super Bowl Title, 2 Conference Championships, and 5 division titles what has Elway done that the Vikings haven’t in the last 7 years ....... lol!
    Good for Cousins, him and Minnesota are perfect for each other, combined they have a trophy case just like Phillip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers!
    Empty!!!!!
    he obviously wanted a chance at a SB ring and Denver is in rebuild mode, why would he go there over Minnesota who just lack a decent QB? oh and why would Minnesota sign cousins and not just keep keenum for cheaper? ask yourself that question honestly before you continue with your blind defense of elway.

oh that's right, the chargers and vikings have no rings, that will no doubt be your default response just as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Yes, I would say that Flacco plays the quarterback position. Unless Roger Goodell and the 31 teams voted to eliminate that position like they are kickoffs.
    he would have made a good browns QB, he fits the mold of sub mediocre.

he obviously wanted a chance at a SB ring and Denver is in rebuild mode, why would he go there over Minnesota who just lack a decent QB? oh and why would Minnesota sign cousins and not just keep keenum for cheaper? ask yourself that question honestly before you continue with your blind defense of elway.

oh that's right, the chargers and vikings have no rings, that will no doubt be your default response just as always.
    Cousins should try to win a playoff game before he worries about a ring. A team with a legacy of not winning with a QB with a legacy of not winning seems like a perfect fit!
    Oh and news flash Baphs Elway was interested in Cousins but not for $84 million guaranteed, so yes Denver was not in the running for a mediocre OB aka Phillip Rivers 2.0, puts up big stats with but doesn’t win.
    But then again you were lecturing me on how winning in the postseason isn’t important, can you explain that please?
    Last edited by 58Miller; 04-01-2018 at 12:04 PM.