Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,998

    For Cousins, the browns is a better landing spot than the broncos.

    title says it all.......

    the browns look like the better option than the broncos right now. better younger receivers, better OL, about to draft a special back 1st overall (if they did secure cousins). they can then either add another pass rusher or make the interior OL better with that 4th overall pick.....

    the broncos have von miller still but that defense isn't what it was before and that offense couldn't be appealing for any QB, even with sanders and DT staying another season.........if i were cousins and wanted to win, i would pick the browns before the broncos

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,423
    I think of it in reverse... I think cousins is a better option opfor the Browns than the Broncos. They have a wild amount of cap space, tons of high picks and they can build around him. Those top picks can be uses on Barkley and another piece ... total BPA for the Browns.

    So yo7 smack makes some sense..at a reverse angle...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,998
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I think of it in reverse... I think cousins is a better option opfor the Browns than the Broncos. They have a wild amount of cap space, tons of high picks and they can build around him. Those top picks can be uses on Barkley and another piece ... total BPA for the Browns.

    So yo7 smack makes some sense..at a reverse angle...
    LOL it's okay to agree with me EM, i'm thinking in a year or two that take wont be so comical. i can honestly see the browns getting real good here within a year or two if they play their cards right.

    that is a big IF, obviously.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,692
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    title says it all.......

    the browns look like the better option than the broncos right now. better younger receivers, better OL, about to draft a special back 1st overall (if they did secure cousins). they can then either add another pass rusher or make the interior OL better with that 4th overall pick.....

    the broncos have von miller still but that defense isn't what it was before and that offense couldn't be appealing for any QB, even with sanders and DT staying another season.........if i were cousins and wanted to win, i would pick the browns before the broncos
    So you wrote the title, and then gave youself a slap on the back for a title that "says it all". They say keep it simple, and I guess you just did. You talking to you.

    Who needs others when you got your awesome self?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,423
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    LOL it's okay to agree with me EM, i'm thinking in a year or two that take wont be so comical. i can honestly see the browns getting real good here within a year or two if they play their cards right.

    that is a big IF, obviously.
    If I were the Browns. I would be chasing him...then spend those draft picks on other holes... that team becomes relevant really fast... not because of cousins...but because he isn’t a liability, and there are good pieces all around him
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,998
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So you wrote the title, and then gave youself a slap on the back for a title that "says it all". They say keep it simple, and I guess you just did. You talking to you.

    Who needs others when you got your awesome self?
    you're learning

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,998
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    If I were the Browns. I would be chasing him...then spend those draft picks on other holes... that team becomes relevant really fast... not because of cousins...but because he isn’t a liability, and there are good pieces all around him
    yeah, i agree.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,692
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you're learning
    Thx....as you can see, I always work my way up from the bottom.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,692
    On a momentary serious note.....Cousins in Denver would make sense for him. Who wouldn't want to be part of this legendary organization!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,302
    Yeah.... Who wouldn't want to ride the Donkey.

    Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
    Accept it or seek therapy !

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,998
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    On a momentary serious note.....Cousins in Denver would make sense for him. Who wouldn't want to be part of this legendary organization!!!
    anyone wanting to win, any time soon.

    what happens in a year or two when his only two weapons are gone? even if the broncos did use the 5th pick on Q Nelson, that OL would still be a work in progress and inferior to what he would have other places.

    i don't see him going to denver unless they offer him the most. i see both the vikings and browns as better spots for him if he's telling the truth and wants to win more than he wants to get paid the most.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    title says it all.......

    the browns look like the better option than the broncos right now. better younger receivers, better OL, about to draft a special back 1st overall (if they did secure cousins). they can then either add another pass rusher or make the interior OL better with that 4th overall pick.....

    the broncos have von miller still but that defense isn't what it was before and that offense couldn't be appealing for any QB, even with sanders and DT staying another season.........if i were cousins and wanted to win, i would pick the browns before the broncos
    I agree Baphs he should go to Cleveland, where not winning is the norm, the Browns are the Afc Northís version of the Chargers.
    In Denver you have to deal with the greatness of Elway, and Peytonís recent success, in Cleveland most of their fans never saw Otto Graham, all they can compare a Qb to is Bernie Kosar, ( basically Phillip Rivers before Phillip Rivers). Kirk cousins is a good Qb, but $30 million a year, we have all seen how big money QBs donít win Superbowls, instead they handicap teams:
    NFL's highest paid QBs (average salary per year):
    49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5 million

    Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million

    Raiders QB Derek Carr: $25 million

    Colts QB Andrew Luck: $24.6 million

    Saints QB Drew Brees: $24.3 million

    Redskins QB Kirk Cousins: $23.9 million

    Ravens QB Joe Flacco: $22.1 million

    Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $22 million

    Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $21.9 million

    Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $21.85 million

    None of the QBs above have had teams with enough talent to win since being paid, Brees was close last year thanks to a great draft class.

    Big Ben got beat by a team with Blake Bortles

    Teams winning Super Bowl recently has been by young QBs or unselfish Tom Brady & Peyton Manning who both took pay cuts to help teams win.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,998
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I agree Baphs he should go to Cleveland, where not winning is the norm, the Browns are the Afc North’s version of the Chargers.
    players don't join teams based on what they have done in the past, otherwise cousins would be in Denver and not Minnesota, the NFC north's version of the chargers, who are also ironically superior to the broncos currently just like the chargers are, go figure?

    In Denver you have to deal with the greatness of Elway, and Peyton’s recent success, in Cleveland most of their fans never saw Otto Graham, all they can compare a Qb to is Bernie Kosar, ( basically Phillip Rivers before Phillip Rivers).
    i know you're just trolling and are actually pretty clueless, but i would love to see your logic behind that comparison. i remember beagle tried to say that before and i embarrassed him of copurse, now i will give you the same opportunity.

    there is nothing great about what elway is doing in Denver as the GM, your team has fallen off faster than any team in the NFL. they went from SB champs to one of the worst teams in the league in under 24 months.

    the main reason? look at your roster, is there any QB worth a crap that would be willing to go to Denver at this point? the answer is NO , that's why you're stuck with CK and whoever you decide to draft.

    you have "the greatness of elway" to thank for that.
    Last edited by baphamet; 03-13-2018 at 02:29 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    players don't join teams based on what they have done in the past, otherwise cousins would be in Denver and not Minnesota, the NFC north's version of the chargers, who are also ironically superior to the broncos currently just like the chargers are, go figure?



    i know you're just trolling and are actually pretty clueless, but i would love to see your logic behind that comparison. i remember beagle tried to say that before and i embarrassed him of copurse, now i will give you the same opportunity.

    there is nothing great about what elway is doing in Denver as the GM, your team has fallen off faster than any team in the NFL. they went from SB champs to one of the worst teams in the league in under 24 months.

    the main reason? look at your roster, is there any QB worth a crap that would be willing to go to Denver at this point? the answer is NO , that's why you're stuck with CK and whoever you decide to draft.

    you have "the greatness of elway" to thank for that.
    Itís actually a bad comparison because Kosar lead 3 teams to the afc championship, Rivers only one......now that i think of it Keenum just lead a team to Conference Championship, so he has already matched Rivers in success, lol!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,998
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    It’s actually a bad comparison because Kosar lead 3 teams to the afc championship, Rivers only one......now that i think of it Keenum just lead a team to Conference Championship, so he has already matched Rivers in success, lol!
    yeah, just like how mark sanchez was better than rivers according to you because of playoff record. if only you're smart and learned from your mistakes, huh?

    CK just left a team that had a really good OL, good young receives, and a good defense. poor guy, if he wasn't a back up getting paid starter money, i would feel bad for him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •