Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Wow, gold digger... nice

Little is known at this point yet some make assumptions as if what is not know is known.

Possibilities:
    • She could be in it for the money and would not be the first to have done it
    • Alternatively, Gotsis might be in the wrong. It is also not uncommon for victims to come forward later, even years, after being assaulted.

I like to think we have two ears and one mouth for a reason.
    You are 100 percent correct. The odd thing here is that in most cases while authorities are often not called usually friends are. What is also quite interesting here is that he is known to be an immigrant. Thus "easier" to eliminate as a future threat against the accuser. As others have said his Visa would be revoked, jail time would likely occur and he'd be shipped back with an American Criminal record for one of the worst crimes a human can commit.

From a football perspective I hope he didn't do it. If he did though...the things I'd wish upon him would get me banned.

Kind of sad to see people blindly jump to the defense of a player just because he's on their favorite football team. The same people doing so would probably be the first people to scream for life sentences before trial if some random homeless guy was accused of rape. Tribalism at its' best.

My point of view for what it's worth:

If he's found guilty, get him out of here and lock him up. If he's innocent, I really think there should be harsher punishment for false accusations so that the first question when situations like this pop up isn't "It's just the girl being a gold digger". Lots of real victims are probably hesitant to come forward in high profile cases for the fear of being accused of money grabbing. But the main point really is at this moment we don't know either way what happened so there's no point in making assumptions.

I'm surprised the prosecutor filed charges after so long; makes you wonder if they have him dead to rights. Not much chance of a he said she said, circumstantial 5 year old rape case ever getting off the ground, I'd think.
    ĒThose who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.Ē Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    I'm surprised the prosecutor filed charges after so long; makes you wonder if they have him dead to rights. Not much chance of a he said she said, circumstantial 5 year old rape case ever getting off the ground, I'd think.
    Actually cold case rape cases are starting to become more normal, at least according to Law and Order
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Agreed but what is also important to note is the Me Too movement which is front and center. The last thing a police department wants is a story getting out of a NFL player being accused of rape back when he was in college and no charges being laid. I believe that if charges were not laid it would look like a proper investigation was not performed. The challenge here I have, this is just me personally, is the optics. 5 FULL years have passed and Gotsis is now starting to see some success here in the NFL. Part of me wonders if this will turn out to be a similar situation to Gareon Conley (Sp?) of the Raiders.

Now my opinion will obviously change as more information comes out. It also changes if a rape kit was done the night of.
    I didn't want the first to bring this into the conversation, but this is most likely why there was a delay in the woman reporting this.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Many jurisdictions in the USA and Canada have mandatory charge laws for offences involving domestic violence and certain violent offences ( ie sexual assault )

There would have to be at least of splinter of corroborating evidence though.

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out....

And I agree metoo....probably played a huge part in this.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    Yup once he gets some money she decided to "report". Gold digger
    Wow, lots of assumptions here. Glad you know the facts here. Would you like to fill the rest of us in on them since you obviously know what happened here?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Many jurisdictions in the USA and Canada have mandatory charge laws for offences involving domestic violence and certain violent offences ( ie sexual assault )

There would have to be at least of splinter of corroborating evidence though.

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out....

And I agree metoo....probably played a huge part in this.
    Yeah, that's my understanding as to why the latest news says they are considering whether to file formal charges. Had to dig a little deeper to understand that and was a little surprised that nothing I read actually took the time to explain that since in other situations, that would not happen.

Looking at the fact it was 5 years hence and he was arrested really suggest there was enough evidence to take the first step, which seems like a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Yeah, that's my understanding as to why the latest news says they are considering whether to file formal charges. Had to dig a little deeper to understand that and was a little surprised that nothing I read actually took the time to explain that since in other situations, that would not happen.

Looking at the fact it was 5 years hence and he was arrested really suggest there was enough evidence to take the first step, which seems like a big deal.
    Also even knowing a bit abuot how grand juries work, they are generally going to at least allow for the initial arrest in cases like this so that the police and prosecutors can get a good look at it to make sure they get all the facts.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

While Iím inclined to believe the accusation is probably true, the five years since the rape supposedly happened do create some cause for skepticism.

Whatever the truth is and whatever the outcome is, I hope Gotsis has learned or does learn a lesson from whatever it is that happened.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Letís not try and point the finger at the victim.
    *ahem* the ALLEGED victim.

There is no alleged victim.
    Either the accuser is telling the truth, and is the clear victim.
    ...or the accuser is lying and Gotsis is the victim.
    Either way very sad situation, i just hope the victim (her or him) is vindicated.
    Broncos Sweep Bolts!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    There is no alleged victim.
    Either the accuser is telling the truth, and is the clear victim.
    ...or the accuser is lying and Gotsis is the victim.
    Either way very sad situation, i just hope the victim (her or him) is vindicated.
    Technically that is incorrect. When one files a complaint with the police it is called an allegation. In that complaint one alleges a series of event occurred that includes someone being a victim of a crime. So in this persons complaint, there is an alleged victim..

Ok but I do get what you mean
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I would just like to see some justice. Either for the the alleged victim or for a speedy clearing of the accused.

Has anyone seen any further reports on this? What evidence is this charge being based on. Especially after five years? That much time always raises my pessimism in these type of allegations. After so much time what are the police investigating? What evidence could the prosecutors be basing this on?

If Gotsis is guilty he should be in jail. It would have been simpler if reported at the time of the incident. Has there been any reports on why it wasn't?

If not then clear his name and let him get on with his life. At this point his reputation is tarnished and the "details" are not important to the media. Sad but true nature of our society is he is guilty in most people's minds already. How can he prove to them he is Innocent after five years?

Hate how these types of allegations linger. Convict and give a victim some sense of closure or clear the man. But either way it shouldn't be as drawn out as these types of stories tend to be. IMO unfair to both parties. Our legal system is so messed up at times!

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I would just like to see some justice. Either for the the alleged victim or for a speedy clearing of the accused.

Has anyone seen any further reports on this? What evidence is this charge being based on. Especially after five years? That much time always raises my pessimism in these type of allegations. After so much time what are the police investigating? What evidence could the prosecutors be basing this on?

If Gotsis is guilty he should be in jail. It would have been simpler if reported at the time of the incident. Has there been any reports on why it wasn't?

If not then clear his name and let him get on with his life. At this point his reputation is tarnished and the "details" are not important to the media. Sad but true nature of our society is he is guilty in most people's minds already. How can he prove to them he is Innocent after five years?

Hate how these types of allegations linger. Convict and give a victim some sense of closure or clear the man. But either way it shouldn't be as drawn out as these types of stories tend to be. IMO unfair to both parties. Our legal system is so messed up at times!
    If what happened with Perrish Cox is any indication, it's likely that Gotsis may not have a long time left with the Broncos.
    Last edited by gtown53; 03-21-2018 at 09:47 AM.