Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Unless DEN is different than the rest of the country, that's not how it works. The police investigate and present their findings to an ADA (Assistant District Attorney), and they decide whether or not to take a case. Unless of course their boss intervenes Trust me on this. I studied to be an ADA, and I am mentored by a former DA who worked with the state's Attorney General and FBI on more than 1 occasion. Plus I watch a lot of crime shows
    Well this is what the article says... not sure if you read it or went off "your Expertise" but it clearly says he has not been formally charged and that a special unit consisting of about 19 people will study evidence and decide to formally charge him or not, another article states we may not hear anything until around June as they go through this process.

"A special unit within the Fulton County District Attorney’s office will decide whether to formally charge Broncos defensive end Adam Gotsis with rape or any other crime, officials say.

Atlanta police arrested Gotsis Wednesday for investigation of allegations he raped a woman in Georgia in 2013 while he was a member of the Georgia Tech football team.

The Crimes Against Women and Children unit will determine whether to file formal criminal charges against Gotsis and if so what they will be, Chris Hopper, spokesperson for District Attorney Paul Howard Jr., said on Tuesday.

The unit includes a deputy district attorney, 10 prosecutors, nine investigators and four paralegals. The team handles child and adult sexual assault cases from Fulton County."
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Curious if anyone has seen one heard any updates on the decision to move forward or not. Previous reports stated early June.

Any comments or questions from reporters during OTAs?

The title of this thread bothers the heck out of me. "Adam Gotsis arrested for rape". It's an affirmation that Gotsis is guilty. It's an alleged rape from 5 years ago and the DA still has not decided if there’s any evidence 3 months after the charges.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    The title of this thread bothers the heck out of me. "Adam Gotsis arrested for rape". It's an affirmation that Gotsis is guilty. It's an alleged rape from 5 years ago and the DA still has not decided if there’s any evidence 3 months after the charges.
    Initial reports said a "special unit" in the DA's office would decide if formal charges would be made. I guess the alleged crime does not rise to the level of a grand jury? One might reasonably assume that ninety days is sufficient to make a decision.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Not commenting on the title or overall situation.

Simply wondering if anyone had heard any reports or interviews of any decisions concerning the case during OTAs. I have not.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...case-118393719

Adam Gotsis has 90 days after March 26 to find out if he will be indicted or not. I think we're still in that window of 90 days, at least until July.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Adam Gotsis news??

The 90-day window for the DA to decide whether or not to file charges was up yesterday. Anybody, know anything as too whether or not they're charging him?? I haven't seen anything at all.......
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

check with Lindsay H. Jones on twitter, she'll know

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    check with Lindsay H. Jones on twitter, she'll know
    Who is she??
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrendal View Post
    Who is she??
    Ahh nevermind..............
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrendal View Post
    Ahh nevermind..............
    If I were to tune into CNN and got no news, I would be disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Meaning.... “ we got nothing”

On further search

More than two months after he turned himself in to police, the Denver Broncos defensive end remains under investigation following a years-old felony rape accusation. The Fulton County District Attorney’s office has yet to decide whether to formally charge Gotsis, his attorney, Manny Arora, recently told Mike Klis of 9News.

“I’ve been in touch with Adam repeatedly, the Broncos repeatedly,’’ Arora said. “We reach out to the DA’s office periodically and as of right now they haven’t decided if they think there’s any evidence to go forward or not.’’
    According to Adam Gotsis’ attorney, Manny Arora, they’ve received no update yet from the Fulton County District Attorney’s office on Gotsis' case.
    8:50 AM - Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited by EddieMac; 06-26-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post

On further search
    That is the impression I was left with.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post

On further search
    That really sucks for Gotsis in my opinion. This is just prolonging the process. And then you have the whims of Goodell who decides is worthy of punishment or not, so who knows how Gotsis comes out of this. Hopefully he is clear of charge and everything is dropped. Similarly, if he is guilty, then he is swiftly cut and his replacement found in time.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!