Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    So it wasnít bad enough to report back when it supposedly happened, but now that Gotsis has gotten his name out there and some money in the bank it is worth reporting?

And she just know reported feb 1 2018

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    So it wasn’t bad enough to report back when it supposedly happened, but now that Gotsis has gotten his name out there and some money in the bank it is worth reporting?
    I didn't say it, but, yeah, sure seems very suspicious to be sure. Then again, the police actually made an arrest. I wouldn't think they'd do that without some kind of proof or evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    And she just know reported feb 1 2018
    Letís not try and point the finger at the victim. Heís innocent until proven guilty, I hope heís found innocent but pointing the finger at the victim. that should never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Can’t find a lot of info on it. Has he been charged?
    Yes, he was charged with one count of strong-arm rape. Allegations are from 2013, woman went to police February 1st of this year, Gotsis turned himself in on Wednesday and was released on a $50,000 bond.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pe-in-college/

Who pointed a finger? I just stated a fact..

Didnít say she waited till he had money or anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Let’s not try and point the finger at the victim. He’s innocent until proven guilty, I hope he’s found innocent but pointing the finger at the victim. that should never happen.

I agree, none of us knows what happened. Let the the justice system figure it out and deal with it then. The police found enough evidence to charge him, now it will be in the hands of lawyers to hash things out and then eventually a judge and jury to figure out what happened? Until then blaming the victim is wrong, as is assuming Gotsis is guilty because of the charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I agree, none of us knows what happened. Let the the justice system figure it out and deal with it then. The police found enough evidence to charge him, now it will be in the hands of lawyers to hash things out and then eventually a judge and jury to figure out what happened? Until then blaming the victim is wrong, as is assuming Gotsis is guilty because of the charges.
    Thanks Butler!

Yes, he was charged with one count of strong-arm rape. Allegations are from 2013, woman went to police February 1st of this year, Gotsis turned himself in on Wednesday and was released on a $50,000 bond.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pe-in-college/
    According to Renck he hasn't been charged yet.

Details sound limited, but - and a bit caveat with it with such sparse info I've read - considering he's Australian and went to school and now plays on a visa as a foreign citizen he'd be in a very murky situation with his status.

An arrest leading to a conviction would have to have been reported by the college by law and likely would have caused him to lose his eligibility, and rightly so if true.

So he was arrested, but there is no conviction. Why? Did the school cover it up? Did Gotsis somehow work out a deal with the victim? Is Gotsis innocent?

What's an off-season without drama?

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    PFT uses the Denver Post as it's source for him being arrested on one count of strong-arm rape. Which makes sense, why arrest him if he isn't charged? And in order for him to be released on bond he'd have to go before a judge and plead guilty or not guilty to a charge wouldn't he?

And the Broncos official statement, he was arrested and released on bail, likely means charges are coming though

PFT uses the Denver Post as it's source for him being arrested on one count of strong-arm rape. Which makes sense, why arrest him if he isn't charged? And in order for him to be released on bond he'd have to go before a judge and plead guilty or not guilty to a charge wouldn't he?
    I'm certainly no legal expert. Just sharing what Renck's article stated.

I'm certainly no legal expert. Just sharing what Renck's article stated.
    Yeah, I'm just confused as to how the system works? To me an arrest seems warranted if you're scared that the person might flee or if there are charges brought forth already. Given that Gotsis turned himself in, fleeing seems unlikely, but he is an Australian citizen, so perhaps that was the issue?

With him being a foreign national, if found guilty, or pleading guilty, one might wonder what that does to his green card status?

Yeah, I'm just confused as to how the system works? To me an arrest seems warranted if you're scared that the person might flee or if there are charges brought forth already. Given that Gotsis turned himself in, fleeing seems unlikely, but he is an Australian citizen, so perhaps that was the issue?

With him being a foreign national, if found guilty, or pleading guilty, one might wonder what that does to his green card status?
    He's on a 5-year visa.

An arrest with a conviction will likely cause the visa to be revoked.