Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrendal View Post
    Could be for sure. We will never know though...........................
    What we will know by Christmas is who made the better move ? Myself the competition is Cousins v/s Keenum, The broncos team and where it goes.

We defiantly up graded the QB position. A new Offense and upgrade in the defense, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Maybe I will have to change my name as you suggest .

As I mentioned, I will be thrilled to see him prove me wrong. I simply find the overzealous enthusiasm being given Keenum by some are eerily similar to past posts extolling the virtues of Sanchez and the need to prematurely pay the "Franchise QB" Seimian.

Good intentions to support the Broncos QB but I need to see some success before i can so freely jump on board the Keenum bandwagon.

I see some things to like. I cautiously am hoping to see him succeed. Certainly an upgrade over the past couple years. But until he proves himself I will continue to be perceived as "gloomy" on the overall decision.

Does this mean if he is able to eliminate the QB inconsistency and mediocrity are you proposing i need to be burned at the stake? With your popularity around here I don't stand a chance!
    The burning of Zozobra is an annual event accompanied by a fiesta. I guess it constitutes some form of reincarnation.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    What we will know by Christmas is who made the better move ? Myself the competition is Cousins v/s Keenum, The broncos team and where it goes.

We defiantly up graded the QB position. A new Offense and upgrade in the defense, can't wait.
    In 2017 Mike McCoy installed and gameplanned his offense and called it through week 11. Week 12 through 17 Bill Musgrave gameplanned and called McCoy's offense.

This year Bill Musgrave will install, gameplan and call his offense. The last time he did that was in 2016 and it went OK.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    Actually this was discussed many months ago, Cousins was too high of a cost and with KUB's assisting Elway there was a good possibility Keenum's name moved to the top of the list. But this argument does not matter any longer. It gave the team more options in this draft.

As long as many teams have a need for a QB and the top 4 go in the first 4 picks, Elway has the pick of some pro=bowl talent. I go with the lineman from N.D. Lock up the O-line, lets get a group of guys who don't talk to the media, they just do their job (rather well). Its worked in the past.
    Unless the browns trade down from one of their two top 4 picks, one of the top qb prospects is going to be there when we go at 5. There are 4 of them...Allen, Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield. I would be surprised if cleveland took 2 of them. They will take one at #1, and then either Barkley or Chubb at 4.

It is a near certainty at least one of those 4 will be there at 5.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    No concerns of Keenum flopping? I do

Broncos are taking a risk in overpaying Keenum for his one year of solid play. There is a big question of whether he can replicate his QB impact or if he sinks back into mediocrity

IMO this decision was based on Kubiaks enthusiasm for Keenum. I still would of preferred Cousins. But he was not even considering Denver.

Elway paid full price for a bargain player. Keenum has a lot of work to do before he proves he was worth the cost. I have my doubts but i will continue to hope it was the right decision and he can bring some stability back to the QB position.

More concerned about impact and leadership towards wins then stats. Cousins provides both. Keenum , still to be decided. Depending on how you define “flop” I would think Keenum has a bigger chance at disappointing then Cousins.

Sure hope Kubiaks genius at finding QB mediocrity pays off. Paying $18m for a journeyman or even worse “bridge” QB is ludicrous.
    There sure is a big ? mark there. He will be our guy this year. But will he be the guy going forward? Was last year a fluke? Or did he really improve to the next level?

I dont agree that we overpaid him though. He got a lot less than other qb's have in free agency, not just cousins either.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The burning of Zozobra is an annual event accompanied by a fiesta. I guess it constitutes some form of reincarnation.
    I had to look it up. Your depth of knowledge far exceeded my own.

There is an element of the burning of “ Old Man Gloom” that includes writing down any excessive worries and troubles from the past year to burn with the effigy.

Maybe I could use a good cleansing of my gloomy soul from the past couple years of Broncos QB play. Or perhaps my writing it down and sharing it here will suffice. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    In 2017 Mike McCoy installed and gameplanned his offense and called it through week 11. Week 12 through 17 Bill Musgrave gameplanned and called McCoy's offense.

This year Bill Musgrave will install, gameplan and call his offense. The last time he did that was in 2016 and it went OK.
    I'm eager to see what Musgrave does with CK. He really turned Carr's game up a notch and Carr wasn't the same without him. I'm not confident that CK can be our guy going forward, but i'm absolutely willing to wait and see what he does this year and judge based off that. He had a good year last year, it could have been a case of an average QB over achieving, or a QB finally hitting his stride (like Cousins did in Washington) Only time will tell and we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm eager to see what Musgrave does with CK. He really turned Carr's game up a notch and Carr wasn't the same without him. I'm not confident that CK can be our guy going forward, but i'm absolutely willing to wait and see what he does this year and judge based off that. He had a good year last year, it could have been a case of an average QB over achieving, or a QB finally hitting his stride (like Cousins did in Washington) Only time will tell and we'll just have to wait and see.
    Stranger things have happened. There was was an undrafted free agent that signed with the packers, but was cut before training camp started. No NFL team would sign him, so he went to the arena league for a couple of years. After that he played in NFL europe for a time, before finally landing a job as the 3rd stringer on an NFL team. A little time went by, and the #2 guy on the chart got traded. Then, the starter got injured.

He simply wasnt good enough early on to get anywhere, but then a few years later with some experience, Kurt Warner got his chance, and played himself into the hall of fame.

Not saying Case is a future hall of famer. But .... stranger things have happened. The list of players that flunk out early then eventually developing into big time players is full of guys like Case. Jim Plunkett, came out of college all set to tear up the league...and failed, eventually finding greatness in the later stages of his career. Rich Gannon, came out of college a qb,started his career as a running back on the patriots, got nowhere, was traded to minnesota where he failed as a backup qb, then went on to be a top tier qb with the raiders. Brett Favre was a backup in atlanta before being traded to green bay. Steve Young played in the USFL and failed with tampa before the going to the 9ers.

Will CK add his name to the list of guys that bounced around, and wasnt really wanted until finally landing in the right spot? Honestly...probably not. But then...stranger things have happened.....