Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Where did you hear the goin rate for Keenum was a single 20 million year?

All that was said was around 20 million as an average, the context length assumed to be 3-5 years like most above average QB contracts.

So compared to 20/year, 18 is a good price, and odds are we will only pay him that much for a single year. Then hopefully Kelly or Lynch can ascend to the backup role behind Mayfield.
    Rich Eisen show, imo anything over 12mil is to much, he had a fluke year last year. The Vikings only paid him 2.5 million. Im hoping Kelly is something. Baker Mayfield will be a bust. He is immature, and played in a big 12 offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Uh. We got Keenum for a very good deal. Right in line with what he has earned, but with significantly shorter of a contract.

Also Barkley is not going to be the pick, it will be a QB. Most likely Mayfield.
    If Denver takes a QB at #5, that's who I would hope it will be.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Lol this logic makes absolutely 0 sense. What he was paid in the past has 0 bearing on what he should be paid in the future.

And Elway paid him because he won a playoff game and reached the conference title. That’s what. That’s more than anyone already on our roster can say by a long shot.
    Osweiler won a playoff game....

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Osweiller is not on our roster

I’ve read that some “experts” think this means we won’t be drafting a QB with the 5 pick.That would be utter insanity IMO and the talk of going for someone on the OL or a DB with that pick will guarantee us another decade of mediocrity.
    I’d also like to know what made them decide not to go with Teddy if the reports that they talked to or considered him are true.He was reportedly happy to take a one year deal to prove his worth and I’m pretty sure it would have been for significantly less than Keenum.It would have freed up money to get a genuine quality FA in one of the areas where we keep going cheap and paying the price.I know we’re only the fans but almost every Bronco-biased article of note was against Keenum and we should have traded up to guarantee Rosen or Mayfield.
    As I said earlier,I’m hoping that this is to help a 6 foot QB come through as Baker is around the same height as Keenum but unless we get him or Rosen,I see zero upside to this.I’d have gone without the playoffs again to bring a stud Rookie in by week 10 and have space to get someone like the Honey Badger in.
    Now we’re on the hook for a one season wonder and if we don’t draft a QB with that pick,we will make the Chargers look great.
    All said and done,I’d love to be wrong about this but surely there’s a reason why the vast majority didn’t want us taking Keenum under a coach who will probably get fired this season.
    If I hear we haven’t traded the pick then hear Goodell say “with the number 5 pick,the Denver Broncos pick offensive (or defensive).....” then I truly believe we are heading for the toilet for a long time.
    And before anyone accuses those of us unhappy about this of “knee jerk reacting” or anything else,just remember we all want to be wrong but are just calling it as we see it.
    And if they even think about giving that pick to Buffalo for those two in the twenties,then for the first time ever,I will truly question my loyalty and trust for John Elway’s decision making.

Kubes is screwing us...lol, first he recommends Vance Joseph as HC , now he talks Elway into QB Keenum.......why do i feel like we are turning into the Texans from 5 years ago? I hope we can get lucky and Draft a future franchise QB next month, otherwise its gonna be a 'Pass the Pepto' season all over again
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman View Post
    Kubes is screwing us...lol, first he recommends Vance Joseph as HC , now he talks Elway into QB Keenum.......why do i feel like we are turning into the Texans from 5 years ago? I hope we can get lucky and Draft a future franchise QB next month, otherwise its gonna be a 'Pass the Pepto' season all over again

Broncos still looking for naming-rights partner...

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by broncsx3 View Post
    Lol. we go into 2018 with CASE KEENUM behind center. Who cares what we do in the draft or free agency? We've already lost. Hopefully this works out exactly as I expect it will and we get the #1 pick in 2019!
    Lots of draft picks and the remainder of free agency. Elway, Kubiak and the rest of the FO will be very busy. We’ll see what happens. I’m an eternal optimist (well maybe not during the losing skid this past season) and believe we’ll turn things around in 2018.

Keenum isn’t a rock star but I think he’ll definitely bring stability to the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Yeah because Connor cook was qb on the other side.

I don't understand all the negativity!!! The reality is Aaron Rodgers wasn't walking through that door! And...... What has Kirk Cousins done that makes any of you think he was going to lead us to the promise land? It's like because Kirk became a free agent that he all of a sudden became a elite QB, but he isn't, and hasn't been.... I don't care what his numbers say.

this is the way I see it

keenum isn't a franchise qb by any means and we all know he isn't the long term answer...he is a vet brought in to create some stability in the qb play

with that we could draft our potential franchise qb, let him learn under case for a year or two, and then we're set for years

or it could be that Elway still thinks that the potential of either lynch or Kelly is just as high as the guys in the draft and will use keenum to solidify the position until Kelly or lynch s ready to take over and use our draft to fill holes

not the way I woulda did it, but I'm just a couch coach

Really? What is everybody trippin about. It was the best thing that could have happened. We still have 12mil we can go out and get a Nate Soldier. Or Suh. And we still gonna draft our franchise QB

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    this is the way I see it

keenum isn't a franchise qb by any means and we all know he isn't the long term answer...he is a vet brought in to create some stability in the qb play

with that we could draft our potential franchise qb, let him learn under case for a year or two, and then we're set for years

or it could be that Elway still thinks that the potential of either lynch or Kelly is just as high as the guys in the draft and will use keenum to solidify the position until Kelly or lynch s ready to take over and use our draft to fill holes

not the way I woulda did it, but I'm just a couch coach
    This is what scares the heck out of me.

Maybe I'm knee-jerking but...this is somewhat of a head scratcher to me. What message are you sending to the team? A 2 year deal for a Qb that wasn't the best available in the market? I saw Keenum get bottled up in the saints game and against Philly he couldn't do anything. His numbers for his best year isn't all that special but I will say he's an upgrade. The only bright side to this is maybe Kelly can have a legit chance to win coach over and start at some point. I don't understand the logics that our FO goes through with the QB process. Almost like a plug and play guy. We still need to draft a Qb at 5 as Keenum is not the answer. The move does give us free agency flexibility but I'd be hard pressed to come to Denver knowing I got a practice coach and a one year wonder at Qb. Where is the star power or appeal here?

Um for the first time I'm going to question Elway. Two important positions on a team is Qb and HC combo and our combo....Joseph and Keenum. I would argue our roster is worse than Min especially the line. Keenum won games but let's not pretend that the defense also didn't play a huge role in some of those wins.

I see this as a stop gap but Elway has always come out and said he wants longevity and success like NE. You won't get it with recent moves like this and I'm arguing that outside of Manning and a few defensive pieces who are all just about gone we haven't built a great team is recent years. We still continue to tank drafts and not get good value from our draft picks.

Now there is still free agency and the draft but his seat should start warming. I'm a big fan but if something ain't working the Broncos should be priority over the player. Even if it is Elway. Something must change and I don't know if Elway can put it together although I'm sure most of you would say give him more time. He got that time but if by the end of this Keenum Era if we don't have optimism coming in the near future I'd be ready to replace the GM. I know Elway wants to win but it's just not working as of this time.

100% agree sort of a head scratcher, BUT, thank God we didn't get Cousins, Keenum's number were actually better last year, Cousins had 500 more yards and a few more touchdowns but 6 more interceptions. He also had a higher QB rating in the red zone than Kirk, I don't get the "Kirk frenzy".

Rather have a guy on a 2 year $36M contract than $84M fully guaranteed!
    Last edited by Broncos65; 03-13-2018 at 11:41 AM.