Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytea11 View Post
    Typical Elway trade.. give a team what they want and get nothing in return.. what a joke

This guy has to be the biggest push over in the nfl.. other GMs just have their way with him
    You canít be serious right now.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Guy was tough! How many QBs could have taken a beating like he did and still come back in the game. I'll tell you Manning wouldn't! Guy had a good atitude, always knew his place and just did his best to beat out everyone that should have beat him in the first place. I wish him luck with a much better o-line.
    I agree.

Best of luck to Trevor Siemian.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    Instead we are playing 36 mil for Trevor 2.0
    Keenum is nothing like Trevor. Only people saying that are those that haven't watched Case play.

Case is a gunslinger who likes to stretch the field. He also takes very little sacks, even though the Vikings OL was only ranked one better than ours last year (22nd vs 23rd), because he's mobile and is good at escaping pressure.

He's pretty much the polar opposite of Siemian in terms of actual playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    Keenum is nothing like Trevor. Only people saying that are those that haven't watched Case play.

Case is a gunslinger who likes to stretch the field. He also takes very little sacks, even though the Vikings OL was only ranked one better than ours last year (22nd vs 23rd), because he's mobile and is good at escaping pressure.

He's pretty much the polar opposite of Siemian in terms of actual playstyle.
    Going by the just stats alone (I know it doesn't tell the whole story, but O-line was comparable with a slight edge to the Vikings)

Versus

What version of Keenum we get is not clear, but the 2017 is his most recent season and maybe he's hit a bit of a stride, maybe not. But going by the charts, Keenum would have gotten us to the playoffs, that much seems clear. Good, even ball pass distribution to completion ratio. Whereas Siemian throws short of the sticks.

I am happy for Trevor. We are talking about a 7th round pick who worked his way to start for the team. He didn't want to leave. We have too many QBs and needed to shed some. If you are mad at Siemian for an occasional interception, you might want to be mad at the GM who couldn't find a superior alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    I am happy for Trevor. We are talking about a 7th round pick who worked his way to start for the team. He didn't want to leave. We have too many QBs and needed to shed some. If you are mad at Siemian for an occasional interception, you might want to be mad at the GM who couldn't find a superior alternative.
    I'd like to think our options about what to think are not so limited.

The above passing charts look impressive but I think some credit should go to the playcalling and offensive design for Keenum's success. You are not comparing apples to apples. Different systems.

We will see if the Broncos can be as creative at getting the most out of a career journeyman QB.

Same can be said for Siemian in Minny. Will the offense suit him if or when he is called to play?

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    The above passing charts look impressive but I think some credit should go to the playcalling and offensive design for Keenum's success. You are not comparing apples to apples. Different systems.

We will see if the Broncos can be as creative at getting the most out of a career journeyman QB.

Same can be said for Siemian in Minny. Will the offense suit him if or when he is called to play?
    Itís not even that simple to just talk about coaching and strategy either. I know some around here like to believe we still have a capable supporting cast on offense. But Keenum has better weapons to distribute the ball too. We have no viable third Wr option behind DT and Sanders and donít really have pass caching tight ends either. That makes a big difference in ability to stretch the field more.

I still think Keenum is a step up. But itís fair for people to be worried he will revert back to his prior form knowing what we have to put around him.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Itís not even that simple to just talk about coaching and strategy either. I know some around here like to believe we still have a capable supporting cast on offense. But Keenum has better weapons to distribute the ball too. We have no viable third Wr option behind DT and Sanders and donít really have pass caching tight ends either. That makes a big difference in ability to stretch the field more.

I still think Keenum is a step up. But itís fair for people to be worried he will revert back to his prior form knowing what we have to put around him.
    We need to hope Butt becomes the TE we need and we pick up that third WR/Pass catching RB in the draft.

I think Musgrave can put together a good offense, but we need the pieces doing their jobs first and foremost.

We need to hope Butt becomes the TE we need and we pick up that third WR/Pass catching RB in the draft.

I think Musgrave can put together a good offense, but we need the pieces doing their jobs first and foremost.
    Right Iím trying to be optimistic about Keenum. But he isnít a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning that can make Lemonade out of Lemons. So Elway still has work to do on the roster to give him a fair chance to succeed.

Have high hopes for Butt returning healthy and living up to expectations too.

Don't forget the Broncos have a couple of 2nd year players to consider. Both the Henderson's showed some explosive play ability. Have to wonder if they are ready to contribute after a season to develop?

Still pending legal/ suspension issues for Carlos H. Hopefully league gives him a slap on the wrist for his stupidity and it does not linger too long.

Amazing we got anything for TS.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It’s not even that simple to just talk about coaching and strategy either. I know some around here like to believe we still have a capable supporting cast on offense. But Keenum has better weapons to distribute the ball too. We have no viable third Wr option behind DT and Sanders and don’t really have pass caching tight ends either. That makes a big difference in ability to stretch the field more.

I still think Keenum is a step up. But it’s fair for people to be worried he will revert back to his prior form knowing what we have to put around him.

This is exactly right. If you look at the films from last season, the MINN receivers went and fought for the ball and made a lot of highlight reel catches. The Denver receivers either can't or won't make those same catches. With the limited amount of offensive playmakers on the DEN team, Keenum could very easily revert back to pre 2017 form.....

Quote Originally Posted by jaytea11 View Post
    Typical Elway trade.. give a team what they want and get nothing in return.. what a joke

This guy has to be the biggest push over in the nfl.. other GMs just have their way with him
    Buy a "car" cheap, use it for 2 years, drive the wheels off of it, dent it all up, and then trade it in, and get more than you paid for it!!!!!
    (That's a GREAT "CAR" SALESMAN)

IMO

I been thinking and this may be a good move for Trevor. Zim may be just the kind of coach who can help Trevor find his ... Marbles.

Would insert a Major League gif here if I could. My Gboard has it but site does not allow the interface.