Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    One thing we know...the Vikes like Denver QBs. They got rid of Bradford, Keenum and Bridgewater and now have Siemian and Sloter as their backups.

I think Siemian could be a very good backup now that he is on a better team. This is a good move in case cousins goes down.

I don't know what happened to Siemian last year after playing great the first two games. It's like he lost his confidence and no way this incompetent coaching staff was going to fix that. If Vikings could train him up he could at least give them the chance to win games as a backup

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    I think Siemian could be a very good backup now that he is on a better team. This is a good move in case cousins goes down.

I don't know what happened to Siemian last year after playing great the first two games. It's like he lost his confidence and no way this incompetent coaching staff was going to fix that. If Vikings could train him up he could at least give them the chance to win games as a backup
    Itís a simple as he doesnít like to get hit. The first two games the line was protecting great. M
    Once defenses adjusted and the line started to fold he took a lot of rough hits. And he becomes a completely different player who rushes his reads and throws and isnít patient. To me the second half of the season he always looked like he was afraid of where that next big hit was going to come from.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It’s a simple as he doesn’t like to get hit. The first two games the line was protecting great. M
    Once defenses adjusted and the line started to fold he took a lot of rough hits. And he becomes a completely different player who rushes his reads and throws and isn’t patient. To me the second half of the season he always looked like he was afraid of where that next big hit was going to come from.
    Isn't that normal for a QB? He spent a year and a half getting pummeled behind a poor OL
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Trevor is awesome and I wish the best for him. I was really, really hoping he was going to improve and make it work here during his 2nd year. Really unfortunate how it ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Isn't that normal for a QB? He spent a year and a half getting pummeled behind a poor OL
    Yes but some are better than others about picking themselves up and dusting it off. And arenít dodging the rush and having happy feet on plays that there is no rush.

Brady doesnít like to get hit. And we made him look bad for 3 quarters in the AFC title game. And he still kept getting up and nearly pulled it out on the last two drives. I donít really picture Siemian capable of that if a game was going that way.

Example being the game at San Diego this year where it looked like he didnít want to be on the field fourth quarter.

It wasnít a Trevor simmiean problem. Elway spent 8 mil on Russell okung one of the worst tackles in Denver history and Menik Watson a dude thatís never healthy and mediocre at best.

Then we had Alan Barber out of position and all sorts of weird dumb stuff happen because Elway failed to build the team under peyton.

We were lucky to have josh mcdaniels because his guys plyed well and Elway s guyís busted.

Friggin 10 mil to derek Wolfe an average player when healthy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    It wasn’t a Trevor simmiean problem. Elway spent 8 mil on Russell okung one of the worst tackles in Denver history and Menik Watson a dude that’s never healthy and mediocre at best.

Then we had Alan Barber out of position and all sorts of weird dumb stuff happen because Elway failed to build the team under peyton.

We were lucky to have josh mcdaniels because his guys plyed well and Elway s guy’s busted.

Friggin 10 mil to derek Wolfe an average player when healthy at best.
    Is that revisionism? McD draftees:

2009:

1/12 Knowshon Moreno
    1/18 Robert Ayers
    2/37 Alphonso Smith
    2/48 Darcel McBath
    2/64 Richard Quinn
    4/114 David Bruton
    4/132 Seth Olsen
    5/141 Kenny McKinley
    6/174 Brandstater
    7/225 Blake Schlueter

2010:
    1/22 Demaryius Thomas
    1/25 Tim Tebow
    2/45 Zane Beadles
    3/80 J.D. Walton
    3/87 Eric Decker
    5/187 Perrish Cox
    6/183 Eric Olsen
    7/225 Syd'Quan Thompson
    7/232 Jammie Kirlew

Moreno played with heart and played hard. A first round draftee? No, that was a reach.

Bruton was great on STs but a solid backup at safety.

DT and Decker are the only name on those lists that really stands out. Everybody else never really amounted to much and were cut or traded soon after.

But the draft is only half of McD's problem. How about the talent he got rid of? What about his horrible personality and acting like a clown on the sidelines and the bad environment he created in the LR?

Yeah, miss those days

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Is that revisionism? McD draftees:

2009:

1/12 Knowshon Moreno
    1/18 Robert Ayers
    2/37 Alphonso Smith
    2/48 Darcel McBath
    2/64 Richard Quinn
    4/114 David Bruton
    4/132 Seth Olsen
    5/141 Kenny McKinley
    6/174 Brandstater
    7/225 Blake Schlueter

2010:
    1/22 Demaryius Thomas
    1/25 Tim Tebow
    2/45 Zane Beadles
    3/80 J.D. Walton
    3/87 Eric Decker
    5/187 Perrish Cox
    6/183 Eric Olsen
    7/225 Syd'Quan Thompson
    7/232 Jammie Kirlew

Moreno played with heart and played hard. A first round draftee? No, that was a reach.

Bruton was great on STs but a solid backup at safety.

DT and Decker are the only name on those lists that really stands out. Everybody else never really amounted to much and were cut or traded soon after.

But the draft is only half of McD's problem. How about the talent he got rid of? What about his horrible personality and acting like a clown on the sidelines and the bad environment he created in the LR?

Yeah, miss those days
    Yeah good thing we had Ayers and Alonso Smith....much better then Malik Jackson, Wolfe and Miller

Joking obviously ... It is the internet so needs to be actually typed out

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yes but some are better than others about picking themselves up and dusting it off. And arenít dodging the rush and having happy feet on plays that there is no rush.

Brady doesnít like to get hit. And we made him look bad for 3 quarters in the AFC title game. And he still kept getting up and nearly pulled it out on the last two drives. I donít really picture Siemian capable of that if a game was going that way.

Example being the game at San Diego this year where it looked like he didnít want to be on the field fourth quarter.
    This is spot on, same thing happened last year, he looked decent until the injuries started to add up. I don't think he has a big enough frame to withstand the NFL punishment, plus that hurt shoulder never really healed.

Big Ben and Matt Stafford both took a lot of punishment their first few years, but the difference is they're both a lot bigger and stronger than Siemian.

Some time on the bench should help Siemian, he can finally heal that shoulder and maybe bulk up some. He may never be a starter but could float around the league as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    We were lucky to have josh mcdaniels because his guys plyed well and Elway s guyís busted.
    riiiight.......

Good Luck Trev! I hope you get a fair chance behind a real o-line!

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Good Luck Trev! I hope you get a fair chance behind a real o-line!

Class act, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    This is spot on, same thing happened last year, he looked decent until the injuries started to add up. I don't think he has a big enough frame to withstand the NFL punishment, plus that hurt shoulder never really healed.

Big Ben and Matt Stafford both took a lot of punishment their first few years, but the difference is they're both a lot bigger and stronger than Siemian.

Some time on the bench should help Siemian, he can finally heal that shoulder and maybe bulk up some. He may never be a starter but could float around the league as a backup.
    Not sure he has the frame? Have you ever seen pictures or post-draft Tom Brady? He could have been the guy behind a comic book store counter selling you Pokemon cards with his frame.

It's about learning how to avoid it and having the mental toughness to not let it affect you.

Trevor has plenty of time to build a tougher frame, just like Brady did; but he has to grasp that mental aspect and quit worrying about getting hurt. When you worry about getting hurt, you're gonna get hurt every time because your body is tense.

Either way, I don't think Siemian will ever be a Tom Brady, but he's got a great future as a backup QB in this league and that's saying a lot for a 7th round pick. He definitely isn't afraid to put in the work to make something of himself, he's just gotta learn to not let the other teams defenders get into his head. Many never figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytea11 View Post
    Typical Elway trade.. give a team what they want and get nothing in return.. what a joke

This guy has to be the biggest push over in the nfl.. other GMs just have their way with him
    We did get something in return, we got a 5th round pick next year leaving us with more ammunition to work with next year, we also got some much needed cap space. What is a joke is some of the fans around these parts who so quickly turn on the guy they were falling head over heals for in 2015 when he put together a superbowl winner...