Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Slightly off topic, but Oz is visiting Miami today.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Slightly off topic, but Oz is visiting Miami today.
    Good luck to him! I have no hard feelings towards the guy and hopefully he can still make something out of his career.

If not, he's got more money than most QBs make in their career so he's pretty well setup for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We did get something in return, we got a 5th round pick next year leaving us with more ammunition to work with next year, we also got some much needed cap space. What is a joke is some of the fans around these parts who so quickly turn on the guy they were falling head over heals for in 2015 when he put together a superbowl winner...
    Exactly. This was a good move.

I really liked Trevor and I still think he's got a chance to have a solid career in the NFL; but it was obvious that we needed to move on to something new. Plus we got a 5th round pick next year out of the deal and recovered 2 mil in cap space. What's not to like (except for losing a pretty solid backup)?

Do you think letting Trevor Siemian go was a right thing? Would he have won a SB?

Former Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian had a mixed record as Broncos QB. He was seen as the post-Manning quarterback of the future, but QB controversies and the horrible 2017 season ruined that.

Do you think letting Siemian go was a right thing, or a big error?

Quote Originally Posted by BagelKing View Post
    Former Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian had a mixed record as Broncos QB. He was seen as the post-Manning quarterback of the future, but QB controversies and the horrible 2017 season ruined that.

Definitely, without any doubt whatsoever, it was the right thing.

Plus, I doubt but only a few ever really believed Trevor was the "qb of the future".

I think the odds were low the Broncos could win a SB with Siemian. The team wasn't far from making the playoffs in 2016 and everything fell apart last season. I like Siemian and hope he has a long career as a backup with a chance to earn a starting role again. He showed some flashes over two seasons:

• Second half comeback in the 2016 opener vs. Carolina
    • Breakout game vs. Bengals in 2016
    • Win vs. Texans on Monday Night Football in 2016
    • Second half flashes vs. Chiefs in the home game in 2016
    • Opening 2017 with back to back wins and the impressive win over the Cowboys

There were games and moments when he played with the potential to be the franchise QB.

I watched highlights of the INTs by Broncos QBs last season. Although the O-line had issues many of the INTs were a result of his poor decisions and problems with accuracy.

Hopefully he has a good career. He's a hard worker and I know he'll be prepared to step in for Cousins should anything happen.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 04-05-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Trevor has this thing where he comes off the bench or off season and really looks like a world beater only to "tire" for a lack of a better term. Be it because of injury or what you just cant have that in a qb. Maybe a tax guy but not a qb.

In two seasons as a starter, Trevor Siemain showed he is a backup QB in the NFL. Sending him to Minnesota was good for him, the Vikings and the Broncos. Same as when Tim Tebow was traded to the Jets. It was best for all parties concerned.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Why are either of those a question!!!

No way he wasnt winning games, let alone a SB! And cutting bait was absolutely the best for him and us.

Trev is a good guy, but as a QB, he is what he is.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

It will be a few years to really know. He showed potential in year 1 and the first few games this year and then suddenly could not throw a pass. It made no sense, but nothing made sense with the structural incompetence across the entire FO, coaching staff, etc. I do not think a QB who had one good year in six will do better in this environment either, but maybe Minnesota can get more out of Siemian.

The Trevor Siemian fan wagon left to MN, its time to move on. If you love him, follow MN. We don't want another issue where the Tebow fan was still here after we traded him to the Jets.

Its so ironic, my Brother was a Tebow fan, and then became a Trevor Siemian fan, he lives in MN. He told me Trevor Siemian is a great franchise QB. Once MN got him, he was soooo happy. I told him I was happy too.
    Last edited by Chronoless; 04-05-2018 at 06:37 PM.

I like Siemian. He's a likable guy. Siemian is smart, and is an okay athlete. And if Cousins goes down late in the season, I'll be rooting for him to do well. Unfortunately for Denver, the Broncos needed a "difference maker" to be successful. Siemian isn't a difference maker. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    The Trevor Siemian fan wagon left to MN, its time to move on. If you love him, follow MN. We don't want another issue where the Tebow fan was still here after we traded him to the Jets.

Its so ironic, my Brother was a Tebow fan, and then became a Trevor Siemian fan, he lives in MN. He told me Trevor Siemian is a great franchise QB. Once MN got him, he was soooo happy. I told him I was happy too.
    Your brother has good taste
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by BagelKing View Post

Well-

I wouldn't say it was a "big error",

I am surprised to see Siemian off the roster and Lynch is still with us. I see Siemian as a better option at #2, for now... and for the foreseeable future. Pretty sure this means Siemian had better trade value than Lynch though so, we are where we are for a reason.