Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 60 of 60
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    24,861
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    no i'm not going to make an idiotic bet like that. it's the pre-season. you're literally out of your damn mind, if you think that proves anything one way or the other.
    So basically you were talking out of your butt and you have zero faith in it to hold water so you took the cowards way out. Gotcha...


  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So basically you were talking out of your butt and you have zero faith in it to hold water so you took the cowards way out. Gotcha...
    only idiots bet on pre-season games and even bigger morons think pre-season performances prove anything. all this smack about geno smith yet nobody wants to bet he makes the final 53? would you like to make that bet since you want to talk about me being a coward? no?? i didn't think so.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,300
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Sounds like Drew Brees who wasn’t good his first two years, then your team drafted Rivers instead of adding Larry Fitzgerald or trading back for additional weapons to build around your young Qb. Then he blew up, but with the investment in Rivers your team had to move on. Bree’s Super Bowl winner and first ballot HOF, while Phillip is third best Charger Qb all-time behind Fouts and Stan Humphries who actually lead then to a Super Bowl.
    drew brees was in the league 3 years and was terrible. the chargers would have traded rivers had brees not gotten hurt on his throwing shoulder. same reason the broncos didn't even try to sign brees and instead wasted their 11th overall pick on cutler instead.

    it will be funny what you guys have to say about it if elway drafts a QB 5th overall

    yes i know you think stan the man is better because he took them to the SB, that's literally the only way you know how to judge players.

    you also think QB's like trent dilfer are better than dan marino and dan fouts as well since he won a SB and they didn't.

    i often ask myself why i feed your idiocy all the time.....bored i guess.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,300
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I never brought up Geno Baphs, but you did say it was arguable he would be the best Qb on Denver’s roster, that’s like yelling “is that a bomb?” at the airport and then wondering why security is surrounding you. You own that one now bud.

    I can always run trophy smack Baphs, your just mad because you can’t.
    Instead you run most well rounded smack, or shutout smack.
    Most well rounded? Your team didn’t make the postseason for the 4th year in a row!

    Shutout smack? Your team shutout a Trevor Siemien lead offense congratulations! Your team also went 1-1 vs Siemien Lol!!!!
    your new QB just isn't that good dude, he's just a bandaid on a bullet wound and you guys all know it!


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    drew brees was in the league 3 years and was terrible. the chargers would have traded rivers had brees not gotten hurt on his throwing shoulder. same reason the broncos didn't even try to sign brees and instead wasted their 11th overall pick on cutler instead.

    it will be funny what you guys have to say about it if elway drafts a QB 5th overall

    yes i know you think stan the man is better because he took them to the SB, that's literally the only way you know how to judge players.

    you also think QB's like trent dilfer are better than dan marino and dan fouts as well since he won a SB and they didn't.

    i often ask myself why i feed your idiocy all the time.....bored i guess.
    I never said Dilfer was better than Marino, Marino is a HOF who lead a team to a SB. But use Dilfer and Brad Johnson to try and sound smart. My question is why don’t you use Rivers? Is Rivers better than Marino? Nope!!!

    Rivers is the 3rd best Qb from his own draft behind Big Ben and Eli
    Meaning your team gave up on HOF Drew Bree’s then traded away 2x SB Champ Eli lol!!!!

    Yes i grade QBs on what they do when it matters:
    Elway = the drive, the helicopter, SB MVP
    Montana= the catch, SB MVPs,
    Manning = game winning drive vs Pats 2006 AFCCG

    Eli = game winning SB drive

    Bree’s =SB MVP

    Staubach = Hail Mary game

    Rodgers= SB MVP

    Warner/ Big Ben= Game winning SB drives

    I want a Qb who carries the team in the postseason not Phillip Rivers who pats his stats and fails with HOF talent and a stacked roster

    The Chargers should have built around Bree’s not drafted Rivers, i hope Elway doesn’t follow suit. A Qb needs an o-line, and weapons.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 04-16-2018 at 08:49 AM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    only idiots bet on pre-season games and even bigger morons think pre-season performances prove anything. all this smack about geno smith yet nobody wants to bet he makes the final 53? would you like to make that bet since you want to talk about me being a coward? no?? i didn't think so.
    What would you call a guy who argues a Qb who can’t make the 53 would start on another team but then back out, and say “ i said Arguable”
    ....... a coward who can’t back up his loud mouth?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,300
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I never said Dilfer was better than Marino, Marino is a HOF who lead a team to a SB. But use Dilfer and Brad Johnson to try and sound smart. My question is why don’t you use Rivers? Is Rivers better than Marino? Nope!!!

    Rivers is the 3rd best Qb from his own draft behind Big Ben and Eli
    Meaning your team gave up on HOF Drew Bree’s then traded away 2x SB Champ Eli lol!!!!

    Yes i grade QBs on what they do when it matters:
    Elway = the drive, the helicopter, SB MVP
    Montana= the catch, SB MVPs,
    Manning = game winning drive vs Pats 2006 AFCCG

    Eli = game winning SB drive

    Bree’s =SB MVP

    Staubach = Hail Mary game

    Rodgers= SB MVP

    Warner/ Big Ben= Game winning SB drives

    I want a Qb who carries the team in the postseason not Phillip Rivers who pats his stats and fails with HOF talent and a stacked roster

    The Chargers should have built around Bree’s not drafted Rivers, i hope Elway doesn’t follow suit. A Qb needs an o-line, and weapons.
    ben and rivers are arguable but eli is clearly the worst of the three and i don't think it's even close.



    eli got hot at the right time, just like multiple other mediocre QB's have done like the one's i mentioned previously. also, you make the argument that dan marino is better because he at least got his team to a SB while the other guys won the SB.....your argument is full of holes.

    no i don't think rivers is as good as marino was and guess what? it isn't simply because marino got one game farther than rivers has, that would be idiotic.

    maybe try actually judging players by.....you know? how well they play at their position? i know, it just makes too much damn sense!


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,300
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    What would you call a guy who argues a Qb who can’t make the 53 would start on another team but then back out, and say “ i said Arguable”
    ....... a coward who can’t back up his loud mouth?
    your starting QB is case keenum.....of course it's arguable. how about i bet you geno smith starts a game in Denver before he does in LA.......betting on pre-season performances is for idiots, plain and simple.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    ben and rivers are arguable but eli is clearly the worst of the three and i don't think it's even close.



    eli got hot at the right time, just like multiple other mediocre QB's have done like the one's i mentioned previously. also, you make the argument that dan marino is better because he at least got his team to a SB while the other guys won the SB.....your argument is full of holes.

    no i don't think rivers is as good as marino was and guess what? it isn't simply because marino got one game farther than rivers has, that would be idiotic.

    maybe try actually judging players by.....you know? how well they play at their position? i know, it just makes too much damn sense!
    Baphs grades QBs all time by PFF.......

    Cute stats Baphs, these are the stats QBs are judged by:
    Brady (goat) 27-10 Postseason record
    Montana 16-7 postseason record
    Elway 14-7 postseason record
    Eli postseason record 8-4, 2 Rings
    Big Ben 13-8 postseason record, 2 rings
    Rivers 4-5 postseason record, 0 rings

    *Note: Rivers player with HOF’s Tomlinson, and Gates, and the most well rounded roster in 2016& 2017 ..........still no rings.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 04-16-2018 at 09:12 AM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    27,300
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Baphs grades QBs all time by PFF.......

    Cute stats Baphs, these are the stats QBs are judged by:
    Brady (goat) 27-10 Postseason record
    Montana 16-7 postseason record
    Elway 14-7 postseason record
    Eli postseason record 8-4, 2 Rings
    Big Ben 13-8 postseason record, 2 rings
    Rivers 4-5 postseason record, 0 rings

    *Note: Rivers player with HOF’s Tomlinson, and Gates, and the most well rounded roster in 2016& 2017 ..........still no rings.
    hilarious you didn't put peyton manning in that group who is easily top 3 all time even with the playoff choking, but you did put eli manning in there who has been mediocre his entire career and always inferior to his brother? good job!

    you are desperately trying to justify your idiotic logic of judging players and it's fun to watch you stumble all over your stupid opinions.

    here's a pro tip for ya since you clearly are not aware of this........the vast majority of people actually judge QB's based on winning and performance at their position, i know crazy, huh?

    positional players are not typically judged by winning, not even partially.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,147
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    hilarious you didn't put peyton manning in that group who is easily top 3 all time even with the playoff choking, but you did put eli manning in there who has been mediocre his entire career and always inferior to his brother? good job!

    you are desperately trying to justify your idiotic logic of judging players and it's fun to watch you stumble all over your stupid opinions.

    here's a pro tip for ya since you clearly are not aware of this........the vast majority of people actually judge QB's based on winning and performance at their position, i know crazy, huh?

    positional players are not typically judged by winning, not even partially.

    a lot of qbs can put up decent stats, with the right team behind him win games, a lot of qbs put up a lot of stats in losing games also

    but as we see in 2015 -2016 without a solid team around rivers he cant will a team to win
    some people look a signature wins, the Drive comes to mind, where's rivers signature win

    others can put all the qbs with decent stats and regular season wins
    in a pot and select those that have success in the post, sure manning is your sticking point, but I see manning like I see Elway early

    a great qb, willing somewhat under talented teams ( with manning defense and oline) to win games and get to the post where the wins are a lot harder...as rivers is aware of
    where they meet teams better equipped to beat them...it happens

    but they did win titles...rivers? he has probably had seasons with more offensively talented teams backed by better defensive teams than both Elway and manning had in some of their seasons....and still never sniffed a title 2010 ring a bell

    many ways to see a qb for what he is or was and the best way is to look at the team around them first

    marino was one of the greatest...but never had that complete team...rivers has

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    hilarious you didn't put peyton manning in that group who is easily top 3 all time even with the playoff choking, but you did put eli manning in there who has been mediocre his entire career and always inferior to his brother? good job!

    you are desperately trying to justify your idiotic logic of judging players and it's fun to watch you stumble all over your stupid opinions.

    here's a pro tip for ya since you clearly are not aware of this........the vast majority of people actually judge QB's based on winning and performance at their position, i know crazy, huh?

    positional players are not typically judged by winning, not even partially.
    Peyton is great but i put the three best to ever do it and the 3 who were drafted in 2004. If i put every Qb who is in front of Rivers I’d still be writing!
    Your boy is a dud.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,147
    remember when bap kept trolling his belief that Manning just fell helplessly into our laps, and Elway had nothing to do with it

    https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...enver-broncos/

    “I always thought [Denver] had a great atmosphere, great fan support,” Manning said before being inducted into the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame on Wednesday evening “And that had a lot to do with my considering — and choosing — Denver when I became available.
    “I said, ‘It seems like it would be a fun place to play.’ Of course, John Elway [also] played a huge role in bringing me here and [it was] one of the best decisions I ever made.”


  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dinner Table, Hungry
    Posts
    1,739
    Are you guys still picking on Baphs?

    Poor lil guy, be nice BCMB,

    How's mom doing Baphs? What'd she make you for breakfast today? Remember to throw those old towels out of your room, put em in the laundry hamper so she can wash em for ya. It embarrasses her when company asks, "what's that smell?"

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,394
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    drew brees was in the league 3 years and was terrible. the chargers would have traded rivers had brees not gotten hurt on his throwing shoulder. same reason the broncos didn't even try to sign brees and instead wasted their 11th overall pick on cutler instead.

    it will be funny what you guys have to say about it if elway drafts a QB 5th overall

    yes i know you think stan the man is better because he took them to the SB, that's literally the only way you know how to judge players.

    you also think QB's like trent dilfer are better than dan marino and dan fouts as well since he won a SB and they didn't.

    i often ask myself why i feed your idiocy all the time.....bored i guess.
    LOL! Don't really matter what YOU or I really THINK will happen this year, no AFC West team will really amount to much this season anyway. Elway can draft any position at all, they need help EVERYWHERE! That being said there isn't a franchise QB in this years draft anyway!

    To me, the Penn State Running back Barkley is the best Offensive player in the draft, who will likely go 7th to Tampa. OR, Chubb the best Defensive player in the draft. The BIGGEST need for Denver, the Oline, Nelson outta Notre Dame at Guard. Cannot go wrong with any three, and likely Elway will draft one of the three.

    Hate Elway all you want. That aint nothing new from haters like you. HELL!! Even our OWN FANS are bashing him the last 2 years, since we won the! Deny it all you want, NEVER would have won the FIRST TWO without him, and wouldn't have won the third without Elway either. That is fact. Always have been. Always will be!

    As for me, NO, I am not that STUPID to think Dilfer is better than Marino OR Fouts, just because he won a Super Bowl! Hell DENVER won the last one with a qb who was a SHELL of himself on the strength of a GREAT Defense, good running game, and good coaching. WHO was responsible for brining all these elements here??? The FRIGGIN NFL FAIRY??? NO! It was Elway.

    I am willing to bet, anything and EVERYTHING, with Elway guiding this ship, that the Denver Broncos will return to the SUPER BOWL again!

    The San, I mean LA Charred Girls??









    don't hold yer breath
    oh YEAH?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •