Von restructures contract, what do they do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SaltySnipes
    Bench Warmer
    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i'd like another Nt. i am not sold on peko long term. he is obviously a short term bandaid with his age. and i am not sure kerr will be the answer either.
    Agreed - Kerr was always hurt. Vita would be an awesome pick up too if we traded back

Comment

• broncos SB2010
      All-Time Great
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
      Actually, according to Renck, it was even more than 50 million. But, no matter. Also, Jackson was seeking 75 million over 5 years and ended up signing for 85 million over 6 years. That's huge money. Could we have afforded him and Miller? Is he worth that kind of contract? The fact of the matter is it would have been very hard to keep every member of our SB 50 defense.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...on-per-season/
      They could have if they had signed Jackson instead of Wolfe.
      sigpic

Comment

• JayJack
        Captain
        • Mar 2008

Actually, according to Renck, it was even more than 50 million. But, no matter. Also, Jackson was seeking 75 million over 5 years and ended up signing for 85 million over 6 years. That's huge money. Could we have afforded him and Miller? Is he worth that kind of contract? The fact of the matter is it would have been very hard to keep every member of our SB 50 defense.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...on-per-season/
        According to a radio interview Jackson did here in Jacksonville, he said that he would've re-signed with Denver for 5yrs $40 mil if Denver would've offer him a contract early....but when his contract year came and it got closer to free agency, he wanted to see what was out there. He said that he never visited Jacksonville and that they came out the gate aggressive. He felt that Elway could've got him and Brock at a very reasonable price if they were extended early.
        sigpic

Comment

• gerontion
          Playmaker
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          They could have if they had signed Jackson instead of Wolfe.
          Jackson's average per year is about 14 million. Wolfe's is about 9 million. Is Jackson that much better of a player?

Comment

• -Rod-
            #TeamBroncos
            • Mar 2008

Jackson's average per year is about 14 million. Wolfe's is about 9 million. Is Jackson that much better of a player?
            Wolfe is a rock against the run, while Jackson is a little more explosive in the pass rush. They were comparable players with similar production until this past season when Wolfe only got 2.0 sacks and Jackson got 8.0 sacks with 4 forced fumbles. Jackson is healthy entering his prime, while Wolfe is dealing with neck problems that probably won't go away.
            sigpic

Comment

• broncos SB2010
              All-Time Great
              • Apr 2008

Yes. yes he is. For one, he hasn't been injured and missed a ton of games and then Jackson is a far more disruptive player.
              sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                Yes. yes he is. For one, he hasn't been injured and missed a ton of games and then Jackson is a far more disruptive player.
                I was one that thought we could do without Malik. I was wrong. He's a big guy that destroys the pocket. That is huge for our edge rushers (I know you know this, just adding to your thoughts) Obviously if the pocket is gone, the QB has no where to step up into and then Von is dancing.
                sigpic

Comment

• montee2ball
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Apr 2014

Without question. If they kept Jackson, who is going into his prime, signed Calais Campbell who wanted to be here to go along with Von Miller, damn what could have been.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                    Without question. If they kept Jackson, who is going into his prime, signed Calais Campbell who wanted to be here to go along with Von Miller, damn what could have been.
                    Oh if not for that pesky salary cap! Details, details.....

Comment

• Murph2432
                      Playmaker
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                      If only Peyton Manning didn’t get old.

Comment

• gerontion
                        Playmaker
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                        Wolfe is a rock against the run, while Jackson is a little more explosive in the pass rush. They were comparable players with similar production until this past season when Wolfe only got 2.0 sacks and Jackson got 8.0 sacks with 4 forced fumbles. Jackson is healthy entering his prime, while Wolfe is dealing with neck problems that probably won't go away.
                        That's fair. I think it's also fair to say that Wolfe was a bit more accomplished than Jackson when both signed new contracts. He had more sacks at the time and more starts.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                          Hall of Famer
                          • Apr 2009

3 years later you guys are still whining about Jackson. He's gone and ain't coming back, time to move on....

Comment

• JayJack
                            Captain
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            3 years later you guys are still whining about Jackson. He's gone and ain't coming back, time to move on....
                            Maybe he'll be back via trade? The RADIO people here in Jacksonville are talking about Jackson, Dareus or Campbell being released next year in order to pay Ngakoue, Jack and Ramsey.
                            sigpic

Comment

• dgobronco
                              Captain
                              • Jan 2010

Even if Malik did come back at some point, he'll have more miles on the treads. I do think we need an interior player who can disrupt the pocket. The dropoff in our pass rush since Malik left has been steep. It hasn't helped that Wolfe has been injured and now Gotsis is uncertain, but the need remains. I think it's the single biggest move we could make (draft or FA) to improve the defense because it benefits Von and Ray/Shaq, the LB's, and the secondary.

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                                All-Time Great
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                I was one that thought we could do without Malik. I was wrong. He's a big guy that destroys the pocket. That is huge for our edge rushers (I know you know this, just adding to your thoughts) Obviously if the pocket is gone, the QB has no where to step up into and then Von is dancing.
                                agreed. I like Breeland Speaks in the draft for DE.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X