Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    Quick observation, but I think the biggest winner of this trade is Cleveland. In my opinion, this almost guarantees they'll get their QB of choice at #1 AND Barkley at #4.
    I don't think they take Barkley even if he's there at #4.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    Quick observation, but I think the biggest winner of this trade is Cleveland. In my opinion, this almost guarantees they'll get their QB of choice at #1 AND Barkley at #4.
    I donít understand why you sign Hyde if you are planning to get Barkley. Hyde is a very good back that is also a receiving threat. Plus I read somewhere that Browns GM is not big on drafting RB early in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I don't think they take Barkley even if he's there at #4.
    I think Denverís biggest threat to Barkley is the Giants

The value of the pick remains the same. Teams don't change the value chart because of movement. If 4 qbs go first, 5 still holds the power of 5. Nice discussions on it tho, been good reading in here considering the Lack of action.

We gave up 52 sacks last season let that sink in for a minute. Now we have our starting QB who needs protection, not hard to figure out our top priority.Take the best OL guy in the draft.

Trade the pick if you have to and still get our guy

Fitzpatrick is my wish, the OL is 1 year more experienced. I fear more drop-off from Stewart than I do from any returning RT.

I fear coverage from returning backers to not have speedy instinctual safeties behind them. Our division has speed all around it. If we stay slow, we will get roasted in the medium passing game.

Against KC we need speed everywhere. Oak and SD will run.

If the Giants take Barkley, the odds become pretty high that the Browns will look to trade back. If we want Mayfield or Rosen, we may need to trade up 1 spot to prevent the Bills or Cards from jumping in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    The value of the pick remains the same. Teams don't change the value chart because of movement. If 4 qbs go first, 5 still holds the power of 5. Nice discussions on it tho, been good reading in here considering the Lack of action.
    No one changes the value chart but it only means so much because if you went by the value chart on the Jets trade they got screwed on this trade.

Colts pick is worth 2200 points
    Jets 1st pick is worth 1600 and their 2nd is worth 520

Jets gave an additional two 2nds. Letís just assume Jets win the SB those years. Those seconds are worth 270 points each. So their total in 2nd round picks is 1,060. They just gave them 460 more points and thatís assuming they have the last pick in the 2nd round( which they wonít). So if one QB is left at 5 and a couple teams try to go after it that value of 5 changes and the value chart doesnít mean too much.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Fitzpatrick is my wish, the OL is 1 year more experienced. I fear more drop-off from Stewart than I do from any returning RT.
    You fear a drop off in Stew over a clearing need? A position where our RT even said on the field he sucks. Trevorís injuries came from our RT not blocking their guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    No one changes the value chart but it only means so much because if you went by the value chart on the Jets trade they got screwed on this trade.

Jets gave an additional two 2nds. Letís just assume Jets win the SB those years. Those seconds are worth 270 points each. So their total in 2nd round picks is 1,060. They just gave them 460 more points and thatís assuming they have the last pick in the 2nd round( which they wonít). So if one QB is left at 5 and a couple teams try to go after it that value of 5 changes and the value chart doesnít mean too much.
    I just saw Jet have two 2nds this year. So that 460 is even higher.

Exactly. It also helps our management to wait and see how it plays out. We may have had a deal to go to 1. And its possible that fell through and we get John's guy at 5 anyway. Early movement could save us from ourselves. Glass has to be half full.

You fear a drop off in Stew over a clearing need? A position where our RT even said on the field he sucks. Trevorís injuries came from our RT not blocking their guy.
    I saw statistically our OL matched the Vikings. We had the worst qb under pressure and they had one of the best. I have more faith in the Qb reading a pass rush better, aligning his line better, and calming them down. Stewart fell off last year. Not sure if he slowed too much or whether it was having to cover Davis off. Bit of both.

I really hoped we had the Cravens deal done so I could push for Nelson. I like McGovern and Leary, Bolles was fine, Paradis is gtg, and RT has 3 returning players who played last year and Knappe I hope develops into the starter. We need to get better, but not sure it really needs addressing.