Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    However, the Chargers and Raiders will impose the run. We better be stout up front. No more Miller goes wide every down. 8 In the box, watch out deep. The Chiefs will be all out attack, so we need speed on the back end. Can't stack the box we will need a nickel base. If we don't shore up MLB we are done. If we don't find depth at S we are done. We can best Gruden Reid and Lynn. They've done nothing major on D at all. We are going to remember who we are. Last year we underperformed, this year brings real potential to be much better. Just need ball hawks.
    That's the best general analysis I've read - at least on the optimistic side. I can't wait for the real games to see how this movie goes. I think our great D has 2 years to get us back to the SB. After that we'll have to rebuild - but that's OK.
    My fear is we wind up in the cellar this year and that causes us to bash everyone involved instead of being realistic about our players (and coaches). We absolutely need 2 killer drafts in a row. So, I've got my fingers crossed.
    This year could be painful as I've got a new neighbor who's a Chiefs fan. Really getting tired of hearing about Kareem Hunt...

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,166
    I'm going all "Jim Fassel" here!!!


    You got a laser, put it on my chest, I'll take full responsibility, I'm raising the stakes right now, if this is a poker game, I am shoving my chips to the middle of the table, I' m raising the ante, anybody wants in, get in, if anybody wants out, get out. Ok, this team is going to the Playoff.


  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    354
    Has anyone even done anything in the AFC West done anything besides us? Seems like the Cheifs have gotten worse unless Mahomes or whatever his name is balls out. Their defense got worse with releasing Peters. I haven't noticed the Chargers do much and the Raiders releasing King was a dumb move. I think we should easily be at least #2 below the Chargers this upcoming season. As long as they evade injuries they can be a strong team with that pass rush/their offense is always strong

    We buffed up our oline a little, got a better punter that can help field advantage, and a safety that can cover TE/RB's will vastly help our D. We have a QB that can actually go through progressions and find open receivers.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotst View Post
    Has anyone even done anything in the AFC West done anything besides us? Seems like the Cheifs have gotten worse unless Mahomes or whatever his name is balls out. Their defense got worse with releasing Peters. I haven't noticed the Chargers do much and the Raiders releasing King was a dumb move. I think we should easily be at least #2 below the Chargers this upcoming season. As long as they evade injuries they can be a strong team with that pass rush/their offense is always strong

    We buffed up our oline a little, got a better punter that can help field advantage, and a safety that can cover TE/RB's will vastly help our D. We have a QB that can actually go through progressions and find open receivers.
    The Chiefs still have a playoff caliber team minus Alex Smith. Patrick Mahomes is the wildcard - how well will he play over an entire season?

    I think the Raiders will bounce back with Gruden coaching. If Carr stays healthy I think the Raiders will compete to win the AFC West.

    The Chargers have improved but struggle with consistency. They seem to lose some close games. If Rivers has a strong season without too many INTs the Chargers could have a good season.

    I think the Broncos have improved the roster with Keenum and the other free agents. If some of last yearís draft class contributes (Walker, Henderson, etc.) and add talent in the upcoming draft, the Broncos might bounce back.

    Iím optimistic however we donít know how things will play out.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    354
    Chiefs fell apart last year. Take Alex Smith out of the equation along with Peters and theyre going to have growing pains for sure

    The raiders defense still sucks. They may bounce back

    Hopefully we fixed our problem with covering tight ends.
    We have a better QB.
    Still have good wide receivers.
    Hopefully Butt is a good TE.
    Our oline got upgraded a little.
    Still have good RBs.

    We filled a lot of our holes i believe

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,216
    Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    Im probably one of the only person here. But I absolutely do not want Elway to draft another qb. If we get another VM type player I will be happy.
    I wouldnt draft Allen, if Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold somehow flipped, i'd hand in the card right away.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,216
    Looking at some of the needs that needed to be filled.

    - Inside rush was a concern, added McDonald, and Walker will play more this year. And Harris showed some promise with his pass rush. Still the draft there as well. But i wouldnt anticipate a high pick on the DL.
    - Cravens replacing Parks in nickel, Parks was beaten alot by TE's/RB's, that's Cravens specialty, and i'd imagine they draft a LB by around the 3rd round.
    - OL is already better by replacing Watson, Garcia with McGovern and Veldheer. I dont want him because it's a waste of draft resources but Nelson would solidify the OL.
    - QB. Getting rid of Brock, Trevor and getting Keenum is a major upgrade. Not having the defense on the field all game or have them start in terrible FP because of 2+ INT's a game is a major win. Dont think people realize how bad the QB situation was last year. Yes VJ is bad whatever, but it's impossible to win with awful QB play.
    - Still need a CB to replace Talib, but i'd imagine they take one in the first 3 rounds. Brock barely played last year, and the year before he was excellent but still need another guy there.
    - I didnt know if they would look to do it, but adding King is a huge deal. Everytime Denver played Oakland, it seemed King pinned Denver inside the 5-10. Field position is a hugely underrated aspect of winning football games. It's why the Patriots are successful, they win the FP game. On kickoffs, their kicker kicks it 80-85 percent where it's returned at the 5 and and they dont start at the 25 every game.

    Looking inside the division.

    - Raiders added a bunch of older players, lost King, and Nelson for Crabtree isnt much of an upgrade. Not sure how much better they got honestly.
    - Chiefs gutted their defense, losing Derrick Johnson, Hali, Peters, Logan, and lost Fulton on the OL. Added Hitchens, and Watkins. Depends how Mahomes plays, but wouldnt say they're drastically better.
    - Chargers are the team to look out for, get Verrett back, and after their 1-4 start they finished the year 8-3 and if they got in the playoffs, they would have been an extremely tough team to deal with.

    We'll see what the draft holds but i could see the division go 1-4 in any direction.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    846
    I kinda hope we wind up in the basement. First, we need another draft, and second, I just don't like our coaching staff. We need a redo and another bad season would make VJs exit a must.
    However, if some magic happens with Keenum (his college stats are astonishing) then I will cheer my lungs out. He may even make VJ look like a genius. If he does I will officially rescind my basement prediction.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    24,861
    Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    I hate to be a Debbie Downer. I just got some new Broncos gear for cheap. Yet, I do not see any pieces filled unless we have a phenomenal draft. I still think VJ was bad to keep around and now we have to rely on the Draft. If we can stay healthy we might be in the mix but all the other teams in our division are making major moves and we go a cb who i dont trust and a qb that can be benched. Just my 2 cents what does everybody else think?

    Its just my opinion and any logical explanations I will respond to.
    I know this was written before several things went down, but lets look closer. What were our biggest issues last year? O-line and special "education" teams... Our special teams unit was so bad last year, their mascot was a short bus.

    This year we have a much better special teams coach. We were almost last in the league in average starting position of our opponents. To address this, we grabbed Marquette King. The Raiders were 3rd in the league at average starting position because of King's punting.

    The o-line instantly improves by getting Case Keenum due to his ability to escape pressure. The Vikings o-line was no better than ours was, but thanks to Keenum's scrambling abilities, they still gave up very few sacks. On top of that, we have added a few additional pieces to improve this weakness and I promise you we'll draft 1-2 linemen in the draft.

    Honestly, I have us winning between 10-12 games this year and likely making the playoffs.


  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    I kinda hope we wind up in the basement. First, we need another draft, and second, I just don't like our coaching staff. We need a redo and another bad season would make VJs exit a must.
    However, if some magic happens with Keenum (his college stats are astonishing) then I will cheer my lungs out. He may even make VJ look like a genius. If he does I will officially rescind my basement prediction.
    just......no

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I know this was written before several things went down, but lets look closer. What were our biggest issues last year? O-line and special "education" teams... Our special teams unit was so bad last year, their mascot was a short bus.

    This year we have a much better special teams coach. We were almost last in the league in average starting position of our opponents. To address this, we grabbed Marquette King. The Raiders were 3rd in the league at average starting position because of King's punting.

    The o-line instantly improves by getting Case Keenum due to his ability to escape pressure. The Vikings o-line was no better than ours was, but thanks to Keenum's scrambling abilities, they still gave up very few sacks. On top of that, we have added a few additional pieces to improve this weakness and I promise you we'll draft 1-2 linemen in the draft.

    Honestly, I have us winning between 10-12 games this year and likely making the playoffs.
    I am gonna have to watch some tape again on Keenum. People are Salty in DC that I talked to today about losing Cousins. I dont think he will live up to his contract. Only two people i have faith in on this team is CHJ and Von. Everybody else is in a wild card spot in my books.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •