Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    He was versatile in college, not sure how much itíll translate for him at the next level though. His hips looked stiff when I watched him play and they looked stiff at the combine. His straight line speed is good enough to mitigate that at safety but you canít put him in the slot and expect him to cover WRs like you can with Fitzpatrick. He could possibly come down and play LB in some sub situations though. Overall I wouldnít take him at 5 though, physically heís very good but I think mentally heís not quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Could you imagine if Elway got Suh and drafted Chubb.
    I thought there would be some interest because Vance Joseph coached, there is some cap room and Elway tried to get Calais Campbell last year. So far, nothing, not even a report from the Denver media indicating the Broncos have reached out to Suh.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

The Cravens deal is not dead yet...Iíd rather use one of our extra 3rd rd picks (compensatory preferably) to get a similar talent rather than waste overall pick #5.

Thx,
    Joe

From what i understand about him he physically is a freak (Kam Chancellor but faster), but his football IQ isn't over the top, relies on his athletic ability at this point.
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    From what i understand about him he physically is a freak (Kam Chancellor but faster), but his football IQ isn't over the top, relies on his athletic ability at this point.
    he also doesn't have the size that kam does he is about 15-20 pounds lighter and yes faster, he would still have to play the kam role. it would be his best place, but the bold scares me

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    he also doesn't have the size that kam does he is about 15-20 pounds lighter and yes faster, he would still have to play the kam role. it would be his best place, but the bold scares me
    He won't have a problem adding 10 to 15 lbs to his frame. Ray Lewis was 225 when he was drafted and retired around 255.
    Look at Justin Simmons he has probably added 10 to 15 lbs since he came in the league.
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    He won't have a problem adding 10 to 15 lbs to his frame. Ray Lewis was 225 when he was drafted and retired around 255.
    Look at Justin Simmons he has probably added 10 to 15 lbs since he came in the league.
    can he add 10-15 pounds and keep that burst that makes him special or 215 his ideal weight. which it could be. thats the real question.

i still feel at 215 he can be an inforcer in the box

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Iíd rather take a pro bowler of a stronger need than a pro bowler of a lesser need..

I don't want to take him, but if we had to take a DB, I would take Ward, Derwin James then Fitz. In that order. I see Ward and James as overall better players for their positions. I get it that Fitz could be a Jack of All trades DB, but that is not something you take at 5 unless he excels tremendously at one of them like "Mack" or "Ramsey." Then sure...but Fitz is a fringe top 10-15 pick. See title game for example. He was basically invisible.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    can he add 10-15 pounds and keep that burst that makes him special or 215 his ideal weight. which it could be. thats the real question.

i still feel at 215 he can be an inforcer in the box
    I agree he is fine at 215, i just think once he is in an nfl strength and conditioning program he will naturally add 10 lbs and be very similar to Kam. He could also be a S/LB hybrid like Suía Cravens.

Florida St Derwin James (top 15) vs. Virginia Tech Terrell Edmunds (round 3)

Florida St Derwin James (top 15) vs. Virginia Tech Terrell Edmunds (round 3)

Derwin James
    6-2 215 4.47, 2.59, 1.55 Bench: 21 Vert: 40 Broad: 11'00

"James missed almost all of the 2016 season with a lateral meniscus tear in his left knee, showing rust upon his return in 2017." -draftscout

Terrell Edmunds
    6-0 217 4.47, 2.64, 1.58 Bench: N/A Vert: 40 1/2 Broad: 11'02

"Before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery...moved from rover to safety... second-most on the team behind his brother, Tremaine." -draftscout

I would rather Denver draft S Terrell Edmunds in R3 than S Derwin James in R1.

I just wouldn't ever draft a safety in the top 5. Or a RB. Neither has enough effect on winning/losing. If I draft a DB at 5, it's definitely a corner who I think can be All Pro. I don't want versatility to play corner or safety. I want a shutdown guy outside.

I havent seen edmunds last until round 3 in any of the mocks ive seen. Lately ive been seeing him go round 1.

Ive seen him as high as 7 or 8 but usually around 15. Ive also seen mocks where we take him with 12 after trading with the bills. However i dont give any those any validity as they only trade the 12 to us and not the 22 as well
    Last edited by armedequation; 03-21-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    I just wouldn't ever draft a safety in the top 5. Or a RB. Neither has enough effect on winning/losing. If I draft a DB at 5, it's definitely a corner who I think can be All Pro. I don't want versatility to play corner or safety. I want a shutdown guy outside.
    A S will always impact a game more than a CB. You can avoid a CB, more so now than ever. You canít really avoid a S. And it doesnít matter what you have at CB if your S is back there getting manipulated by the QB. People love to say Champ didnít get as many INTs because QBs avoided him. There was a 2 or 3 season stretch where that was true and those were his best seasons in terms of INTs. Champ didnít get as many INTs as he should have because he had some terrible coverage safeties behind him.

I'm all in on any player at the top of the draft except Nelson. I would be super excited to draft James.