Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    They want two first round picks anyway. So I absolutely want nothing to do with that clown show.

No thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    It's not just about trading. OBJ stated he won't play unless he gets paid BIG. Broncos can't even remotely afford him. The reason it hasn't been discussed is that it isn't realistic, unfortunately.
    Not really,

Football is a team sport...

A guy with OBJ's record is all talent and potential...

If you want to demand top man money like Von did... you have got have done top man stuff... I know OBJ is one of the best- but I think he's more of a side show than a champion. The league pays big, but it prefers to pay big for top tier. What OBJ has in between his helmet means he'll never been a champ... He's one of the most talented receivers to ever play, but I would wager good money he never hits the HOF. With the money he's going to command, no ring either.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    Stop it.. they DID NOT get rid of Talib for "huge attitude concerns".. they traded Talib for one reason and one reason only.. MONEY. He's one of the most respected guys in the locker room and he was a captain.
    Thank you.

Agreed.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr.
    2018 $8.5M / 26 years old
    The final year of his contract.

If I were Elway and Co., I would offer the following to NYG for Beckham Jr.:

WR Demaryius Thomas
    2018 $12M / 31 years old
    2019 $17.5M / 32 years old
    NYG must assume DT's total cap including associated dead money.

DEN: Beckham, Jr.
    NYG: Thomas + dead money

or
    DEN: NYG's R2 #34 overall

Basically, D. Thomas and his salary; GONE.
    After all, if some fans are considering Beckham, Jr. in Denver then what does that say about Thomas' value overall in Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    WR Odell Beckham, Jr.
    2018 $8.5M / 26 years old
    The final year of his contract.

If I were Elway and Co., I would offer the following to NYG for Beckham Jr.:

WR Demaryius Thomas
    2018 $12M / 31 years old
    2019 $17.5M / 32 years old
    NYG must assume DT's total cap including associated dead money.

DEN: Beckham, Jr.

or
    DEN: NYG's R2 #34 overall

Basically, D. Thomas and his salary; GONE.
    After all, if some fans are considering Beckham, Jr. in Denver then what does that say about Thomas' value overall in Denver?
    Dead cap money can't be assumed, it's for a signing bonus already paid, which means the original team keeps that hit. the only way to get out from it is to actually recollect the money back from the player, but that's only after an early retirement.

Denver is likely to move on from Thomas next year, saving $14 million in cap space, if they were to trade for Beckham they would need to extend him, franchise him or let him walk away after this season. He's said he won't sign for anything less than $20 million per season, so extending him would be difficult. The franchise number for a WR was just under $16 million this year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ould-want-obj/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...of-cap-number/

Money issues are one of a few reasons to stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Dead cap money can't be assumed, it's for a signing bonus already paid, which means the original team keeps that hit. the only way to get out from it is to actually recollect the money back from the player, but that's only after an early retirement.

Denver is likely to move on from Thomas next year, saving $14 million in cap space, if they were to trade for Beckham they would need to extend him, franchise him or let him walk away after this season. He's said he won't sign for anything less than $20 million per season, so extending him would be difficult. The franchise number for a WR was just under $16 million this year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ould-want-obj/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...of-cap-number/

Money issues are one of a few reasons to stay away.
    Thanks for the info.

I was under the assumption the Giants could assume WR Thomas' contract the same way the Cleveland Browns assumed Osweiler's contract from Houston, essentially for their 2018 R2 pick.

That trade:
    CLE received: Osweiler contract (later cut) + HOU's 2018 R2 pick
    HOU received: CLE's 2018 R4 pick + salary-cap relief from getting rid of Osweiler's contract.

Apparently, I do not understand that trade at all (it happens, lol)
    and NFL contracts are more complicated than I thought.

Either way, I do not think Beckham, Jr. is coming to Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I was under the assumption the Giants could assume WR Thomas' contract the same way the Cleveland Browns assumed Osweiler's contract from Houston, essentially for their 2018 R2 pick.

That trade:
    CLE received: Osweiler contract (later cut) + HOU's 2018 R2 pick
    HOU received: CLE's 2018 R4 pick + salary-cap relief from getting rid of Osweiler's contract.

Apparently, I do not understand that trade at all (it happens, lol)
    and NFL contracts are more complicated than I thought.

Either way, I do not think Beckham, Jr. is coming to Denver.
    The difference between the two was future guarantees. The Osweiler contract had fully guaranteed salaries, which are assumed by the club trading for the contract. With Thomas it's differed signing bonus, and paid roster bonus (just happened) so it's already been paid by the Broncos and stays with them. Of note, the Texans still took a big cap hit last year in trading Osweiler, it was just much less because it was the signing bonus.