Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I would trade Vance Joseph for him!
    Vance Joseph is like an NBA salary dump, we'd have to give a draft pick for someone to take him.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    We do not have the cap space for OBJ, though having him and DT outside with Sanders in the slot or combinations thereof sounds like a dream. Of course, as mentioned, he tends to dance to his own beat... can't imagine him on the sidelines when a questionable coaching decision is made or another on-field fight with a DB. Not really a distraction we need.
    He would be a HUGE addition to the Broncos. And I believe that the New York atmosphere is a big contributor to some of his perceived "issues". But the fact is we simply can't afford him without making a lot of Cap room. AND, when John Elway was asked which positions have the most depth in the upcoming Draft, his answer was DBs, WRs, and RBs, in that order. This team needs help at wide receiver, and we can find that for cheap in the Draft.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    When a team is willing to trade a star offensive player when their quarterback is near the end of his career and is often unspectacular, that might be a sign to stay away from that player.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Am I crazy for thinking OBJ isnít worth a mid round 1st? I have heard the giants are demanding atleast 2 first round picks. With his off the field issues, on the field tantrums, and 17+ million salary thatís coming.. I think any team paying more then a 2nd would be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Am I crazy for thinking OBJ isnít worth a mid round 1st? I have heard the giants are demanding atleast 2 first round picks. With his off the field issues, on the field tantrums, and 17+ million salary thatís coming.. I think any team paying more then a 2nd would be crazy.
    What's the old saying, something like:

They can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one fills first

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    He's like Talib, but at least twice as bad with attitude, and almost as expensive. Considering this FO just got rid of Talib for huge attitude concerns and to free up cap space, they're not about to take on another expensive and poor character risk.
    Stop it.. they DID NOT get rid of Talib for "huge attitude concerns".. they traded Talib for one reason and one reason only.. MONEY. He's one of the most respected guys in the locker room and he was a captain.

The Giants want 2 first round picks (this year and next) plus another pick or two.. it's safe to say they value him A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    Stop it.. they DID NOT get rid of Talib for "huge attitude concerns".. they traded Talib for one reason and one reason only.. MONEY. He's one of the most respected guys in the locker room and he was a captain.
    Elway stated in the beginning of the year players with attitudes were going to be leaving the team. Who's off the team? You really think Elway was referring to Siemian or Cody Latimer?
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

The Giants want 2 first round picks (this year and next) plus another pick or two.. it's safe to say they value him A LOT.
    That would be insane if they traded him and traded back from 2
    Glen Haven Fire

I would not trade for him what so ever !

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Elway stated in the beginning of the year players with attitudes were going to be leaving the team. Who's off the team? You really think Elway was referring to Siemian or Cody Latimer?
    I didn't hear that but I'm 1000% sure if Talib had a more palatable cap number, he'd be on the team. The simple fact is, we couldn't pay 3 corners a total of $27M and improve other positions.

I didn't hear that but I'm 1000% sure if Talib had a more palatable cap number, he'd be on the team. The simple fact is, we couldn't pay 3 corners a total of $27M and improve other positions.
    I think his cap space helped with the decision. He's also aging and its hard to justify holding onto an aging CB when you give the 2nd most red zone TDs. But if the reports of him openly complaining about the TJ Ward move are true I don't think its much of a stretch, especially when Elway himself says there were bad personalities, that prompted the trade.

Obj

I haven't seen a thread on this yet, is there any chance that the number 5 pick could get the Broncos, OBJ? And could we even afford to fit him under the cap? It would be a three headed receiving monster for sure, Keenum would have some awesome numbers! Damn dreams!!!!!!

It's not just about trading. OBJ stated he won't play unless he gets paid BIG. Broncos can't even remotely afford him. The reason it hasn't been discussed is that it isn't realistic, unfortunately.

Somebody will probably point you here. https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...ell-Beckham-Jr

When OBJ is focused on team competition and not me, me, me, he is an incredible talent that would make any NFL QB look better.