Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sounds like a round 2/3 coverage ILB - Options ?

Mike Klis - Joseph said he hoped to take an inside linebacker in the draft, specifically to fill Corey Nelson’s third-down, cover role. And that position may come within the first three or four rounds.

“We’ve drafted lower-round guys and (signed) free agents more often at inside backer but we have a chance to draft a guy maybe higher. That’s going to be fun to watch Reggie coach.”

I don't see any worth taking at 5 or 40, and I can't see us leaving it too long so my guess is we grab one in round 3 or 4. Presuming we don't trade who are the options (keeping in mind we are looking for a coverage LB)....... (There is always a chance of trading for Cravens but at the moment that doesn't look like happening) -

Round 3

Darius Leonard

NFL Comparison - Wesley Woodyard

BOTTOM LINE Long and twitchy with athletic ability and straight-line speed that should light up the combine. Leonard has packed on the pounds since hitting campus, but it hasn't compromised his play speed as he has posted dominant production throughout. He lacks play strength and there are times you want to see more nasty in his field demeanor, but he has the traits and talent to become a good, three-down linebacker who can play 3-4 inside backer or 4-3 WILL.

Josey Jewell

Reads quarterback and squeezes routes from zone. Has 24 passes defensed over the last three years.

BOTTOM LINE On the borderline from a size standpoint, Jewell will have his detractors who may worry about whether he's big enough or fast enough to become a starter in the NFL. What I see on tape is a highly instinctive linebacker who combines physicality with a relentless motor to find his way into play after play. Jewell's consistent play speed and consistency as a tackle finisher could make him a future starter as an inside linebacker perfectly suited to the WILL spot in a 3-4.

Round 4

Oren Burks

Had a great combine -

BOTTOM LINE In any other decade, Burks' lack of familiarity for any position for more than a year would force him into the "tweener" stack and he would be on his way. In today's game filled with hybrid players and sub-packages, Burks' background could make him more valuable. He needs to play with more consistency in diagnosing and tackling, but his athleticism, cover talent, and ability on special teams make him a developmental prospect with decent upside.

Genard Avery of Memphis is a possibility, too. He might be available in the late 4th/early fifth around #142.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Leon Jacobs would be a good choice

Anybody think he said that to try to get Sua cravens? they offered multiple trade offers but Washington was asking more then we wanted to give. Maybe trying to lower his price? You don't hear NFL coaches say what they're going to do before the draft. You just don't see them that honest.

40 would be a good spot for whichever of the big 4 falls. My guess would be Rashaan Evans. Jack Cichy is another intriguing option, but not at 40.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    40 would be a good spot for whichever of the big 4 falls. My guess would be Rashaan Evans. Jack Cichy is another intriguing option, but not at 40.
    I doubt any of Edmunds, Smith, Evans, Boise LB'er fall.

Too many teams in need of LB'er, no particular order assuming we dont take one in round 1- Niners, Raiders, Dolphins, Cowboys, Lions, Bengals, Titans, Rams, Saints, Steelers, Pats, Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I doubt any of Edmunds, Smith, Evans, Boise LB'er fall.

Too many teams in need of LB'er, no particular order assuming we dont take one in round 1- Niners, Raiders, Dolphins, Cowboys, Lions, Bengals, Titans, Rams, Saints, Steelers, Pats, Vikings.
    I think 3 end up round 1, I can't remember the last time 4 went in the 1st, not saying it won't happen, but that it hasn't for awhile.

Lol like I said SMOKESCREEN. Figured it was just to get Cravens.

even with the cravens trade they need more depth at ILB. they still got Zarie Anderson but Marshall has been injury the past 2 years. I think they get another ILB in the 5th

Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    even with the cravens trade they need more depth at ILB. they still got Zarie Anderson but Marshall has been injury the past 2 years. I think they get another ILB in the 5th
    Plus Davis is likely a cap casualty next season and Elway usually tries to draft a replacement a year early

Van Esch should be around by the 2nd round. He's pretty good

I think with Sua...we can shut down this thread.
    New England Patriots GM

I really like Jerome Baker from osu

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I think with Sua...we can shut down this thread.
    We’re still going to draft an ILB.

Yeah i would still draft one. Guess unless someone falls and why they fall, the later rounds?
    Glen Haven Fire