Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Would You Draft Roquan Smith at #5

Would you draft LB Roquan Smith at 5.

Like his speed against the run and in coverage. Best LB in the draft. Thoughts

I wouldn't mind him as our first round pick, but I think we could move back a few spots to do so...

No, because I prefer him as an outside linebacker in a four-man front, where he will have more space to work with. I don't like him that much as an inside linebacker, having to take on blockers in the trenches.

I watched him against Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl and his performance was underwhelming. He is not a thumper against the run and, in coverage, he only has 3 pass breakups and no interceptions in his college career.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Helllllllllllllllll NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lol I don't think any LB had a good game against OU and their smoke and mirrors offense this year..

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    I wouldn't mind him as our first round pick, but I think we could move back a few spots to do so...
    I agree. I know this would be a good impact pick worth the value. We have been without a good coverage LB for a good couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I agree. I know this would be a good impact pick worth the value. We have been without a good coverage LB for a good couple of years.
    U do understand that we just traded for Cravens to do this hob?

Lol I don't think any LB had a good game against OU and their smoke and mirrors offense this year..
    Forget the smoke and mirrors and watch him in the running game taking on blockers, trying to shed blocks and tackle. I think he would look better as a weakside linebacker like Lavonte David. Also, Roquan Smith has shown very little in terms of coverage skills, which will hurt his value.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Forget the smoke and mirrors and watch him in the running game taking on blockers, trying to shed blocks and tackle. I think he would look better as a weakside linebacker like Lavonte David. Also, Roquan Smith has shown very little in terms of coverage skills, which will hurt his value.
    You're right , he gets swallowed up in the run game.

He reminds me of Ian Gold......... which would confirm your point .. weak side guy in a 4-3

You're right , he gets swallowed up in the run game.

He reminds me of Ian Gold......... which would confirm your point .. weak side guy in a 4-3
    This, if we ran it then hell yea

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Who would you say is the best coverage LB in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Who would you say is the best coverage LB in the draft?
    Among the top linebackers, I think it's Leighton Vander Esch. It's a risky evaluation because he's a 1-year wonder, but he looks fast dropping into coverage and had 4 pass breakups and 3 interceptions in 2017. If you want someone more under the radar, I'd say Darius Leonard from South Carolina State. He has 2 interceptions in each of his final 3 seasons (6 total), plus 7 pass breakups.

Quote Originally Posted by crp24lbc View Post
    Helllllllllllllllll NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    this made me laugh out loud. If you had to pick one of the 2, who would it be....Nelson or Smith? haahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    this made me laugh out loud. If you had to pick one of the 2, who would it be....Nelson or Smith? haahahahahahaha
    i think his head would exploded if he had to pick one of them.