Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Not to mention he has wheels. He will run down a tired returner who breaks 1.

This was honestly a great signing.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post

Special Teams.
    I told y'all I would come back when I thought of a name for our Denver Bronco's kicking squad...

The Rock Crushers of the Rocky Mountains.

Any of y'all have anything better?

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I read he was let go because he rubbed Gruden the wrong way.

What a great signing.

Maybe Dixon can rub Guden better and keep an NFL job.
    He's never even met Gruden, Gruden just didn't like his antics and released him. Seems like a very shortsighted move to me. But most of Gruden's moves this year have been shortsighted. I wouldn't be shocked to see them struggle badly this year. But they're stuck with him for 5 years minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He's never even met Gruden, Gruden just didn't like his antics and released him. Seems like a very shortsighted move to me. But most of Gruden's moves this year have been shortsighted. I wouldn't be shocked to see them struggle badly this year. But they're stuck with him for 5 years minimum.
    I think Gruden did that to send a message, there is a new Sheriff in town. Jimmy Johnson did the same thing when he came to Dallas and a player fell asleep. I get why he did it. And a punter has no business costing his team yards from personal fouls. While I am grateful we got him, I can certainly understand why Gruden did what he did.

IN ELWAY I TRUST

I think a lot of it had to do with the growing rift between him and the team as well. King made a tweet last year about how Crabtree quit on the team, and then posed for a pic with Talib during the pro bowl with Talib grabbing a chain from him. I can't imagine that any of that sat well with the Raiders, especially Crabtree who I believe was a team captain for them.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I think Gruden did that to send a message, there is a new Sheriff in town. Jimmy Johnson did the same thing when he came to Dallas and a player fell asleep. I get why he did it. And a punter has no business costing his team yards from personal fouls. While I am grateful we got him, I can certainly understand why Gruden did what he did.
    I think this was more of a cap space move that ended up being an easier move with the social media issues King was putting out as well as the flags. In all honesty, he only had one flag last season so it wasn't really something that couldn't be corrected. So that tells me it probably was to get the 3 million back in cap space as well as send off a player that was, by my guess, not highly liked in the locker room.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I think a lot of it had to do with the growing rift between him and the team as well. King made a tweet last year about how Crabtree quit on the team, and then posed for a pic with Talib during the pro bowl with Talib grabbing a chain from him. I can't imagine that any of that sat well with the Raiders, especially Crabtree who I believe was a team captain for them.
    I don't really believe that for a couple of reasons: 1. Crabtree was already going to be released. 2. If you're going to send messages why not start with the RB who ran out to help an opposing player in a brawl after said player laid a questionable hit on the team QB? Said RB also ushered Talib off the field, protecting him after the fight with Crabtree.

I don't really believe that for a couple of reasons: 1. Crabtree was already going to be released. 2. If you're going to send messages why not start with the RB who ran out to help an opposing player in a brawl after said player laid a questionable hit on the team QB? Said RB also ushered Talib off the field, protecting him after the fight with Crabtree.
    Because Lynch is Oakland and they have to play there for two more seasons, at least one more anyway, while needing to find a place for 2019.

I would guess that releasing King was a mix of cap space and message sending.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...of-like-a-diva

Cordarrelle Patterson defends King but acknowledged that many teammates didnít like him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...you-want-me-to

Hereís Kingís response to being cut.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...you-want-me-to

Hereís Kingís response to being cut.
    His "antics" are overstated but apparently pretty unlikable among other teammates. Awesome punter as you guys know

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    His "antics" are overstated but apparently pretty unlikable among other teammates. Awesome punter as you guys know
    This vitriol around this signing reminds me of when Bill Romanowski signed with the Raiders in 2002 or even how Richard Sherman signed with the 49's after leaving the Seahawks this year.

Leaving your old team to play with a divisional rival is always polarizing.

Still, I'm excited to see King punt for the Bronco's and especially excited to see him against the Raiders.

Ideally he would take a fake punt to the house against his old team.

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    This vitriol around this signing reminds me of when Bill Romanowski signed with the Raiders in 2002 or even how Richard Sherman signed with the 49's after leaving the Seahawks this year.

Leaving your old team to play with a divisional rival is always polarizing.

Still, I'm excited to see King punt for the Bronco's and especially excited to see him against the Raiders.

Ideally he would take a fake punt to the house against his old team.

Yeah that's true except Sherman and King didn't 'leave'...they were 'released' so fans vitriol often gets mis-placed.

If a player 'leaves' on their own free will and then went to sign with a rival team then I'd understand the vitriol by fans but when a player is 'released' (fired) by a team then all loyalty to their former team goes out the window and fans vitriol should be directed at the team that 'fired' the player and not at the player that was 'fired' by that team.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 04-14-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above