Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Kyle Sloter!
    I thought Kyle was just one guy.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I thought Kyle was just one guy.
    Only one I could think of that looked that good in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Can you list these "many players"?
    DE'Angelo Henderson. He averaged 4.6 yds, Jamaal Charles averaged 6.8 where Devontae averaged 2.9 yds

Isaiah McKenzie and his 5 fumbles, I think Jordan Taylor could or even DE'Angelo could have done better.

Kyle Sloter looked as good as any of the other QBs in the preseason, especially Lynch yet another team saw something we didn't. Wouldn't normally be a big deal but we did go down to our third string QB last year looking for help.

Maybe "many" should have been "a few"?
    In John I Trust - Drafted Starters: Bradly Chubb, Courtland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton, Royce Freeman, Phillip Lindsey possibly more???

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I still maintain that after the Buffalo game our primary goal was to tank for a high draft pick.
    How could you even think that? We were 2-1, we just hung 42 on the Cowboys and held Ezekiel to 8 yds and that was with a long run of 5 yds. I think many were thinking we were playoff bound after looking that good on both sides of the ball. The game against the Chargers we looked good, not as strong but our defense held their top rusher to 54 yds and Rivers to less than 200yds but he still got 3 TDs, Siemian got more yards and 2 TDs and our run game ran for 121yds with CJ & JC. Maybe after week 9 or 10, it was over as far as hope of having a winning season.
    In John I Trust - Drafted Starters: Bradly Chubb, Courtland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton, Royce Freeman, Phillip Lindsey possibly more???

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    How could you even think that? We were 2-1, we just hung 42 on the Cowboys and held Ezekiel to 8 yds and that was with a long run of 5 yds. I think many were thinking we were playoff bound after looking that good on both sides of the ball. The game against the Chargers we looked good, not as strong but our defense held their top rusher to 54 yds and Rivers to less than 200yds but he still got 3 TDs, Siemian got more yards and 2 TDs and our run game ran for 121yds with CJ & JC. Maybe after week 9 or 10, it was over as far as hope of having a winning season.
    You kind of just explained part of how I could think that.

If they played so good why did they lose those games?

The game that derailed the Broncos last season was week 6 against the Giants. The team was 3-1, coming out of a bye week, playing at home against the 0-5 Giants without WRs Odell Beckham, Sterling Shepard and Brandon Marshall. It became apparent that Siemian that was not good enough to play under pressure behind a deficient offensive line and he started to get shellshocked, making poor plays even with a clean pocket.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    DE'Angelo Henderson. He averaged 4.6 yds, Jamaal Charles averaged 6.8 where Devontae averaged 2.9 yds

Isaiah McKenzie and his 5 fumbles, I think Jordan Taylor could or even DE'Angelo could have done better.

Kyle Sloter looked as good as any of the other QBs in the preseason, especially Lynch yet another team saw something we didn't. Wouldn't normally be a big deal but we did go down to our third string QB last year looking for help.

Maybe "many" should have been "a few"?
    Is that a preseason stat? During the season, DeAngelo Henderson had 7 rushing attempts for 13 yards, 1.9 ypa. He was targeted twice, caught them both for 36 yards including one that went for 29 yards and a TD. When he was 4.6 ypa in preseason, what team was he on? First, second or third? Preseason performances on second/third team are not comparable to the regular season.

Same with Jamaal Charles. During the season, he had 69 rushing attempts for 296 yards and 1 TD for 4.3 ypa which led the RBs. He did have a couple of fumbles. He caught 23 of 28 targets for 129 yards. Right now, he's a 31 year old free agent RB.

As I recall, Isaiah McKenzie got fired as a returner. Jordan Taylor returned 11 of the 41 total Punt Returns. McKenzie only returned 3 of the 34 Kick Returns. I doubt if he'll make the roster.

We will all be interested in watching Kyle Sloter's NFL career. Lynch was injured and Osweiler was available. Elway tried to get Sloter on the PS, but the Vikings offered him the maximum a PS guy can get. If he had stayed on Minnesota's PS, he would have been signed off of it, but Minnesota signed him to their roster before that could happen. Right now, he's on Minnesota's TC roster with Kirk Cousins, Trevor Siemian and Peter Pujals. Maybe we'll get to see Chad Kelly play against Kyle Sloter on 11 August. Who would you rather have, Kyle or Chad?

Right. Few rather than many would have been less hyperbolic. If we went back over each preseason game, we could probably find some great third team performances by guys who didn't make the 53 roster. The same thing will happen this year. Such is the nature of it.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus