Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Not modern as the OP requested, but Herschel would be at the top of my list, along with Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders his senior year.
    If we are going back into the "olden" days, I'd take Earl Campbell over Walker.

Willis McGahee at the U.

Solid in the pros, but was just phenomenal before his knee was destroyed in the National Championship game against Ohio St

Since the thread is going that way... Bronko Nagurski, what a player...

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I like a lot of them mentioned so far. Noel Devine is up there for me.

Since we went behind modern... I would have to say Archie Griffin... the only 2time Heisman winner....
    4 time rose bowl starter ( with Brian Cushing being the only other )
    31 consecutive 100 yard games

Hard to beat that resume...

But in the spirit of the thread I’ll throw out Tim Tebow as the best... ( in college HUM )
    Last edited by EddieMac; 04-08-2018 at 02:02 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Since the thread is going that way... Bronko Nagurski, what a player...

Best college player you have “seen”? 😳

Tebow. There's been some great option QB's with before and after (Alex Smith and Cam Newton). But never one that dominant. And the crazy part about him was a better passer than quite a few NFL HOF QB's were in college! Loved watching him play.

Another was Clowney. He was an absolute monster.........when he wanted to be.

Jabril Peppers. watched him a bit when he was in HS. He may not have the ints to compare to the Legend Charles Woodson, but he was absolutely electric.

And Zeke. Seeing him live several times, you just knew you were watching something special and studiously watched every carry of his.

But the older era guys......

Charles Woodson (Go Blue!). Now this may be bias, but he was hands down the best college player i've ever seen. Any position, any era, I'd put Woodson up against ANYONE!

And Rocket Ishmael!!!!!!! I actually met him when I was a kid. Fastest man I've ever seen before a certain Mr.Bolt came to be known.
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Names that come to mind for me are Tebow and Reggie Bush.
    Teebs for sure

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Since we went behind modern... I would have to say Archie Griffin... the only 2time Heisman winner....
    4 time rose bowl starter ( with Brian Cushing being the only other )
    31 consecutive 100 yard games

Hard to beat that resume...

But in the spirit of the thread I’ll throw out Tim Tebow as the best... ( in college HUM )
    Sorry my USC bias compels me to point out that White’s resume is comparable if not exceeds in production.

Only one Heisman but 2x Rose Bowl MVP. Including a record 247 yard rushing performance in 1980.

Also career college stats - Griffin had 5500 total yards, White over 6200 yards. White had over 2000 and 1800 yard seasons. White also had 53 total TDs to Griffins 27.

JMO but quality resume! Fight On!

Modern Defensively:
    Ndamukong Suh
    Even at Nebraska he was a man among boys

Offensively: QB: Tim Tebow, Cam, Lamar Jackson

Non Qb offense: larry Fitzgerald and christian McCaffrey

All time: Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Charles Woodson and Dion Sanders

Reggie White

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Not modern as the OP requested, but Herschel would be at the top of my list, along with Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders his senior year.
    Lol. I just started thinking about favorite college players and he came to mind. Modern...Andrew Luck.

Manziel has to be up there outside of maybe 2-3 games dominated almost everybody. 3rd and 7 was almost a guarantee watching A&M with him.

Tebow obviously. Whoever said Suh was absolutely correct. One I haven’t seen mentioned but was phenomenal is college in Monta Teo. Larry Fitzgerald although he is slightly past the 10 years. I would even throw Marcus Mariota, Tyran Mathieu into the convo.

And yes I will say Shaqon Barkley. The things he can do still amaze me. The game against Iowa was just stunning. He might be the best RB to step foot in Kinnick Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Sorry my USC bias compels me to point out that White’s resume is comparable if not exceeds in production.

Only one Heisman but 2x Rose Bowl MVP. Including a record 247 yard rushing performance in 1980.

Also career college stats - Griffin had 5500 total yards, White over 6200 yards. White had over 2000 and 1800 yard seasons. White also had 53 total TDs to Griffins 27.

JMO but quality resume! Fight On!

Hahaha... I think picking either wins the fight...

Griffin, nicknamed “Duckfoot,” went to become the only player to win the Heisman Trophy twice (1974-75). He topped 100 yards in 31 straight games (an NCAA record), and 34 overall. He’s the only running back to lead the Big Ten Conference in rushing three straight years, and during those same seasons was named first-team All-American.

Griffin was credited with 1,577 rushing yards as a sophomore, 1,695 as a junior and 1,450 as a senior (bowl games included). When his career ended his 5,589 rushing yards were an NCAA record, plus he had 6,559 all-purpose yards and 26 touchdowns.

Few players were as consistent during their collegiate career as Charles White, who had 31 100-yard rushing performances and finished his USC career with 5,598 regular-season rushing yards (the second most in history), 6,245 including bowls.

As a sophomore, he totaled 1,478 rushing yards, and then he topped that in both of his final two years with 1,859 as a junior and 2,050 as a senior.

White led the nation in all-purpose yards both years, and in rushing in 1979 while averaging 6.2 yards a carry and scoring 19 touchdowns en route to winning the Heisman Trophy.
    Last edited by EddieMac; 04-08-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I once saw a game with Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders both playing RB for OSU against UW in Laramie.