• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Butler By'Note
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I read it was to avoid paying him a workout bonus. Same reason the Cowboys cut Dez Friday a day before they began workout programs.
    That wouldn't shock me. I could also see Denver not wanting him in the building during the OTAs for the off chance that he gets injured working out in which case they'd be on the hook for his salary this year.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
      Super Moderator
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
      The contract numbers and the salary cap.
      He went from untouchable due to his contract to likely a value signing.

Some are suggesting he's going to get a contract in the Cameron Meridith range of 2 yrs 10 mil.
      I think it'll be closer to the contract Alshon Jeffrey signed last year. He might not get $14 million per year, but a 1 year contract with a fair sized pay day this year. This allows the team to walk away with no issue if he's injured or just not a good player anymore. And it also allows Bryant the chance to hit free agency again next year if he shows he's who he used to be.

Comment

• atwaterandstir
        Football Immortal
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        I think it'll be closer to the contract Alshon Jeffrey signed last year. He might not get $14 million per year, but a 1 year contract with a fair sized pay day this year. This allows the team to walk away with no issue if he's injured or just not a good player anymore. And it also allows Bryant the chance to hit free agency again next year if he shows he's who he used to be.
        It very well could be, the Colts have the room to do something just like that. SF could do it as well. Both teams have cap space and WR needs.

I think his best days are done, but in the right situation he can still be a really productive player.

Comment

Working...
        X