View Poll Results: Who would you choose at 5?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bradley Chubb

24 48.00%
  • Quenton Nelson

26 52.00%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Out of the 2 I voted Chubb (then prayed for Mayfield in my heart)

-GB2

I do think the Broncos are high on Chubb even tho not alot of people are talking about it. That's why they haven't extended Ray's 5th-year option, They have till May 3rd, which if you think about it, what are they going to see between now and May 3rd that will make them change their mind? The only thing is "The Draft". I think if Chubb is there, and the "1" QB they want most isn't there at #5 (I think it Sam Donald) they are picking Chubbs, and then they will be shopping Ray to try and get back into the 1st. But if Chubbs and that QB isn't there, they will try to move back, and if they can't the left over QB or Nelson.

I would perfer Chubb too, Von and Chubbs wreacking havoc for the next 5 years....... damn that sound great.
    Last edited by Chronoless; 04-19-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    I do think the Broncos are high on Chubb even tho not alot of people are talking about it. That's why they haven't extended Ray's 5th-year option, They have till May 3rd, which if you think about it, what are they going to see between now and May 3rd that will make them change their mind? The only thing is "The Draft". I think if Chubb is there, and the "1" QB they want most isn't there at #5 (I think it Sam Donald) they are picking Chubbs, and then they will be shopping Ray to try and get back into the 1st. But if Chubbs and that QB isn't there, they will try to move back, and if they can't the left over QB or Nelson.

I would perfer Chubb too, Von and Chubbs wreacking havoc for the next 5 years....... damn that sound great.
    I doubt Chubb is high on their radar. There are better options for an OLB in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I doubt Chubb is high on their radar. There are better options for an OLB in this draft.
    This talk of Chubb reminded me of DeMarcus Walker and I noticed a couple of things from his draft profile on the NFL.com website:

6'4" Height
    33" Arm Length
    280 LBS Weight
    10 1/2" Hands

Strengths Ties quick swim move to his jump-step in order to climb over top of pass protection. Posted eye-popping sack production (25) over last two seasons at FSU. Attempts to play past the blocker rather than giving in. Always searching for new opening when original rush move is stymied. When rush stalls, he spies quarterback and gets hand in alleys. Eight career passes defensed. Gathers blockers to set up teammates when first on twists. Active, heavy tackler. Stack-and-shed power on the edge when pad level is right. Thick bubble and thighs with ability to carry more mass. Able to stuff cut blocks and keep his feet clean. Hasty with hands and lands first. Engages and mirrors flow of running back with square pads. Durable and dependable; played in 90 percent of the defensive snaps 2016.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ker?id=2557894

Bradley Chubb

Without a doubt.

I will take the pass rusher over a guard.

https://boltbeat.com/2013/02/14/mike...013-nfl-draft/

2013 Mike Mayock called Chance Warmack the best player in the draft. He might not have lived up to the expectations. I don't understand how people act like Nelson is somehow bust-proof. Give me some Chubb
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post

2013 Mike Mayock called Chance Warmack the best player in the draft. He might not have lived up to the expectations. I don't understand how people act like Nelson is somehow bust-proof. Give me some Chubb
    Pardon the pun, right?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post

I also remember some "experts" say Robert Gallery was a cant miss LT... one article had him pegged as "the best tackle prospect in the draft since Orlando Pace"

Now, I really like Nelson and would not be upset at all with him at 5 but no one is can't miss ... Just never see some of the draft busts coming or some of the home run picks.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

I just realized that we haven't picked up Shane Ray's option yet. Isn't that due by the 1st of May, i.e, after the draft? The Broncos must be considering Chubb as a replacement for Ray in that case, which I didn't expect.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I just realized that we haven't picked up Shane Ray's option yet. Isn't that due by the 1st of May, i.e, after the draft? The Broncos must be considering Chubb as a replacement for Ray in that case, which I didn't expect.
    I believe I read on PFT that May 3rd is the deadline. Seems like a fairly easy option to pickup, since they can walk away from it later if they decide to.

Nelson! Can you imagine Nelson and Bolles on the right side? Think of the protection or the holes they can make for a Sony Michel (or any RB). That would be our set for the next 5-10 years.

I'd be fine with Chubb if you can also get Will Hernandez or a guard just as good or better.

Our first 2 picks should make this whole draft, anything else is gravy!
    Last edited by haciendadad; 04-23-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Nelson! Can you imagine Nelson and Bolles on the right side? Think of the protection or the holes they can make for a Sony Michel (or any RB). That would be our set for the next 5-10 years.

I'd be fine with Chubb if you can also get Will Hernandez or a guard just as good or better.

Our first 2 picks should make this whole draft, anything else is gravy!
    If you move Garrett Bolles to RT, who is on the left?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If you move Garrett Bolles to RT, who is on the left?
    Veldheer, i would think

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Veldheer, i would think
    That might work for 2018 as long as Jared stays healthy. He's under contract this year only.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That might work for 2018 as long as Jared stays healthy. He's under contract this year only.
    yep. According to reports, they plan on leaving bolles at LT though, which i think you knew.