Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    They shouldn't have to tell a rookie what their plan is in order to get his best.
    Not in the pre-draft process. The player is selling a product, and is essentially marketing himself. If you're not willing to make as competitive of an offer for a product well you are wasting everyone's time. If they draft him, that's a different story, then yes they should get his best.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yeah I never meant I had an issue with you bringing it up. Just saying that you commenting how you probably can't change our minds is the same as the fact that we can't change yours.

If you had told me he said that in October when I was full on hated passion for him I'd have probably been there right with you. But a lot has changed since then and a lot of things including his performance against a top tier Georgia D (even if it didn't turn out well for him) as well as many other things I have read have changed my opinion of him. And as far as the thread title goes the one he is being compared to is also not the QB I least want to here have their name called. In fact Rosen may be my #2 choice.

You are absolutely right that every GM probably already has their "Option A" kid picked out. That they like the most. But are doing their due diligence to vet the process and listen to trade offers till the last minute. So they are all prepared with Plan B's and C's. The same as all of the posters in that thread.

I'm just as pumped as you for the next week to finally give us answers.
    Hey DB.....surprised no one picked up on my goofy statement....."As for being burned out, I am too. But I am pumped, which keeps the fire ablaze." Lots of fire and burning! Reminds me of my stomach situation at times!

I don't blame other members for similar threads about the draft. As long as there are twists involved. But now that I think about it, we could have many similar threads about QBs.....my biggest fear, Mayfield over Allen, or Mayfield over Darnold, or why not Darnold over Allen, etc. etc.!

It's like we all try to repackage the package. The build a better mousetrap situation. Then again, imagine one thread consisting of about 10,000 pages called "The 2018 Draft"....that would be no fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey DB.....surprised no one picked up on my goofy statement....."As for being burned out, I am too. But I am pumped, which keeps the fire ablaze." Lots of fire and burning! Reminds me of my stomach situation at times!

I don't blame other members for similar threads about the draft. As long as there are twists involved. But now that I think about it, we could have many similar threads about QBs.....my biggest fear, Mayfield over Allen, or Mayfield over Darnold, or why not Darnold over Allen, etc. etc.!

It's like we all try to repackage the package. The build a better mousetrap situation. Then again, imagine one thread consisting of about 10,000 pages called "The 2018 Draft"....that would be no fun!!!
    It would be like the Gameday thread. By the time you finish typing in a 10 character response to someone you're already 4 pages away from the person you were quoting.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Good post. Why must I spread? Don't like spread, unless it's schmeer.
    Could be that you CP'd me about 2 hours ago?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Good grief I want this kid to be a Bronco so bad.
    Me Too!

-GB2

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    They shouldn't have to tell a rookie what their plan is in order to get his best.
    You’re a floor salesman on a busy day. Where are you going to put your attention? On the people that flag you down and are showing interest? Or on window shoppers?

The Bills and Jets have made their intentions clear. Their wallet is out and they’re ready to buy.

SD looks like they’re window shopping. They’re probably playing out the “what if he fell to the low teens scenario?”

Id probably blow them off too
    Last edited by Jonny_Quest; 04-19-2018 at 01:23 PM.

I like Bakers attitude a lot more than Rosens. Baker is brash and cocky, but Rosen is almost condescending. Like he already thinks of himself as a top 5 QB

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    That's your response?

You see, in my biz world, people who left interviews and made comments like that would be carefully reassessed. As talented as they were, they immediately closed the door on potential employers. People in NFL board rooms who were debating whether to go after him, may have just reconsidered things, and come draft day, they might just go with the "safer" pick.

I don't care about The Chargers either. It's about the perception of all others that matters.

Hey, he could go 1st or 2nd in the draft for all I know, but there is absolutely no smarts behind going public with that statement. If my kids went to an interview and then I learned about such "goofiness" afterwards, I'd tell them they are not as bright as I thought.
    Unless he was as impressed with DEN as DEN was with him during their time together at the senior bowl.... and wants CLE,NYG,NYJ to go with the "safer pick" allowing him to go to his preferred destination DEN!

- GB2

Just read on Walterfootball.com that Mayfield to the Jets is "done deal." If we REALLY want him we'll need to talk to the other NY team.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Just read on Walterfootball.com that Mayfield to the Jets is "done deal." If we REALLY want him we'll need to talk to the other NY team.
    I hope the jets save us from ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I hope the jets save us from ourselves
    I hope so too, I wish the Cowboys would of saved us from ourselves 2 years ago too.