Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/n...91bollwfk9j0po

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f8a8a0ee2fb8

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/02/12/cleveland-browns/

The last one is a Browns blog, but it's reporting that PFF says Mayfield should be the number 1 pick.

There's not much separation between these 4 QBs, and it seems like people have them in a lot of different orders. No perfect prospect but all with some real strong points.
    I think with the Browns they are opting to pick the least risky pick at QB of them all. With Mayfield, there are red flags such as character concerns and adaptability. After having to suffer Johnny Manziel I'd imagine they are going to pick the QB least like him. Darnold or Rosen is likely to be a safer pick than Mayfield in terms of productivity, but imo Mayfield seems to have a stronger will than all 3 other QBs combined. We'll see in less than 2 weeks who the Browns really like.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Funny if both are on the board and I see Rosen’s name called I was considering throwing my tv through my window.
    If that happens and you do, please, please, pleeeeeeeeease make a video for us
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by BlindFandom88 View Post
    He also had us taking Ryan Ramczyk in his last mock before the 2017 draft. It's all speculation at this point, no matter if a reporter leads off with, "Word is..."
    By the way, Cecil Lammey was a guest speaker at the Broncos Quarterback Club this past Monday and he said the Broncos had Ryan Ramczyk ranked as the top OT, but Mike McCoy convinced Elway to take Garett Bolles because he thought Bolles was a better pass protector. So, Albert Breer was absolutely right about the Broncos original intentions. And talk about a blunder... The Broncos had it right, but McCoy blew it. That's probably one of the reasons why McCoy was fired and why Elway said he will follow his instincts this time.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    By the way, Cecil Lammey was a guest speaker at the Broncos Quarterback Club this past Monday and he said the Broncos had Ryan Ramczyk ranked as the top OT, but Mike McCoy convinced Elway to take Garett Bolles because he thought Bolles was a better pass protector. So, Albert Breer was absolutely right about the Broncos original intentions. And talk about a blunder... The Broncos had it right, but McCoy blew it. That's probably one of the reasons why McCoy was fired and why Elway said he will follow his instincts this time.
    I was high on Ramcyzk, but it's unfair to compare Bolles and Ram, considering Ramcyzk played a majority of RT, and had a experienced HOF QB behind him. Manning masked a ton of problems, and Brees does the same.

I think you gotta take Rosen before Mayfield no matter what.
    (JMO)
    I think Mayfield will be the guy who drops down the draft board a little????
    If we take a QB at #5,,, I hope he is the right guy?

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I was high on Ramcyzk, but it's unfair to compare Bolles and Ram, considering Ramcyzk played a majority of RT, and had a experienced HOF QB behind him. Manning masked a ton of problems, and Brees does the same.
    Switching sides so smoothly makes Ramczyk even more impressive. Look how OTs struggle switching to the right side. A veteran LT like Veldheer had issues playing RT last season. Being a RT in today's NFL means playing against Khalil Mack, Von Miller, Justin Houston, Vic Beasley, Joey Bosa. I doubt Bolles can play against these rushers, especially while getting used to changing his movement on the right side.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    If that happens and you do, please, please, pleeeeeeeeease make a video for us
    I would never seriously trash my tv like that. I love it too much. How else am I supposed to watch the Broncos in the fall?

Personally I have a preference but would really be ok with either of them at 5. I'd be a little disappointed if both are available and we took Rosen but come the season I would be amped up and excited to watch him play.

I was just pointing out the silliness of the OP acting like the way to try to sway the boards to his selection is to act like it's worth trashing expensive merchandise over. It's just football. It affects our lives in no way. Well unless you actually throw your tv out of a window.

Mayfield is a better QB than Rosen.
    Rosen needs protection and has already missed time with concussions.

Mayfield is a walk on who won the Heisman.
    He’s more mobile, has a stronger arm, is more accurate, won more games, and stayed healthier despite running occasionally.
    Rosen is taller than Mayfield but I’ve my share of tall QBs lately.

Mayfield over Rosen is a no brainer to me ....and will be to the whole world soon enough
    Last edited by oklahomabronco; 04-18-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oklahomabronco View Post
    Mayfield is a better QB than Rosen.
    Rosen needs protection and has already missed time with concussions.

Mayfield is a walk on who won the Heisman.
    He’s more mobile, has a stronger arm, won more games, stayed healthier despite running occasionally.

Mayfield over Rosen is a no brainer to me ....and will be to the whole world soon
    I was with you until this part. Winning the Heisman means absolutely nothing in terms of translating to NFL success. In fact more Heisman winners have been NFL busts than ones that have been successful. That's not the best point to argue his side.

And for the record I'm on the Mayfield side of this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    No. it isn't. yes there are some extenuating circumstances but Bolles had the 4th most olinemen penalties and was 3rd for sacks allowed. ramczyk had a great rookie season.

everyone knew Ramczyk was the better prospect and he is 2 years younger than Bolles. they blew that pick.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-18-2018 at 07:22 AM.

No walk on had ever won the Heisman trophy, so how do we know how former walk on Heisman winners do in the NFL?

I was with you until this part. Winning the Heisman means absolutely nothing in terms of translating to NFL success. In fact more Heisman winners have been NFL busts than ones that have been successful. That's not the best point to argue his side.

And for the record I'm on the Mayfield side of this discussion.

Just for the record Mayfield won a State Title as a starter in HS too...Winning seems to follow him ...

I like Rosen Mayfield never missed a game with injury - more importantly never missed time with concussions
    Last edited by oklahomabronco; 04-18-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oklahomabronco View Post
    Just for the record Mayfield won a State Title as a starter in HS too...Winning seems to follow him ...
    So did Tim Tebow.

Tebow also has a winning record in the NFL as a starting QB ...and I think Mayfields accuracy is slightly better, and his throwing motion might be just a little smoother and quicker ....

So did Tim Tebow.

So did Tim Tebow.