Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    One of the ways younger players improve is in maturing a little. Bolles has already done that so he won't improve as much as a younger player might over their first year or 2. i think he will improve but his room for improvement is pretty low, imo.
    Are you referring to his maturity as an adult? That has nothing to do with his football maturity.

One of the ways younger players improve is in maturing a little. Bolles has already done that so he won't improve as much as a younger player might over their first year or 2. i think he will improve but his room for improvement is pretty low, imo.
    I will take Mayfield over Rosen I think Mayfield will outwork everyone, and will take Ryan Leaf's assessment if he has read it as a notification to work to not duplicate Leaf's attitude and way of dealing with adversity.

On your point, I wanted Ramcyzk more than Bolles and yelled at my TV when Denver took him. IMHO Bolles has not done "maturing" yet as I think he is still learning to channel that anger and competitiveness into technique and positioning. Our QB situation put him in some precarious positions a lot last year too. I believe he will improve this year because I think he is ready to make adjustments to get better and will be pushed by someone we take this year to challenge that improvement. If our D isn't allowed to go full bore to test him and the other candidates often on how well they pass block that is just bad coaching. I think Pro Bowl expectations are unfair for this year but improvement, reducing penalties, yes , I see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Disagree, although maturity is a thing, Bolles is still so new to the game and maturing as player. We know he will work hard, but hes still learning the proper way to focus his work.
    It's also wrong because most "experts" said he had the highest ceiling and room for improvement of any tackle in the draft. To assume what we saw last year is what we will get out of Bolles ever is extremely narrow sited.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    No one has to jump over 5 to ensure he goes before our selection. He is going to be gone anyway.
    and...??? i was replying to this.....The release of CJ is the perfect smokescreen to get a team to leap frog us for a RB allowing Mayfield to drop to 5.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Are you referring to his maturity as an adult? That has nothing to do with his football maturity.
    physical development....the development between 22 year olds vs 26/27 year olds. its rare when an olineman comes into the league older than normal players and develop a lot. Danny watkins is an example of this.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-18-2018 at 11:32 AM.

and...??? i was replying to this.....The release of CJ is the perfect smokescreen to get a team to leap frog us for a RB allowing Mayfield to drop to 5.
    And nothing. I'm aware of what you were responding to. I was agreeing with you and furthering the issue. I was saying not only will someone not jump over 5 for him but they don't have to for him to be gone before our pick anyway. So to the person you were responding to it has no bearing on if Mayfield will be available at 5 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    It's been no secret that Mayfield has been the team's favorite the entire offseason. He gotten far and away the most attention from the team.

Seems to be the Jets' favorite too, which is why I'm expecting us to trade up with the Giants to take him.
    I would definitely not trade up to #2. I was thinking about it, and saw this related story...

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...giants?src=rss

In summary, it would be a 900 point difference on the draft value chart, which means our 1st, 2nd and more....in fact, this is what the MHR thinks:

Given that, the Broncos would likely need to trade their first and second round picks this year and their first rounder next year to move up to the second overall pick.

If true, that's too steep for a player that won't likely see the field this year.....

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    QB's at his size very rarely find success.
    Drew Brees
    Russell Wilson
    Case Keenum
    Kurt Warner
    Steve Young
    Joe Montana
    Bob Griese
    Len Dawson
    Fran Tarkenton
    Johnny Unitas
    Bart Starr
    Joe Namath
    George Blanda
    Sonny Jurgenson
    Y.A. Tittle
    Norm Van Brocklin
    Bobby Layne
    Otto Graham
    Sid Luckman
    Sammy Baugh
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Funny if both are on the board and I see Rosen’s name called I was considering throwing my tv through my window.
    Don't punish Mr. TV set.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    Mayfield is the lowest rated of the big 4 QBs by pretty much everybody. If we pass on Rosen for him, I'm gonna throw up.
    Numerically how many possible ways are there to rank the four top QBs #1 through #4? Is it sixteen? How many NFL teams are there who share the same ranking? Isn't it more likely that no more than several teams share the same ranking on their draft board?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Drew Brees
    Russell Wilson
    Case Keenum
    Kurt Warner
    Steve Young
    Joe Montana
    Bob Griese
    Len Dawson
    Fran Tarkenton
    Johnny Unitas
    Bart Starr
    Joe Namath
    George Blanda
    Sonny Jurgenson
    Y.A. Tittle
    Norm Van Brocklin
    Bobby Layne
    Otto Graham
    Sid Luckman
    Sammy Baugh
    You forgot Doug Flutie

Drew Brees
    Russell Wilson
    Case Keenum
    Kurt Warner
    Steve Young
    Joe Montana
    Bob Griese
    Len Dawson
    Fran Tarkenton
    Johnny Unitas
    Bart Starr
    Joe Namath
    George Blanda
    Sonny Jurgenson
    Y.A. Tittle
    Norm Van Brocklin
    Bobby Layne
    Otto Graham
    Sid Luckman
    Sammy Baugh
    Some of these are good examples, but I would say that some were not small in relative terms, given the era they played. Players are taller on average than they were decades ago. A number of the players you list played at least 40 or more years ago, and were over 6 feet. They were not small back then.

Yes, Wilson, Tarkenton and some others on your list. But not Starr, Namath, Baugh, Graham, Layne and so on....

Numerically how many possible ways are there to rank the four top QBs #1 through #4? Is it sixteen? How many NFL teams are there who share the same ranking? Isn't it more likely that no more than several teams share the same ranking on their draft board?
    Pretty sure it's more than 16.

1. Allen, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield
    2. Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen
    3. Allen, Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold
    4. Allen, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield
    5. Allen, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen
    6. Allen, Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold

You get the point. Unless I'm missing a scenario with Allen at 1 then I think you do the same exercise for each QB and wind up with 24 scenarios.

And nothing. I'm aware of what you were responding to. I was agreeing with you and furthering the issue. I was saying not only will someone not jump over 5 for him but they don't have to for him to be gone before our pick anyway. So to the person you were responding to it has no bearing on if Mayfield will be available at 5 or not.
    ahhhh, my mistake. i read that wrong.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-18-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    Mayfield is the lowest rated of the big 4 QBs by pretty much everybody. If we pass on Rosen for him, I'm gonna throw up.
    That isn't true. rosen is the lowest rated according to 24 gms in the league.