• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lvbronx
    Old School
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    I used to see Mr. Bowlen jogging, with the sweat pouring off of him, on the East Quincy bike path between University and Holly, many years ago. And if I remember correctly, didn't Bowlen and various other people (Jim Turner?) used to ride their bikes from the old Broncos facility just off of I-25 and 56th Avenue up to Greeley when the Broncos Training Camp was up there?

I don't want to bury Pat Bowlen before his time, but I have had family members who have sufffered from Alzhiemers and Dementia, and it's a complete nightmare for the patient AND the family. I really feel for his poor family having to see this.

I think some topics of discussion that you don't see a lot on this Board up to now would include a little more information about the Trust he set up to run the Broncos, and whether or not the Broncos will be put up for Sale. And if they are For Sale, is it possible that multiple Investors, like Elway, could take the Franchise Public, similar to Green Bay, where the Fans could participate in the Ownership? And if that happens, what will Elway's future be with the Franchise?
    My recollection is Bowlen would run, not bike. If I remember correctly he used to compete in the Iron Man and was in great shape.

Comment

• samparnell
      Soy Capitan Meshpoint
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
      My recollection is Bowlen would run, not bike. If I remember correctly he used to compete in the Iron Man and was in great shape.
      Didn't Pat Bowlen compete in the Iron Man Triathlon a number of times? Doesn't it consist of running, swimming and cycling?
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• FR Tim
        Football Immortal
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Didn't Pat Bowlen compete in the Iron Man Triathlon a number of times? Doesn't it consist of running, swimming and cycling?
        He did compete in the Iron Man. I believe on multiple occasions. Also completed other triathlons and several marathons. The man is tough as nails!

Every so often a player from the past will retell stories of coming into the facility and Mr. Bowlen would be working out and the intense workouts that he did with the players.

For the record, Iron Man distance Tris are 2.4 mi swims, 112 bike a 26.2 run to the finish line.

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

Take care Mr. B. Your good journey has barely begun.....

Comment

• gtown53
            All-Pro
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            He did compete in the Iron Man. I believe on multiple occasions. Also completed other triathlons and several marathons. The man is tough as nails!

Every so often a player from the past will retell stories of coming into the facility and Mr. Bowlen would be working out and the intense workouts that he did with the players.

For the record, Iron Man distance Tris are 2.4 mi swims, 112 bike a 26.2 run to the finish line.
            I'm pretty sure that one of the group of bike riders to Greeley fell and injured himself (broken collar bone?) I can't remember who it was.

Comment

Working...
            X