Page 90 of 131 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1954
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Something changed in the front office, because the Broncos draft looks mure more solid this year. Maybe it's Gary Kubiak working as a fullt-time evaluator instead of being a head coach full of other responsibilities. I did not see Tom Heckert in the Broncos war room, it was Kubiak right there with Elway and Matt Russell. None of the picks can be considered a reach. Chubb and Sutton were not even expected to be there, while Freeman and Yiadom went in the projected range.
    Kubiak has been a pretty good talent evaluator from my perspective. I think you're right that the Broncos are now relying on him instead of the usual rubbish from the last 3 years.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishFan81 View Post
    who the hell is the running back we picked never heard of him?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    All time leading rusher for the Oregon Ducks. Pretty good pick to be honest.
    *2nd most PAC-12 all time rusher, most PAC-12 rushing TDs

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    I know nothing about this guy,

But if he's the all time leader for the University of Oregon....... the boy is going to have some skills. U of O has produced some BIG TIME backs in the league.
    This dude isn't like Oregon's other backs who were more finesse than a thumpers. He's more like LeGarret Blount, but better. Rolls Royce is the most prototypical RB they've ever had.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by ChupaThingy View Post
    *2nd most PAC-12 all time rusher, most PAC-12 rushing TDs

This dude isn't like Oregon's other backs who were more finesse than a thumpers. He's more like LeGarret Blount, but better. Rolls Royce is the most prototypical RB they've ever had.
    Is Blount his comp? That isn't too bad to be compared to a multiple SB winning running back.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Crosby is still available and is probably looked at as a OG rather than OT. There were rumors about Hurst having a heart condition so if thereís any truth to that heíd be off our board completely
    Crosby would be a solid addition. We need more OL depth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Is Blount his comp? That isn't too bad to be compared to a multiple SB winning running back.
    compared to other backs from Oregon. Guys like LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner, or DeAnthony Thomas are more finesse than a guy who can grind it up down the middle.

*EDIT* Jonathan Stewart would be a fair comparison too, but I think Royce was better than all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Njbroncofan1 View Post
    The more I read about Freeman the more I like him. Very nice pick. 3 very good picks. 1 pick ok filling a need. Tomorrow we need OL don't we?
    we pick very early so should be some decent talent on the board. Very good draft so far.
    Freeman, Butt, Sutton should solve RZ woes.

Maybe itís just me but all the offensive lineman left in the draft donít look very good in comparison to the guys at other posistions still left on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Maybe it’s just me but all the offensive lineman left in the draft don’t look very good in comparison to the guys at other posistions still left on the board.
    Both Jamarco Jones and Will Richardson are above average prospects. One or both should be available by the 6th pick of the 4th round.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

All solid picks today at positions that needed upgrades. I like Sutton as a RZ target and a 3rd receiver to draw some attention from DT and Sanders. Over time, he'll likely replace one of them. RB was a need. Freeman's not outstanding in any way, but a solid back if our blocking holds up. I don't know much about the CB, but looks like he's got potential to develop. Hopefully between him, Langley, and Brock, one of them will step up (we're assuming here that Roby fills Talib's shoes - tall order).

The negativity about not getting OL, DT, etc - I agree these are needs too, but we had too many needs going in to realistically address in one draft. It's too bad most of our FA $$ went to Keenum. We're on a 2 year plan to return to playoff competitiveness, just in time to need a QB. The players we drafted yesterday and today are steps in the right direction though. Maybe we'll get lucky and find another starter tomorrow, in which case, this will be a great draft.

The Courtland Sutton pick is a direct message to DT, as Sutton is literally a younger version of him, with the ability to win out on 50/50 balls. It's also the exact player Keenum needs to succeed, someone to fight for those 50/50 balls. Much of his success in Minnesota came from Diggs and Thielen making good catches and fighting off their receivers. Not many players can beat Lattimore on man coverage, but Thielen did exactly that in the NFC divisional game. We don't need the fastest or smoothest route runners, we need a fighter to come down with the ball with how Keenum plays.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I just played League of Legends. Can anybody give me a break down in the 3rd roud.

Not happy with the Freeman pcik as I see three others out there still who are better than he is (Hines, Wadley and Ballage).

Here's hoping Maurice Hurst is our first 4th round selection.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    Not happy with the Freeman pcik as I see three others out there still who are better than he is (Hines, Wadley and Ballage).

Here's hoping Maurice Hurst is our first 4th round selection.
    i completely disagree. royce has teh size speed quality you look for in the rb.i don't feel wadley will succeed in the nfl. he is to slow and small to be successful.ballage hasn't shown he can play at a college level successfull. i mean with his traits i would have expect a year or 2 of 1000 yard seasons, but his production was non-exsistant. i think hines is probably the best out of that but he lacks the size to succeed as a every down back. he looks more of a change of pace burmer. i feel freeman is gonna be alot better for at least a few season. the biggest worry for me is how many touches he had in college.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 04-27-2018 at 11:30 PM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

One thing I do like about all 4 draft picks so far is that I believe all 4 will play in week 1. 2 of them are probably starting.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiBroncos View Post
    One thing I do like about all 4 draft picks so far is that I believe all 4 will play in week 1. 2 of them are probably starting.
    Chubb, for sure, my money would be on Freeman being the other. Sutton and Yaidom have significant competition ahead of them, though I expect them to see significant and meaningful snaps.