Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Arent the chubbs cousins?
    Glen Haven Fire

Connor Williams is still available. He was considered the best OT in college before the 2017 season. He can compete at tackle, guard and improve the depth of this offensive line tremendously.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Today's big, especially for The Browns and Colts. They both have great picks in round two, after big days in round one. Cleveland will set the table tonight. I expect an RB and Oliner, but their D might get a look. Indy nailed this draft by trading back and still landing Nelson. Tonight they have two back to back early picks and another one in the same round. Big upgrade possibilities for both teams.

As for The Broncos, I really want an RB, but I know Oliner is going to be a factor. Round 3 is going to be big for us, with more than one pick, and a couple of positions to fix.

Going to be exciting! These next 3 picks (40, 71, 99) are going to be significant....may even help us get playoff bound in '18.
    yah I agree we need these next 3 picks to be big contributors next year

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Connor Williams is still available. He was considered the best OT in college before the 2017 season. He can compete at tackle, guard and improve the depth of this offensive line tremendously.
    yah and may take over RT in 2019 since the guy we traded for has only 1 year left

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Maybe Elway will still go best player available [except edge rusher] at #40 because of the value of that pick. After that, it's probably going to be need all the way. Since the Broncos already took a good look at NC State to scout Bradley Chubb, there is another big-time player from that defensive line available, BJ Hill. Elway brought Vita Vea for a visit and a NT should be an option because Domata Peko's play might start to fade away as he'll be 34 in november.

I think a defensive lineman like Hill or Nathan Shepherd is in play for the 3rd-round pick.
    With the talk of Vita Vea over Da'Ron I was hoping Da'Ron may have slipped more than he did. I've said it on a different thread I liked Da'ron over Vea personally anyways. For me I'd like to see us double dip on defense and in the second round grab Isaiah Oliver. We've seen the value of having three top tier CB's on our team. Right now the only truly proven top CB is CHJ. Roby has proven to be a great CB as well but he has also shown that he is not quite at the same level as CHJ or Talib. We also need to ensure that if an injury occurs that we will not be caught. For Oliver I'd even consider trading up to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    With the talk of Vita Vea over Da'Ron I was hoping Da'Ron may have slipped more than he did. I've said it on a different thread I liked Da'ron over Vea personally anyways.
    Yes, me too. I had Payne #13 to the Redskins (Jonathan Allen connection) and Vea #17 to the Chargers. I know Vea has been compared to Haloti Ngata, but I thought teams would be concerned about managing his weight, since he already is at 347 pounds. Also, I thought the ghost of Danny Shelton would haunt some teams, even though Vea has better movement skills.

Payne is an interesting player because he did not produce in terms of sacks and tackles for loss, but I saw some ability to beat blockers and collapse the pocket. He got close but could not finish plays when the QB started to scramble.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Does no one like WR Equanimeous St Brown? I like his tape and measurables.

How much would it take to get a 2nd 2nd lol? Curious as it would be awesome to get both oliver and hernandez/daniels
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by bronco30 View Post
    yah and may take over RT in 2019 since the guy we traded for has only 1 year left
    I love the idea of Conner Williams at 40 to start at guard in year 1 and move to RT in year 2. Then pickup Alex Cappa in round 4 as a backup to both positions in year 1. Cappa moves to guard in year 2. Great way to fix our OLine and give us insurance if Bolles doesn't work out at LT.

I would also be happy with Hernandez or Corbett at 40. I believe either one could be penciled in at guard for the next 10 years.

I might also consider trading our first 3rd and last 4th to get back into the late second if Jones falls into the 50s.

I really think we have to pickup an OL and a RB tonight. Depth at WR and CB would be great also, but a secondary need, in my opinion.

I am torn on this round. I mean Joshua Jackson looked really, really good in college. Maybe Reggie Roby good already. We really do need an OL badly that can push for starting time immediately. There are guys who fit that bill, but might go before we get our hands on them this round. Then you have the chance to get a RB Ron Jones who I think is better than Henderson and Booker every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Guice might made some things up apparently from interview questions he either did not get. That might have caused him to fall, because if he is healthy, he is better than Booker and Henderson too.

I think this is a Will Hernandez pick. I am still hoping DJ Chalk falls to the 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Reminds me of Cody Latimer, height/speed combo, but raw route runner. St. Brown is two inches taller than Latimer, maybe he's a WR that can just go get the ball thrown to a spot. It's hard for me to watch his games because of bad QB play.

Quote Originally Posted by bronco30 View Post
    yah I agree we need these next 3 picks to be big contributors next year
    In past I have suggested that Day Two is even more important than Day One. Sure, round one players are better, but when you have a draft with a lot of good players in the early rounds, those next 2 or more picks can be the turning point. They can separate you from other teams, or if messed up, lose ground.

As the draft goes on....lets just that anyone can pick first rounders pretty much, but those 2 or more players tonight could be home runs as well, and position a team for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    In past I have suggested that Day Two is even more important than Day One. Sure, round one players are better, but when you have a draft with a lot of good players in the early rounds, those next 2 or more picks can be the turning point. They can separate you from other teams, or if messed up, lose ground.

As the draft goes on....lets just that anyone can pick first rounders pretty much, but those 2 or more players tonight could be home runs as well, and position a team for the future.
    I agree with this 100% but I think you also have to temper your expectations of these guys in year 1. I think there is a better chance that Butt, Henderson, and Walker contribute heavily this year than the guys we pickup in the third round this year. Pick #40 is close enough to the first round that I have pretty high expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    EQ will be drafted because of measurables. Yes, his QB play was bad, but he dropped a lot of intermediate catches and did them no favors.