Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Red Miller was our coach for 4 years and didn't win a Super Bowl. Reeves never won a ring and Kubiak was the backup QB for most of Reeves' tenure here. Shanahan maybe, but Kubiak was an important part of Shanny's staff. Shanny never won a Super Bowl without Kubiak, but Kubiak won a Super Bowl of us as head coach without Shanny.

Kubiak has been a part of the Broncos as a player and a coach, and now in the FO, for a very long time.
    Kubiak is a Shanahan disciple.

Without Shanahan's influence OVER Kubiak, their is no Kubiak to exert influence over the Broncos.

Bowlen > Elway > Shanahan > Kubiak > Reeves are my top 5 influencers in order.

-GB2

Quote Originally Posted by 16TheSnake View Post
    Kubiak is a Shanahan disciple.

Without Shanahan's influence OVER Kubiak, their is no Kubiak to exert influence over the Broncos.

Bowlen > Elway > Shanahan > Kubiak > Reeves are my top 5 influencers in order.

-GB2
    That's pure speculation and hypothetical. Bill Walsh said he was very impressed with Kubiak's knowledge of offense. It's possible Walsh would have hired Kubiak after his playing career.

That's pure speculation and hypothetical.
    As are all free opinions... such as your counterpoint.

-GB2

-GB2
    Yup. What is -GB2 btw?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Yup. What is -GB2 btw?
    GB squared

Go Broncos
    God Bless

It was a Tebow thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    Kubiak didn't when he returned to be HC

Jokes aside, this draft isn't the type of draft we've become accustomed to seeing during Elway's tenure as GM. No glaring reaches and proven production over potential. Still, it's no guarantee that they'll all pan out, but the initial feeling is that this will be a solid draft class.
    Every time I watch that video of Kubes' presser when he returns to Broncos Country as our HC and he says Broncos Nation, I cringe and yell at the TV. Come on Kubiak, how can you get something so wrong???

-GB2
    Which was EXACTLY my point. We can make up anything to help our arguments. What if Baltimore traded Elway to the Raiders instead of us?

In contrast, my opinion that Kubiak " is probably the most influential person" (other than Elway and Bowlen) was based on my interpretation of facts, not made up hypotheticals. You're welcome to base your own choice on facts and opinions, but don't tell me my opinion is incorrect because of something you made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    GB squared

Go Broncos
    God Bless

It was a Tebow thing...
    Correct.

Go Broncos and God Bless = GB2

Which was EXACTLY my point. We can make up anything to help our arguments. What if Baltimore traded Elway to the Raiders instead of us?

In contrast, my opinion that Kubiak " is probably the most influential person" (other than Elway and Bowlen) was based on my interpretation of facts, not made up hypotheticals. You're welcome to base your own choice on facts and opinions, but don't tell me my opinion is incorrect because of something you made up.
    I never said a word regarding the accuracy of your hypothesis.

I gave my hypothesis, based on my interpretation of the facts, in contrast to yours.

It was not something I "made up" it is heavily rooted in my interpretation of facts.

My interpretation of the facts are housed in the undeniable reality that we are the summation of our life experiences. What makes Kubiak the person he is today is the summation of his life experiences over time; a great portion of which was forged under the guidance of Shanahan.

As a player Kubiak learned how to play QB, at a high level, in Shanahan's offensive system.

As a coach he learned how to run/call an offense and design schemes in the Shanahan system.

How Kubiak thinks regarding playing and coaching was forged as a result of his experience in Shanahan's system, in my opinion.

So based on those facts, I concluded that the influencer over Kubiak's NFL thought processes must have a greater influence over the franchise they both coached and won Super Bowls for.

I clearly labeled my analysis as my opinion.

Your hypothetical rhetorical example of what would have happened if Kubiak went to SF was the only thing "made up" in our exchange...

-GB2
    Last edited by 16TheSnake; 05-01-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Every time I watch that video of Kubes' presser when he returns to Broncos Country as our HC and he says Broncos Nation, I cringe and yell at the TV. Come on Kubiak, how can you get something so wrong???
    Keep in mind that some long-time Bronco fans have never lived in Colorado. Im guessing Broncos Country comes from local news culture.

Ive been a Broncos fan since 1984 but I grew up on the east coast. I never got to hear anything about the broncos on local news and never got to read about them in the local paper.

I got to watch them two or three times a year if they made the playoffs. Otherwise maybe once per year.

Got much better with the rise of the intarnetz (which apparently is a series of tubes).

Fans from the Sixties appreciate Red Miller and Joe Collier because they led the Denver Broncos to their first Super Bowl. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I would put Red Miller, Dan Reeves, and Mike Shanahan over him.
    Floyd Little

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Have to disagree about Reeves. Kubiak has 3 rings as an OC and HC. Reeves has zero, not counting what he did with the Cowboys.
    Red Miller was our coach for 4 years and didn't win a Super Bowl. Reeves never won a ring and Kubiak was the backup QB for most of Reeves' tenure here. Shanahan maybe, but Kubiak was an important part of Shanny's staff. Shanny never won a Super Bowl without Kubiak, but Kubiak won a Super Bowl of us as head coach without Shanny.

Kubiak has been a part of the Broncos as a player and a coach, and now in the FO, for a very long time.
    1) Red Miller led the Broncos to their FIRST postseason in 1977 ever, culminating in SBXII. 1960-1976 = nada! So he is a milestone coach.

2) Reeves coached 12 years here with six postseasons and three conference titles. Of course Elway was a huge factor in that success, but Reeves did his part too and so he had a longer, more influential tenure than Kubiak, IMO. I acknowledge this even though I'm not a fan of Reeves and wasn't sorry to see him go anymore than Fox, a figure from the same mold.

3) Shanahan innovated the run-heavy variant of the West Coast Offense, drafted Terrell Davis, and won our first Superbowls so he is another major milestone coach with a long tenure here for 16 seasons in two positions.

4) Kubiak was still a backup QB when Shanahan was the OC in Denver.
    When Shanahan was the OC for SF, he brought Kubes in to be his QB coach there.
    When Shanahan became HC in Denver he brought Kubes in to be QB coach/OC but it was really "OC-in-training" until 2001. Up to that point Shanahan devised the playbook and called the plays directly himself, so any notion that Kubes was the real brains behind the operation in the '90s is patently false.

Kubiak is a good coach but not a great coach, IMO. He deserves some credit for SB 50, but Wade Phillips and the defense was the strength that achieved that victory. He is still an important figure in Broncos history though, perhaps in the top ten.
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-01-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Fans from the Sixties appreciate Red Miller and Joe Collier because they led the Denver Broncos to their first Super Bowl. That is all.
    Exactly right. I would add John Ralston to the list of "difference maker" Broncos Head Coaches. Ralston coached the Broncos first winning season in 1973?. I believe it was 7-5-2. How do I know? I was there, watching the games. And there aren't many of us left who saw those games in 1973.

What? No mention of Josh McDaniels as a Top 5 Broncos influencer?