Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Job well done

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I really liked this offseason, my only gripe is cutting CJ loose. Booker blows hard and we dont know how the rooks will do. CJ ran for 1,000 yards behind an awful line and zero passing game. I know most dont think hes good but hes the best back weve had since Portis. He would have been great behind this new and hopefully improved line.
    I'm with you.

I loved CJ...he played/ran hard. The only advantage Booker has over CJ is youth & less wear & tear but he hasn't shown the hard running ability as CJ brought each week.

I also wish we had kept Talib for one more season...I have little faith in Roby as his replacement. He's a great 3rd corner but not impressive as the starting 1 or 2 corner.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

I would have understood if the Broncos had replaced CJ Anderson for a more explosive RB to hit some home runs. I did not understand releasing him just to spend a 3rd-round pick on Freeman, who is very similar to CJ Anderson. It would have been more productive to keep CJ Anderson and use that 3rd-round pick on an interior rusher like Nathan Shephard or an OT like Martinas Rankin, Orlando Brown or Chukwuma Okorafor.

*EDIT* Nathan Shepherd
    Last edited by -Rod-; 07-23-2018 at 08:31 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I would have understood if the Broncos had replaced CJ Anderson for a more explosive RB to hit some home runs. I did not understand releasing him just to spend a 3rd-round pick on Freeman, who is very similar to CJ Anderson. It would have been more productive to keep CJ Anderson and use that 3rd-round pick on an interior rusher like Nathan Shephard or an OT like Martinas Rankin, Orlando Brown or Chukwuma Okorafor.
    agreed
    kept saying that over and over before the draft...very few understood and couldn't wait for CJ to be gone.

Very glad we upgraded at the RB position, the team needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

*EDIT* Nathan Shepherd
    Roster moves sometimes give an indication about how players of certain positions already on the roster are regarded.

The decision to release C.J. was made prior to the draft leaving Denver with two RBs. It seemed evident more would be added. Two were drafted and an UDFA was signed. The decision to release C.J. hasn't been made completely clear to the public, but was certainly informed within Dove Valley.

Prior to the draft, the Broncos had ten D-Linemen half of whom may be considered interior pass rushers. Nathan Shepherd's scouting report indicates me might be a project of more than one season. Royce Freeman is thought to be a possible starter this season.

Like many here, I thought for sure Denver would draft an Offensive Tackle. Prior to the draft, they had thirteen O-Linemen five of whom have started at T, and ten of whom entered the league via the Draft. The problem is lack of depth at LT. Veldheer is the best backup at LT. With two picks in the third round, I thought Denver would take Tyrell Crosby, but something caused him to slip to the 5th round. Maybe they like who they have and didn't feel like they had room for a rookie. Go figure.

Chris Strausser was on staff last year and is coaching the Tackles this year. By now, he has familiarity with Bolles, Veldheer, Turner, Kouandijo, et al. We'll have to see who the game day Swing Tackle is and whether or not he would backup LT, or if there would be a shuffle. Maybe Kouandijo will play well enough to start at RT, and Veldheer could be the Swing Tackle. TC/preseason is the time for doing all the O-Line shuffle combos.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Very glad we upgraded at the RB position, the team needed it.
    how do you know it was upgraded? We won't know that for a couple months, at least.

I endorse this thread.

We won the SB ....

granted we've had a couple down seasons. Seems to me, Elway pushed the chips into the pot while Manning was around and it cost us a bit in the seasons after but it paid off.

It paid off

Without the franchise QB it's impossible to be a late round playoff team consistently season after season. The only other way is to have a great defense while you search for that QB. And that's pretty much what he's tried to do it looks like.

I sincerely hope VJ pans out but I have my reservations. Glad to see some Kubiak here and there still
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I wonder if Vance doesn't work out and is fired mid-season, does Kubiak step in and take over HC responsibilities?
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I wonder if Vance doesn't work out and is fired mid-season, does Kubiak step in and take over HC responsibilities?
    I wouldn't, if I were him. He doesn't need the stress
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 08-01-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    how do you know it was upgraded? We won't know that for a couple months, at least.
    I agree, although from reports so far it looks like this RB group are all going to be tough cuts/PS moves
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Royce looks more explosive than CJ.

CJ also had trouble staying healthy, and usually missed around 4 games per season. That's unlikely to improve with age.

If Royce is just a younger, healthier. more cap-friendly version of CJ then that's a major upgrade.

I personally think he'll be more than that.