Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I tend to agree with you. They could have had Darnold and Royce Freeman. Instead of Barkley and Lorenzo Carter (LB). However, they took Lauletta in the 4th who just might be as good as darnold long term.
    I forgot they took Lauletta.

That could make them look like geniuses.

Still...they passed on Chubb, Nelson, and Ward to take a running back. Still pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I totally disagree with you on The Giants. They had a very good draft imo. A great RB, a mauler at Guard - Hernandez, a decent LB...and then think beyond Manning and go get Lauletta, who might be the answer long term. Remember who they added in FA - Solder, Stewart and yes, Cody Latimer....who might just surprise. But look at them offensively... Manning may not be done, and has Odell Beckham, Sterling Shepard, Barkley and Stewart along with additions of support in Solder and a mauler Hernandez.

I can see a lot more wins this season.
    Three years from now is when they might be deeply regretting their pick.

If Lauletta pans out then cheerfully withdrawn.

I get NYGs approach. They have a vet SB winning QB, and with Barkley are taking a shot at giving said QB an Elway/TD-like exit. You can argue it both ways- but I can see the appeal of gunning for another Lombardi in the here and now over maybe having a franchise QB (and who knows what else) a few years down the line- particularly in the New York market...

That said- road to the SB in NFC appears to be brutal (e.g. PHI, MIN, NO, ATL, LAR, SF, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Three years from now is when they might be deeply regretting their pick.

If Lauletta pans out then cheerfully withdrawn.
    Same can be said for pretty much everyone. But I appreciate your openness.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    I get NYGs approach. They have a vet SB winning QB, and with Barkley are taking a shot at giving said QB an Elway/TD-like exit. You can argue it both ways- but I can see the appeal of gunning for another Lombardi in the here and now over maybe having a franchise QB (and who knows what else) a few years down the line- particularly in the New York market...

That said- road to the SB in NFC appears to be brutal (e.g. PHI, MIN, NO, ATL, LAR, SF, etc.).
    I concur....especially about the part about going thru The NFC. I've been saying it for a while, The NFC looks stacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post

And...if they get a new QB in the next couple of years... all the pieces are around him to start... I think they played it smart..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Denver had a great draft easily the best in the AFCW. I would say the Raiders had worst draft in the division some of those picks were confusing.

Does anyone have ESPN insider to see what they gave the Broncos? Or if we got any of the "Best Picks". I really hate their pay crap.

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Does anyone have ESPN insider to see what they gave the Broncos? Or if we got any of the "Best Picks". I really hate their pay crap.
    I don't know what ESPN insider said, but I did recently see a draft grades special with Kiper and McShay. I think Kiper gave us a B or B+. Chubb was regarded as the best pick.

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    they picked Roquan Smith and derwin james as predicted Defensive rookie of the year. Anthony Miller as offensive ROY
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 05-02-2018 at 03:17 PM.

On NFLN yesterday TD gave the Broncos a B+. He says he doesnt give out As

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Denver had a great draft easily the best in the AFCW. I would say the Raiders had worst draft in the division some of those picks were confusing.
    I though the Raiders had a great draft, not sure why so many are down on their picks. 1st 6 picks produced 2 OL and 3 DL. Key and Hurst both had 1st round grades based on talent and where they were picked was huge bargains. I could easily see us looking back in a few years and saying this was a huge draft for them.

I have the Broncos at a C for the off season. Chubb a great acquisition, but feel more impact could have been made in the draft by moving up for Hernandez (yes it was there with Philly selling 32nd pick and we were better positioned than Balt to get it). Geron Christian imo would have been a better pick than Royce, even if I feel Royce is a good pick. Christian needs strength, but feel after a year he would have been bale to replace Veldheer and play an above average OT for us. Chubb, Hernandez, and Christian would have given us some nice pieces in the trenches; however, Elway continues to over value skill position players imo.

We will see, but I think we will still be talking about the need for OL next year.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

- Raiders draft was kinda meh, reached on alot of players, Hurst may never play.

- Chiefs overdrafted Speaks and Nnandi is good but other than that pretty meh.

- Chargers had a really strong draft, i'd put them as AFCW right now.

- Denver had the best draft by default, putting alot of trust in Keenum passing on the QB's as well. I did like our draft though, got alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Cleveland could have come away with the best QB in the draft who is only 20, sat him for a year while Taylor plays and they have their franchise QB for a long time, then they could of grabbed the best defensive player who will partner Garrett as the best duo of young pass rushers for years.

I don't think Ward was a top 5 player, they could of grabbed a CB at the top of 2.

Cleveland had the number 1 and 4 pick, yet didn't come away with any of the top 3 prospects according to the vast majority of draft experts.................. Darnold, Chubb, and Barkley.

Time will tell but this looks like Cleveland blew it, again
    I dont think they blew it but they could have easily gone Darnold, Chubb, OL, CB/RB, and CB/RB with the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Cleveland had the number 1 and 4 pick, yet didn't come away with any of the top 3 prospects according to the vast majority of draft experts.................. Darnold, Chubb, and Barkley.

Time will tell but this looks like Cleveland blew it, again
    I agree with this. I was disappointed with John Dorsey's draft. Darnold at #1 and Chubb at #4 would have been perfect for them.

Also, he drafted Austin Corbett over Will Hernandez. I don't think Corbett has the length to play OT in the NFL. It looks like Cleveland, despite all those draft picks, don't have a good plan to replace Joe Thomas at LT.

I don't understand a 6'0, spread-offense QB with small hands being the #1 overall pick. Good luck explaining that pick to the team owner if
    the Mayfield pick does not pan out. He may very well be Case Keenum, and that's not what you want from the #1 pick. I think Mayfield has very little upside for the NFL.

Like you said, Darnold is still only 20 years old, he's over 2 years younger than Mayfield, who played 4 seasons at Oklahoma. With 2 more years of experience, it's very likely that Darnold will be the better QB.

The Denzel Ward pick was bizarre. He was not the best defensive player in the draft. I've seen big, athetic CBs like Patrick Peterson and Jalen Ramsey go in that range, but Ward is a 5'11, 180-pound CB with 2 career interceptions. That was a reach based on need, as the Browns were forced to admit after making the pick.

Considering the draft capital they had and what they came up with, I think that was an underwhelming draft for the Browns.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607