Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Shane Ray Out?

Even if Ray plays great (I think he will) he likely won’t be back. There are a lot of impressive pass rushers in this next class if they forgo eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Even if Ray plays great (I think he will) he likely won’t be back. There are a lot of impressive pass rushers in this next class if they forgo eligibility
    good, ray is our most overrated player, even more overrated than roby.

Rather have Dante Fowler anyway. Fowler seems like he has a brighter future.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Rather have Dante Fowler anyway. Fowler seems like he has a brighter future.
    Fowler May be good but he has already torn his ACL once. Id rather overdraft Sutton Smith in next years draft 5’11” and 225 but he’s a nasty pass rusher.

Next years group of pass rushers is looking stacked. Clemson’s whole dline highlighted by Dexter Lawrence who will be a mean NT in the mold of a young Vince Wilfork. Then you got guys like Ed Oliver (probably a top 3 pick), Raekwon Davis, Rashaan Gary, Josh Allen, Nick bosa, Montez Sweat, Jeffrey Simmons, Joe Jackson, and those are just the guys expected to have big seasons, there will be a few other guys that put up big numbers too.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 05-04-2018 at 05:20 AM.

Fowler May be good but he has already torn his ACL once. Id rather overdraft Sutton Smith in next years draft 5’11” and 225 but he’s a nasty pass rusher.

Next years group of pass rushers is looking stacked. Clemson’s whole dline highlighted by Dexter Lawrence who will be a mean NT in the mold of a young Vince Wilfork. Then you got guys like Ed Oliver (probably a top 3 pick), Raekwon Davis, Rashaan Gary, Josh Allen, Nick bosa, Montez Sweat, Jeffrey Simmons, Joe Jackson, and those are just the guys expected to have big seasons, there will be a few other guys that put up big numbers too.
    I really hope we have a shot at Raekwon Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I really hope we have a shot at Raekwon Davis.
    I’d pull a Mike Ditka for Ed Oliver. Oliver, Chubb, and Miller rushing the passer at the same time. Good lord.

I’d pull a Mike Ditka for Ed Oliver. Oliver, Chubb, and Miller rushing the passer at the same time. Good lord.
    What about Bosa?

What about Bosa?
    He’s more explosive than Joey, not sure if he’s better. Although I will say he looks like the more serious of the two so it wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up being even better than Joey.

But Ed Oliver could’ve been the first overall pick last season. This guy could’ve came straight out of high school the way he played his freshman season. Seeing a 290 DT run down a WR 20 yards down the field is impressive. And it wasnt a diving shoe string tackle either, he got ahead of him, squared up and put a solid lick on him. Oliver is going to destroy the combine if his tape is any indication. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a 42 inch vertical, 30+ reps on the bench, runs a low 4.5, an 11 foot broad jump. People called Jevon Kearse “The Freak” coming out of college. Well this kid is like Kearse x10. I love watching him play.

He’s more explosive than Joey, not sure if he’s better. Although I will say he looks like the more serious of the two so it wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up being even better than Joey.

But Ed Oliver could’ve been the first overall pick last season. This guy could’ve came straight out of high school the way he played his freshman season. Seeing a 290 DT run down a WR 20 yards down the field is impressive. And it wasnt a diving shoe string tackle either, he got ahead of him, squared up and put a solid lick on him. Oliver is going to destroy the combine if his tape is any indication. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a 42 inch vertical, 30+ reps on the bench, runs a low 4.5, an 11 foot broad jump. People called Jevon Kearse “The Freak” coming out of college. Well this kid is like Kearse x10. I love watching him play.
    What school is he from? Must watch some games this season.

It sounds like next years draft class has some great pass rushers.

What school is he from? Must watch some games this season.
    He plays NT for Houston

He plays NT for Houston
    Hopefully we will be drafting to low to get him. Unless we trade Shane Ray and Paxton Lynch for a first.

What about Bosa?
    You mean Joey's brother, right?. From what I've read he's supposed to better than Joey and is already rated as the #1 next year' draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    You mean Joey's brother, right?. From what I've read he's supposed to better than Joey and is already rated as the #1 next year' draft.
    Yes that's who I mean. I saw 2 games and he was balling.

I'd try to move Ray to a pass-rush needy team for a 3rd round pick. Not gonna re-sign him, try to get some value.

And next years draft is insane for DL, that's where i'd use next years pick unless some QB's emerge.