Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    OL is the most unknown, it should be better than last season but that might not be saying much. It seems to be set up to be much better ... we'll see.
    I think TE could be a big ? Butt may solidify that position some and Heureman might step up but it is hard to say at this time.
    ILB is probably the least strongest on the D but I don't think it matters a whole lot ... we're average there but maybe Jewell will have some impact. Also Craven could contribute in that role too ... I am not counting on that but I hope I am wrong.

Our biggest weakness is that we've gone through so much change. Talib and CJ gone. Case in. New offensive system.

It will take at least a couple games for new leaders to come through and for us to get gelled together. Maybe we'll rise to the occasion and new guys will breakout in week 1. But I don't expect us to have our stuff figured out until week 6 or so.

For a team fighting for the playoffs, we can't afford to slip any early season games while we are still getting in rythym.
    Last edited by SoundsOfSuccess; 05-02-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Vance Joseph

Definitely the doubters. No reason to question anything else till week 1 happens. Keenum is a better leader than what we had. Time is the best remedy for an OL. We have young RBs that will change our dynamic. Young WRs to push the vets to fight for their job. 3 good TEs, a dominant FB. DL is set and stable, LB got a little better, Jewell will progress fast. Secondary is missing Talib, but added way better depth at CB and we got Cravens to boost us 4 deep on the backend.

The team is looking deep and mature. Looking forward to seeing the calmness that will bring to the field. Just need more of that in the fanbase.

As for VJ, we all deserve a second chance. Glad we have another shot to redeem him.

Two words..

Vance Joseph

This one is easy. Head coach.

1) Changed the defensive scheme back to read-and-react, using players like Derek Wolfe to eat up blockers instead of attacking gaps.
    2) Increased the zone coverage on defense, leading to miscommunications that resulted in a bottom-5 defense in TD passes allowed.
    3) Allowed Mike McCoy to install a large playbook for below average QBs.
    4) Allowed Mike McCoy to call plays that were not even practiced during the week.
    5) Allowed Mike McCoy to be too pass-happy on winnable games, though the o-line clearly was built with better run blockers than pass blockers.
    6) Wasted Demarcus Walker's rookie season, coaching him out of position.
    7) Wasted De'Angelo Henderson's rookie season, keeping our most explosive RB inactive.
    8) Kept using Isaiah McKenzie as a returner, resulting in 6 fumbles, and even Bill Belichick mocked such decision.
    9) Jamaal Charles, a player that does not play special teams, was active on several weeks go get less than 10 touches in games, sometimes with only 3 carries in the entire game.
    10) Losses by double digits: 8. Losses by 20+ points: 4. Cleveland Browns losses by 20+ points: 1.
    11) His communication skills, crucial for a head coach, have to be among the worst in the league. "Paxton's tall". "Jake Butt's tall". "Having good players is good."
    12) Elway builds a draft class focusing on team captains. Vance Joseph spends 3 days in the war room and, during the press conference, says he was not aware that the players drafted were team captains.
    13) During the owners meetings, Vance Joseph says he's moving Von Miller to Bill Kollar's room because the best rusher needs to rush more. Then, Vance Joseph says Bradley Chubb is the best edge rusher in the draft, but will leave him in Reggie Herring's room to be coached by an off-the-ball linebackers coach.

The top coaches are playing chess. Vance Joseph is playing ludo. I'm enjoying how everyone is praising the draft class and the stability at QB with Case Keenum, because now there will be no more excuses for the head coach.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Special teams. by far, We added a punter/ kick returner problem solved.

King P (Raiders) KR/ PR Philip Lindsay (Colorado)

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    Fellow Denver Bronco Fans,

Which aspect of the 2018 Denver Bronco's are you most concerned about? I'm curious to get a gauge of everyone's thoughts. Besides posting quick replies, please elaborate on why you are most concerned about (_____) and if you are feeling ambitious explain possible fixes.

justabroncosfan
    At this point in time, I am most concerned about our Head Coach.

My gut tells me that it is our coach (and much of his staff). I see many others feel the same. I also have concerns about the amount of change and our offensive line. I do like some of the pieces that have been added to the team. I still shake my head in disbelief that we thought it was worth it to lose Wade as we added VJ.

I'm looking forward to the season and hope it is fun to watch.

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Coaching, nuff said.

The Head Coach, but I am hoping I'm wrong.

The offensive line seems improved, but I think it will still be a problem.

1. Coaching (Until proves to get better with changes)

2. OL - with years and year of weak attempts to fix this starting to wonder if maybe we need to start putting the Front office on our list of weaknesses.

3. RB - no proven NFL RBs on the roster
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

For me it's the backup QB situation. Have absolutely no confidence that either can come in and take over and be effective if they have to. It's really Keenum or bust.

Denver biggest weakness are OL and HC those two have huge question marks.