Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Realistic Finish

9 - 7 with outside hope of wild card spot for me.

13-3 AFCCG appearance or better.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

{10-6} battling it out but loosing to Rivers....
    Improvements noticed across the board including coaching, leaving hope for the following year to get a few more pieces in FA and the draft to get back to the big dance in Case Keenums 2nd year

REAListically (without wearing any orange & blue blinders ...which I never wear)...

I have 0-25% confidence in Vance Joseph as HC, 50-75% confidence in Joe Woods as DC, and 25-50% confidence in Case Keenum as QB, so I'd be pleasantly surprised if we go 8-8.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Well, Denver has an almost 50 year old record of not having back to back losing seasons so they HAVE to go at least 8-8. I think they will get 9 or 10 wins myself but of coarse it all hinges on injuries. Any team that stays healthy has a chance, that's a fact.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I think Denver gets 9-10 wins and battles it out for wild card spot.

I am hoping for 9-7 or 10-6,
    Maybe get a wildcard spot???

I am right in that 9-10 win range too.

Expecting improved and experienced QB play to do wonders with the offensive efficiency. Defense will be a dynamic top 5 IMO. And STs to not be so inept. All major improvements that should lead to wins.

Also expect Joseph and the coaching to much better. Joseph has a year of experience, doesn’t have a QB leadership void and actually has more of “his” coaches and players in place. Think the chemistry in the locker room will be better without some of last year’s distractions

All those add up to 10 wins and a playoff spot. At least what I’m going with for now! 😀

After our bye week, our schedule is brutal. Even the Browns at Mile High will be tough. If I had to put money on a final record, 7-9.

It's too early to say for me. There are areas of improvement we've seen through the off season and the draft but other areas remain a question mark. Our friends in Vegas put the over/under at 7 wins but being early May, that's just a conservative guess. What will be telling is what we see during camp and then in early pre-season play.

Given the changes though there is little reason to suspect an exact repeat of last years results. Case is not Brady or Rogers but he also isn't Siemian and Lynch. He showed last year behind a poor OL he could manage. Where he stands out was his ball protection, pocket awareness, and getting the ball out - areas that cost us greatly last year.

We could end up with something similar to last season's record, but what I expect at this point is more competitiveness - not as many blow outs, less time for the defense on the field, and an offense that finds its legs and gets better instead of from bad to worse and, I think realistically, a wild card spot or better for the post season. Compared to last year, that's a win.

It's premature to start talking about wins at this point before Spring practices, TC and pre-season games. Much can happen between now and the season.

The only way to address the issue is by examining the schedule. Besides home/away in the division, Denver is at Ravens, Jets, Cardinals, Bengals, Niners, and at home against Seahawks, Rams, Texans, Steelers, Browns.

Denver's division road games have been scheduled advantageously. They have two weeks to rest and prepare before going to LA to play the Chargers. They have a ten day mini-bye before going to KC after having played Arizona on a Thursday. They have one more day than the Raiders before going to Oakland on a Monday after having played Cleveland on a Saturday.

Denver will be better on the offensive side of the ball which will make the defense better. If Musgrave calls a balanced offense, it will make life hard on opponents they face in Mile High Stadium, and life on the road will be easier if they can run the ball. Denver will have better ball security on offense, they should cut down on giving up big pass plays on defense and Special Teams should be greatly improved.

An optimistic expectation would be 14-2. A realistic one would be 12-4.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It's premature to start talking about wins at this point before Spring practices, TC and pre-season games. Much can happen between now and the season.

The only way to address the issue is by examining the schedule. Besides home/away in the division, Denver is at Ravens, Jets, Cardinals, Bengals, Niners, and at home against Seahawks, Rams, Texans, Steelers, Browns.

Denver's division road games have been scheduled advantageously. They have two weeks to rest and prepare before going to LA to play the Chargers. They have a ten day mini-bye before going to KC after having played Arizona on a Thursday. They have one more day than the Raiders before going to Oakland on a Monday after having played Cleveland on a Saturday.

Denver will be better on the offensive side of the ball which will make the defense better. If Musgrave calls a balanced offense, it will make life hard on opponents they face in Mile High Stadium, and life on the road will be easier if they can run the ball. Denver will have better ball security on offense, they should cut down on giving up big pass plays on defense and Special Teams should be greatly improved.

An optimistic expectation would be 14-2. A realistic one would be 12-4.
    I much prefer your reality over mine. I am fine with 12-4.

Let's go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    After our bye week, our schedule is brutal. Even the Browns at Mile High will be tough. If I had to put money on a final record, 7-9.
    Brutal is a stretch. Only 1 of those last 7 games features a team that went to the playoffs last season.

SD and Oakland don't scare me. Cincinnati still look bad. The Browns are at home and should be a little better but are not great and have a rookie QB coming into Denver.

The Steelers will be tough but we get them at home.

SF on the road will not be easy but we need to see how JG does in his second year starting, and they have enough holes to be beaten.

Its impossible to judge a schedule going on the previous year but at the moment it looks one of the lighter ones in the league.

Going back to the original question its impossible to start predicting how the season will go. I think we have enough talent to win the division so we're battle for the West and go from there.

I am having a really hard time realistically seeing that we lose even one game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by EngBronco View Post
    9 - 7 with outside hope of wild card spot for me.
    11-5, probable wild card, chance at AFCW if Mahomes in KC doesnt play to hype.