Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    I am having a really hard time realistically seeing that we lose even one game this year.
    Assuming you're joking here.....You know that we will lose some division games. We will sweep somebody but lose to 2 of them also. It never fails too, Denver will lose to a team that they have no business losing too but will beat the teams that are supposedly unbeatable

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Worst case scenario is 7-9. Best case is 11-5. Chubb alone should make the pass rush much better. If Wolfe, Walker, Ray, and Barrett all have bounce back years, look out. The secondary won't be quite as good without Talib, but I think Roby will be solid. I'll be very interested to see what Cravens does for the D.

Just by not turning the ball over so much, the offense should improve greatly. Then you add in new weapons like Butt, Freeman, Sutton, and Hamilton. Hopefully both Hendersons contribute more, too. As always the O-line is a concern. I think the interior, with Leary, Paradis, and McGovern, is solid. However, can Bolles take a big step forward this year. Can Veldheer stay healthy and get better as a RT? We'll see.

Crystal Ball is in the shop. I threw some chicken bones at a candle lit alter and the spirits did not answer.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Assuming you're joking here.....You know that we will lose some division games. We will sweep somebody but lose to 2 of them also. It never fails too, Denver will lose to a team that they have no business losing too but will beat the teams that are supposedly unbeatable
    No,

I am predicting we SWEEP THE DIVISION!!!

BOOM

And of course I am joking and indulging in off-season optimism... I can't remember the last time we swept the division? It could happen. If any team in the AFCW is going to sweep the Division, it's the perennial dominant organization, aka the Denver Broncos. I think it's more than likely we sweep Oakland. Sweeping the other two teams will be tough. I do think Denver finishes the year in either the divisional round of AFC Championship game.... mmm... Most likely a super bowl victory.

When I look at the AFCW objectively- I think all three of our rivals are going to under preform this year and I think we will win the AFCW- let's break it down in order of who I think will be the most competitive to us;

1. KC - I respect Andy Reid so much- however, I think this team is going to miss the veteran leadership of Alex Smith and I think this offense is going to take a very noticeable set back from the firecracker it was for much of last year.

2. SD - SD just doesn't have it guys- they never do... Phillip Rivers. Need I say much more?

3. OAK - It really looks like we are all going to have the best seats in the house to watch the Raiders franchise get set back 10+ years because of this monumental NFL calamity that will be the re-introduction of Gruden. Soooooooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Crystal Ball is in the shop. I threw some chicken bones at a candle lit alter and the spirits did not answer.
    That's because you forgot the freshly severed Ram's head... I know a guy in your area if you need some help.
    Last edited by Zealander; 05-07-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    No,

I am predicting we SWEEP THE DIVISION!!!

BOOM

And of course I am joking and indulging in off-season optimism... I can't remember the last time we swept the division? It could happen. If any team in the AFCW is going to sweep the Division, it's the perennial dominant organization, aka the Denver Broncos. I think it's more than likely we sweep Oakland. Sweeping the other two teams will be tough. I do think Denver finishes the year in either the divisional round of AFC Championship game.... mmm... Most likely a super bowl victory.

When I look at the AFCW objectively- I think all three of our rivals are going to under preform this year and I think we will win the AFCW- let's break it down in order of who I think will be the most competitive to us;

1. KC - I respect Andy Reid so much- however, I think this team is going to miss the veteran leadership of Alex Smith and I think this offense is going to take a very noticeable set back from the firecracker it was for much of last year.

2. SD - SD just doesn't have it guys- they never do... Phillip Rivers. Need I say much more?

3. OAK - It really looks like we are all going to have the best seats in the house to watch the Raiders franchise get set back 10+ years because of this monumental NFL calamity that will be the re-introduction of Gruden. Soooooooo good.

That's because you forgot the freshly severed Ram's head... I know a guy in your area if you need some help.
    The Denver Broncos swept the AFC West in 2014.

This year the Broncos have: a bye before playing at the Chargers; a mini-bye before going to KC; and, have nine days to the Raiders' eight days of rest and preparation before going to Oakland. I think a divisional sweep is possible. The 1 October game at home against KC is on Monday Night. None of Denver's divisional opponents have byes or mini-byes before playing the Broncos. The Chargers play at Denver 30 December.

The Ravens have a mini-bye before the Broncos go to Baltimore, and the Texans have a mini-bye before coming to Denver.

This isn't the only area where Denver's schedule is favorable. Denver has the Seahawks and Rams at home while they have Cardinals and Niners on the road. They have Steelers and Browns at home and are at Ravens and Bengals. Texans at home, Jets on the road.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    REAListically (without wearing any orange & blue blinders ...which I never wear)...

I have 0-25% confidence in Vance Joseph as HC, 50-75% confidence in Joe Woods as DC, and 25-50% confidence in Case Keenum as QB, so I'd be pleasantly surprised if we go 8-8.
    If we go 8-8, two of those people are not going to be here in 2019. Probably not even by the end of 2018's season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The Denver Broncos swept the AFC West in 2014.

This year the Broncos have: a bye before playing at the Chargers; a mini-bye before going to KC; and, have nine days to the Raiders' eight days of rest and preparation before going to Oakland. I think a divisional sweep is possible. The 1 October game at home against KC is on Monday Night. None of Denver's divisional opponents have byes or mini-byes before playing the Broncos. The Chargers play at Denver 30 December.

The Ravens have a mini-bye before the Broncos go to Baltimore, and the Texans have a mini-bye before coming to Denver.

This isn't the only area where Denver's schedule is favorable. Denver has the Seahawks and Rams at home while they have Cardinals and Niners on the road. They have Steelers and Browns at home and are at Ravens and Bengals. Texans at home, Jets on the road.
    What's that?

A telegraph? For me?

No- for the boards.

We are sweeping the Division. I repeat, we are sweeping the Division.

So much of this depends on Keenum.

The defense on paper should still be good enough to win games for us and not lose them.

If Keenum clicks with the offense I think we are looking at an 11-12 win season and a division title shot.

If Keenum falls flat we are looking at another sub 6 win season.

Good to see a lot of those whose opinions I respect on this Board willing to step up with educated guesses!! Of course everything can change quickly with injuries to Keenum, or starting OL players. Plus, on Defense we will be in trouble if we lose one or more run stoppers. Plus we have a guy coaching the raiders who hasn't coached in many years, and we have the Chiefs with a QB who has thrown a total of 35 passes in the NFL. And maybe the NFL "Gods" will have mercy on San Diego this year. But I doubt it. LOL So, my guess is 10-6.

Predictions by game.

Seahawks @ Denver W (Seahawks defense has lost key players)
    Raiders @ Denver W (Just cause I can't stand Raiders fans)
    Broncos @ Ravens L (I have more faith in John Harbaugh than Vance Joseph)
    Chiefs @ Broncos W (Not scared of Mahomes at this stage of his career)
    Broncos @ Jets L (Bronco's traveling to the East Coast and playing an early game= bad mojo)
    Rams @ Broncos L (Toss up game)
    Broncos @ Cardinals W (Doubt Sam Bradford will be healthy for this game so Broncos win)
    Broncos @ Chiefs W (Again, not scared of Mahomes)
    Texans @ Broncos W (Texans are always overhyped in my opinion)
    Broncos @ Chargers L (Chargers always play us close and their defense is legit)
    Steelers @ Broncos L (More faith in Big Ben and Mike Tomlin than Keenum and Vance Jospeh and also Steelers play well late in seasons)
    Broncos @ Bengals W (Toss up, and wearing orange and blue glasses here)
    Broncos @ 49's W (Not sold on Jimmy)
    Browns @ Broncos W (If we lose to the Browns, something is rotten in Denmark)
    Broncos @ Raiders W (Just cause I can't stand Raiders fans)
    Chargers @ Broncos L (Again, I think there defense is legit)

10-6 earns a wildcard but Denver loses on the road to the #3 AFC seed the... Chargers

Don't worry guys, the Chargers get trounced by the #2 AFC seed the... Buffalo Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It's premature to start talking about wins at this point before Spring practices, TC and pre-season games. Much can happen between now and the season.

The only way to address the issue is by examining the schedule. Besides home/away in the division, Denver is at Ravens, Jets, Cardinals, Bengals, Niners, and at home against Seahawks, Rams, Texans, Steelers, Browns.

Denver's division road games have been scheduled advantageously. They have two weeks to rest and prepare before going to LA to play the Chargers. They have a ten day mini-bye before going to KC after having played Arizona on a Thursday. They have one more day than the Raiders before going to Oakland on a Monday after having played Cleveland on a Saturday.

Denver will be better on the offensive side of the ball which will make the defense better. If Musgrave calls a balanced offense, it will make life hard on opponents they face in Mile High Stadium, and life on the road will be easier if they can run the ball. Denver will have better ball security on offense, they should cut down on giving up big pass plays on defense and Special Teams should be greatly improved.

An optimistic expectation would be 14-2. A realistic one would be 12-4.
    Wow! 12-4 I like your version of realism

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Wow! 12-4 I like your version of realism
    I think he may have meant to post 4-12.

11-5 AFCW Champions #3 seed

-GB2

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    Predictions by game.

Seahawks @ Denver W (Seahawks defense has lost key players)
    Raiders @ Denver W (Just cause I can't stand Raiders fans)
    Broncos @ Ravens L (I have more faith in John Harbaugh than Vance Joseph)
    Chiefs @ Broncos W (Not scared of Mahomes at this stage of his career)
    Broncos @ Jets L (Bronco's traveling to the East Coast and playing an early game= bad mojo)
    Rams @ Broncos L (Toss up game)
    Broncos @ Cardinals W (Doubt Sam Bradford will be healthy for this game so Broncos win)
    Broncos @ Chiefs W (Again, not scared of Mahomes)
    Texans @ Broncos W (Texans are always overhyped in my opinion)
    Broncos @ Chargers L (Chargers always play us close and their defense is legit)
    Steelers @ Broncos L (More faith in Big Ben and Mike Tomlin than Keenum and Vance Jospeh and also Steelers play well late in seasons)
    Broncos @ Bengals W (Toss up, and wearing orange and blue glasses here)
    Broncos @ 49's W (Not sold on Jimmy)
    Browns @ Broncos W (If we lose to the Browns, something is rotten in Denmark)
    Broncos @ Raiders W (Just cause I can't stand Raiders fans)
    Chargers @ Broncos L (Again, I think there defense is legit)

10-6 earns a wildcard but Denver loses on the road to the #3 AFC seed the... Chargers

Don't worry guys, the Chargers get trounced by the #2 AFC seed the... Buffalo Bills.
    Gates is no longer with the Chargers. Broncos have a better chance

Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post
    Gates is no longer with the Chargers. Broncos have a better chance
    Gates has been a non factor for a minute now.