Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Free Agents/Waivers

I thought about creating this thread to discuss players that become available. Every time a notable player is released, someone wants to talk about the possibility of making a roster move.

A move that caught my attention was San Francisco releasing Zane Beadles. I understand Menelik Watson can't be moved now because of his guaranteed salary, but we can find ways to leave him at guard by adding better swing tackles. I think Beadles would be a better swing tackle than Watson and also a better swing guard than Max Garcia, who is in the final year of his contract anyway.

Another player that could be a good fit for the Broncos is Brandon Chubb, Bradley's brother. This is not about getting Bradley's brother because it's a nice story. Brandon Chubb is an off-the-ball linebacker, and a better athlete than our current inside linebackers. He is 6'1, 235-240 pounds and ran a 4.68 40. His tests are pretty good, 3-cone, vertical, broad jump, bench press, etc. He seems to be a more athletic, speedy linebacker to help on special teams and compete during training camp.

Chubb was waived by the Lions and the Broncos are 5th in the waiver wire.

EDIT: This is the link to the NFL transactions:

http://www.nfl.com/transactions
    Last edited by -Rod-; 05-09-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I thought about creating this thread to discuss players that become available. Every time a notable player is released, someone wants to talk about the possibility of making a roster move.

A move that caught my attention was San Francisco releasing Zane Beadles. I understand Menelik Watson can't be moved now because of his guaranteed salary, but we can find ways to leave him at guard by adding better swing tackles. I think Beadles would be a better swing tackle than Watson and also a better swing guard than Max Garcia, who is in the final year of his contract anyway.

Another player that could be a good fit for the Broncos is Brandon Chubb, Bradley's brother. This is not about getting Bradley's brother because it's a nice story. Brandon Chubb is an off-the-ball linebacker, and a better athlete than our current inside linebackers. He is 6'1, 235-240 pounds and ran a 4.68 40. His tests are pretty good, 3-cone, vertical, broad jump, bench press, etc. He seems to be a more athletic, speedy linebacker to help on special teams and compete during training camp.

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprof...016&genpos=ILB

Chubb was waived by the Lions and the Broncos are 5th in the waiver wire.
    Brandon Chubb might be a good idea. I did read that Jewell ran better at his pro day, posting a 4.68 in the 40 yard dash.

What a great idea-- all the FA's/Waiver discussions in one place.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Saints released Coby Fleener. Pretty underwhelming career thus far for him.

How about Rakeem Nunez-Roches? A good rotational DL player, could provide depth behind Peko and McDonald. Would come cheap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OraleBroncos View Post
    How about Rakeem Nunez-Roches? A good rotational DL player, could provide depth behind Peko and McDonald. Would come cheap as well.
    Def on board with him and he is a very young player that can still develop

I figured we would not show interest in Austin Howard after trading for Veldheer, but Howard just signed with the Colts.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I figured we would not show interest in Austin Howard after trading for Veldheer, but Howard just signed with the Colts.

That was a solid pick up. He's better than a lot of RTs in this league, including any of ours. I think he was the RT that beat out Watson when he was on the Raiders.

I would have liked to have had Howard. I want nothing to do with Fleener.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Fleener's career is probably done

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Fleener's career is probably done
    Thats a disappoint career. I expected bigger things from Fleener.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

I don't want him, and Broncos don't need him, but I am still surprised Dez hasn't found a home.

Quote Originally Posted by OraleBroncos View Post
    I would be all about signing this guy. He is under rated IMO. He could easily be a rotational guy or even start on the DL.

I would like to see Dez signed for one year. Pair him and DT on the outside and move E. Sanders in the slot that would be super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I would like to see Dez signed for one year. Pair him and DT on the outside and move E. Sanders in the slot that would be super cool.
    No way, we are better off throwing our youngsters out there are getting them developed, quickly. DT and ES will be out the door in the next year or so, young guys need to step up and fill the holes they leave.
    Dez does nothing for this team.