Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: N. Suh

N. Suh

if chubb and miller looks good but we don't have the interior pass rusher we need. we may want to sell out on adding suh

plus imagine this

Suh and miller stacked up on each other on the same side. what do you do. have like 4 men to block them. one will get free.

he only signed a 1 year contact with the rams and i feel they will prioritize making sure peters is there. so if he shows end up signing some where else.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 05-14-2018 at 06:56 PM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I assume you mean next season? Denver is very tight against the cap next year, like really really tight against the cap, not sure they'll be adding too many players. They need some young players to develop in the worst way, because the credit card is maxed out.

According to Over The Cap, Denver has $16.5 million in cap space with 49 players under contract for 2019, on a projected $190 million cap. Now that's before the rollover and also before any player cuts, but if young players don't start developing they're going to need to replace players they cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I assume you mean next season? Denver is very tight against the cap next year, like really really tight against the cap, not sure they'll be adding too many players. They need some young players to develop in the worst way, because the credit card is maxed out.

According to Over The Cap, Denver has $16.5 million in cap space with 49 players under contract for 2019, on a projected $190 million cap. Now that's before the rollover and also before any player cuts, but if young players don't start developing they're going to need to replace players they cut.
    Agreed. I think Sutton and Hamilton push Sanders and DT out the door regardless of their season. Hamilton is going to blow up in camp. He reminds me so much of when Brandon Lloyd was here. His route running and his body language when running the routes. Plus their size and speed are almost the same as well.

Add that plus Marsh and possibly Stew being gone. If Wolfe canít stay healthy this year I see him gone as well.

i see us having a bit more then that. i feel DT is gone after this year or restructing no way we keep him at 17m, expecially when theres 2k in dead money and i think a op out of the contract. he is not gonna make 17m any where on the fa market or anything. sanders i due 12m and has 2m in dead money so i feel he will be in the same boat. expecially if he doesn't come back this next season. watson also is gone or restructed after this year. only reason he is around now the dead money would be higher then the cap hit so it makes no sense at all unless a young guy making like nothing out proforms him. other wise he is hear this year. but cutting a 7m contact for 1 m there next season looks like a must do for us. another guy that will more then likely be cut next is D Steward save a 7 mil contract for a 2.8m dead cap. he is kinda 50/50 really depensd on his play but we have some really talented rookies that could get his spot in danger.

oakland raders gm

Theyíre only tight until they get rid of some very bad contracts.

Even if we had the cap space I donít think Iíd want Suh. Doesnít play to the numbers he demands and I donít think heís a good locker room presence either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Even if we had the cap space I donít think Iíd want Suh. Doesnít play to the numbers he demands and I donít think heís a good locker room presence either.
    Iím not saying youíre wrong. But, is there evidence out there that he isnít a good locker room guy? I have no idea because Iíve never heard one way or the other.

No hard evidence.

Neither of his former teams fought hard to keep him. Even LA isnít willing to commit to him long term yet.

Makes me think he might be like Sheldon Richardson...a difficult personality with a reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    No hard evidence.

Neither of his former teams fought hard to keep him. Even LA isn’t willing to commit to him long term yet.

Makes me think he might be like Sheldon Richardson...a difficult personality with a reputation.
    using 2 franchise tags on him seems to be fighting to keep him hard.

i don't think it is locker room issues it was a money+nasty attitude on the field. i also feel gase only wants his guys.

i also think when your used to making 20m. it is hard to choke down only making 14m. maybe not but both him and atkins are free agents after this season i really like to see us get one.

i am not sure if it is not they don't want to commit to him long term, or he thinks he can make more next offseason if he looks dominate. he did drop a bit in salary i believe.

either way he is probably one 1 to 2 year contract for the rest of his career due to age.

oakland raders gm

I don't think Sue would be a target even if they did have the cap space. The way Elway drafted this year makes me think he values character more than raw skill. Every guy we drafted this year were down to earth guys with little to zero character concerns.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I don't think Sue would be a target even if they did have the cap space. The way Elway drafted this year makes me think he values character more than raw skill. Every guy we drafted this year were down to earth guys with little to zero character concerns.
    the draft is different then free agency and Suh is smarter then most football players.

oakland raders gm

I think the plan was to have Lolutelei become the eventual guy at DT, but he retired. I think Johnathan Hankins is still unsigned and a great talent, but I'm not sure if Elway wants to give up 9 million a year while Peko and McDonald are on contract already
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Broncos dont have alot of cap, but there's alot of possible cap casualties next year.

- Menelik Watson is a given provided he passes a physical.
    - Darian Stewart is probably cut as well.
    - One of DT/Sanders will get the axe provided Sutton, Hamilton show enough as well as Henderson.
    - Davis or Marshall are possible ones as well.

Thats close to 25 million right there. I dont think they'd go after Suh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Broncos dont have alot of cap, but there's alot of possible cap casualties next year.

- Menelik Watson is a given provided he passes a physical.
    - Darian Stewart is probably cut as well.
    - One of DT/Sanders will get the axe provided Sutton, Hamilton show enough as well as Henderson.
    - Davis or Marshall are possible ones as well.

Thats close to 25 million right there. I dont think they'd go after Suh anyway.
    I'd also include Brandon McManus if he does not bounce back this season. $2.75 million salary in 2019, $3 million salary in 2020 for a kicker that only hit 75% of his FG attempts last season.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I'd also include Brandon McManus if he does not bounce back this season. $2.75 million salary in 2019, $3 million salary in 2020 for a kicker that only hit 75% of his FG attempts last season.
    Jason Elam played for 17 years, 7 of which he made 75% of his kicks or fewer.
    Last edited by lvbronx; 05-19-2018 at 06:26 PM.