Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I gotta side with Juice and Birdman. I don't work on Sunday, but I don't like having that advantage over other players. If we didn't have people who have to work, I'd be all for it though.

Looks like we are coming to an easy concencus here...

Make sure you look at the setting in th league to make sure it looks like you are thinking it should.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

I like free for all. IMO putting free agents on waiver wires is just a handicap that allows people to read expert articles. I like people relying on their own knowledge on who to pick up. I understand the work thing ... last season i worked on a few Sundays and this year I probably will again. It is a path to double time pay that is hard to resist Still that is the setting I like.

Draft time per pick is cool (60 secs) and I assume it will be changed to online once we know a day.

Most important to me is once the draft happen do not change the settings. Look them over now and speak you opinion now while we all have a chance to discuss and make well thought out decisions.

If someone wants to change something mid-season the chance is there that settings will be changed without managers even being allowed a chance to express their opinion.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Looks like we are coming to an easy concencus here...

Make sure you look at the setting in th league to make sure it looks like you are thinking it should.
    We have time...let see if we can get closer to a 7 manager count before calling it a majority ya?

Either way I would like to see everyone being able to express their opinion on settings but that could just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I like free for all. IMO putting free agents on waiver wires is just a handicap that allows people to read expert articles. I like people relying on their own knowledge on who to pick up. I understand the work thing ... last season i worked on a few Sundays and this year I probably will again. It is a path to double time pay that is hard to resist Still that is the setting I like.

Draft time per pick is cool (60 secs) and I assume it will be changed to online once we know a day.

Most important to me is once the draft happen do not change the settings. Look them over now and speak you opinion now while we all have a chance to discuss and make well thought out decisions.

If someone wants to change something mid-season the chance is there that settings will be changed without managers even being allowed a chance to express their opinion.
    Trying to avoid that by having this discussion early... simple majority rules..

We have time...let see if we can get closer to a 7 manager count before calling it a majority ya?

Either way I would like to see everyone being able to express their opinion on settings but that could just be me.
    Where we stand right now, I think it's even on the waiver wire rules. 3 in favor of a free for all: Hadez, EM, and JVDub. 3 in favor of the standard rule: Spice, Birdman, and JUICEMAN. Need some input from the others.

As far as draft time, IDC. I'll make time whenever.

Where we stand right now, I think it's even on the waiver wire rules. 3 in favor of a free for all: Hadez, EM, and JVDub. 3 in favor of the standard rule: Spice, Birdman, and JUICEMAN. Need some input from the others.

Want me to break the tie?
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Want me to break the tie?
    Depends what side are you for? Lol

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Depends what side are you for? Lol
    Ummmm..... the only problem with "free for all" is that if I have a crappy team I'm penalized further because I'm working, or at a Baptism, or busy with some form of debauchery.

I'd vote "traditional".
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Once games are played, players are locked. Tuesday is the earliest any player is able to be picked up correct? What's the difference if you wait until Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday? Free for all doesn't necessarily mean at any point, there will still be a waiver claim process to go through

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Iíve never played with a Free for All FA setup before. Does this mean that all players not currently on a roster are available for pick up any anytime?

As for draft day/time - Iím good with any date outside of 8/23-8/26. Preferably at night if possible!

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanBronco View Post
    I’ve never played with a Free for All FA setup before. Does this mean that all players not currently on a roster are available for pick up any anytime?

As for draft day/time - I’m good with any date outside of 8/23-8/26. Preferably at night if possible!
    Free for all is FA can be pickedup at any time. Only players cut go to the waiver wire. To me free for all tdavies the least amountof skill and most free time holds all the advantage. To me their isn'tany skill involved in the o the starter went down ibet his back up is a smart pick up. And o I'm first here so I get them. FFA you could also end up with the top 3 pick ups because you were faster on clicking through the site.

Waiver wire requires you to strategize on who to prioritize. Yes you could use professional information whichis not anything spectacular andnot common sense missy ofthe time. Occasionally they might have a nice nugget but most the time just your normal run of themill guys sp arewre and on teams anyways.

The most skill is probably having a bidding format but those can get complicated to implement correctly.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

And as commish I’ll defer my vote unless needed by he way... I’ll do as the majority wants.

Free for all is FA can be pickedup at any time. Only players cut go to the waiver wire. To me free for all tdavies the least amountof skill and most free time holds all the advantage. To me their isn'tany skill involved in the o the starter went down ibet his back up is a smart pick up. And o I'm first here so I get them. FFA you could also end up with the top 3 pick ups because you were faster on clicking through the site.

Waiver wire requires you to strategize on who to prioritize. Yes you could use professional information whichis not anything spectacular andnot common sense missy ofthe time. Occasionally they might have a nice nugget but most the time just your normal run of themill guys sp arewre and on teams anyways.

The most skill is probably having a bidding format but those can get complicated to implement correctly.
    As someone who often plays in both "free for all" and locked at game time leagues I have a very different opinion.

With cell phones being used for fantasy football now a days the time thing is not near as big as it was years ago. Twice I have been forced to draft my Bronco forum team from work. That has never stopped me. Cell phones can be used to pick up players from any where. Information about players is easily available on mobile devices now a days.

I disagree with your opinion on the skill part.

If people can wait until Tue or Wed to pick players up then people can go over all the many "expert" articles on who to pick up instead of using their own skill and knowledge. By Tue there are over a dozen free articles available about hot starting pick ups as well as deep pick ups for future starters. Some websites have a list for each position (QB, RB, WR, TE, DEF and possibly a PPR list). This is not even including some of the searchable stat databases which are not updated until Monday and Tuesday.

Picking up players on Sunday means a manager has to rely on their own knowledge and their own skill instead of work done by other people.

EM and I played 2 or 3 seasons under the free for all format. Yes players disappear during games, specially players involved in Bronco games, but in the years we have played under this setting most players are taken until Sunday night and Monday.

Locking free agents at game time is just a handicap for people who want to rely on "experts" on who to pick up in my opinion.

I prefer managers using their own knowledge and their own skill...with the help of cell phones if need be.
    Last edited by Hadez; 07-26-2018 at 01:01 AM.

As someone who often plays in both "free for all" and locked at game time leagues I have a very different opinion.

With cell phones being used for fantasy football now a days the time thing is not near as big as it was years ago. Twice I have been forced to draft my Bronco forum team from work. That has never stopped me. Cell phones can be used to pick up players from any where. Information about players is easily available on mobile devices now a days.

I disagree with your opinion on the skill part.

If people can wait until Tue or Wed to pick players up then people can go over all the many "expert" articles on who to pick up instead of using their own skill and knowledge. By Tue there are over a dozen free articles available about hot starting pick ups as well as deep pick ups for future starters. Some websites have a list for each position (QB, RB, WR, TE, DEF and possibly a PPR list). This is not even including some of the searchable stat databases which are not updated until Monday and Tuesday.

Picking up players on Sunday means a manager has to rely on their own knowledge and their own skill instead of work done by other people.

EM and I played 2 or 3 seasons under the free for all format. Yes players disappear during games, specially players involved in Bronco games, but in the years we have played under this setting most players are taken until Sunday night and Monday.

Locking free agents at game time is just a handicap for people who want to rely on "experts" on who to pick up in my opinion.

I prefer managers using their own knowledge and their own skill...with the help of cell phones if need be.
    Time argument is almost like you ignored the whole situation. I work in a factory and on third. So cellphones aren't allowed on the floor and I sleep during the day. So I'm normally not awake for early games. So how does a cell phone help in any of these situations?

Plus I've played in a free for all and I've taken advantage of the major handicap it gives to someone who has the free time to sit during the games. I remember picking cousins up after RG3 went down. There was no skill involved in that.

And yes it still involves more skill with a waiver wire because even if they get these expert opinions they still have to know how to use them and fall in line in the waiver wire. Therefore no one that has time can't just scoop up the best players before others even know what happens. FFA is a bigger handicap and requires less skill. A person that knows what they are doing will still take advantage of gems with out ever having to worry about the experts picking them out. In all the times I've played FFA I've constantly watched injured players have the back up picked up quickly after it happens. Having no internet hiccups or have the site run faster isn't any true fantasy skill.

Plus assuming those who want the waiver lacks skills highly questionable. Like I said the expert opinions are usually junk which is why I never look at them.
    Last edited by #87Birdman; 07-26-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Time argumentis almost like you ignored the whole situation. I work ib a factory and on third. So check phones aren't showed onthe floor and I sleep during the day. So I'm normally not awake for early games. So how does acell phonehelp in any of these situations?

Plus I've played in a free for alland I've taken advantage ofthe major handicap it gives justonewho have the free time to sit during the games. I remember picking cousins up after RG3 went down. There was no skill involved in that.

And yes it still involves more skill with a waiver wire because even if they get these expert opinions they still have to know how to use them and fall in line in the waiver wire. Therefore no one that has time can't just scoop up the best players before others even know what happens. FFA is a bigger handicap and requires less skill. A person that knows what they are doing will still take advantage of gems with it ever having to worry about the experts picking them out. In allthe timesI've played FFA ice constantly watched injured players have the back up picked up quickly after it happens. Having no internet hiccups or fasteron the site isn't any true fantasy skill.

Plus assuming those who want the waiver lacks skillis highly questionable. Like I said the expert opinionsare usually junk which is why I never look at them.
    You have your opinion and I have mine.

Free agent lock is a handicap in my view. People agree to use the handicap for various reasons ... work schedule and restricted work environment in your example...but it is a handicap.

Trying to imply it is a skill thing is incorrect in my opinion